Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best and Worst Colts 2013 Season

Caleb3502

Which Colts player has played the best this season and has made a big impact? You cannot say the following players: Luck, Mathis, and Vinatieri. These seem to be the best 3 players at each level, offense, defense, and special teams. So pick someone different.

Now, which Colts player has played the worst this season? Players that are not allowed to be used are DHB, Satele or McGlynn, Vaughn, and Reed. Reed is no longer here and the others are disliked all the time.

For a final question, which player has improved the most? You can't say Donald Brown for this one, because he seems to have improved a lot.

Best: Coby Fleener stepped up,, he had problems dropping balls in the early season now hes just making big plays..........

Worst: DHB has problems not catching balls.......Antione Bethea keeps letting the WRs make big plays and cant intercept....hes had 1 but there has been lots of times he could of intercept it but couldnt do it

Reggie Wayne was the best offensive player on our team and I think he made the biggest impact so far -- we see the offense struggling without him and I highly doubt we beat SF, SEA, or DEN without him in the line-up.  Our record would be more like 3-9, 4-8 or at best 5-7 if he wasn't around for the first part of the year.

Worst:  Hard to argue with Bethea if we can't use the others on your list. 

Most improved:  Fleener is hard to argue with here -- Vaughn normally looks like crap but he actually played pretty well last week and I do think he has improved significantly from last year.  TY I think has also made some pretty big leaps from last year -- he is struggling a bit as the 'true' number 1, but he has saved us in several situations and I think has proven that his rookie year was no joke and if we can give him a complimentary WR to take some coverage off him he is dynamite.

Some 'unsung' heroes I think are Howell (he was Awesome when he got called on to fill in for Landry), Sergio Brown, Jack Doyle (his blocking has been mostly awesome), and Darius Butler (when we have both Davis and Toler healthy, I think Butler is one of the top nickel backs in this league -- his play vs. Welker proved that to me).

Guest TeamLoloJones

Best-Gosder Cherilus.  He's been an absolute stud.  And that feels so go to say that about an offensive lineman for once.

Worst-Antoine Bethea,  I can't believe how much he has fallen off this year.  And he wasn't very good last year either.  He may be done in Indy.

I don't think Bethea will be back next year.

Who are we going to get to replace him, a rookie or through FA?  Stevie Brown I think is a free agent and I think we had him for a short period of time.  He might come cheap coming off the ACL injury.   

Best-Gosder Cherilus.  He's been an absolute stud.  And that feels so go to say that about an offensive lineman for once.

Worst-Antoine Bethea,  I can't believe how much he has fallen off this year.  And he wasn't very good last year either.  He may be done in Indy.

Can I please go back and dig up the "we overpaid for this guy" threads about Gosder? Please, please, please can I?  

Lol.

Wasn't his FA contract considered to be one of the worst ones this season? Maybe that was someone else. My memory is not getting better as I get older. I do remember Tim Ryan talking to a FA lineman about why he was not picked up yet and a guy named "Gosder" (in a derogatory manner) was making all these millions. Man do people ever judge too quickly. 

Best & most improved- Fleener no doubt. Has been injury free this year and has been able to get in a little bit of a groove in the offense. Since Reg went down he has been very productive & the lone bright spot on the O

Worst- Bethea. Has looked awful this year. Idk if he has lost a step or what.. But coming into the year I thought we may have one of the best safety duos in the league. Won't be shocked if he is gone next year, unless he takes the amount of $ he deserves