Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking ahead just for fun - 2014 Colts schedule

chad72

2014 schedule for Colts looks like this:

6 division games

Home - Ravens, Bengals, Eagles, Redskins (RG3 vs Luck), Patriots

Away - Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Broncos

I see 3 primetime games at least for the Colts. Luck took down Russell Wilson, he will take down RG3 too :).

The Redskins game will be easy. Team is bad. ESPN will pick it up for Monday night cause dramu though. Im not sure of the timing, but @ Dallas could be a Thanksgiving matchup as well.

Overall, the schedule is far less brutal next year than the buzzsaw that is both west divisions this year.

The Redskins game will be easy. Team is bad. ESPN will pick it up for Monday night cause dramu though. Im not sure of the timing, but @ Dallas could be a Thanksgiving matchup as well.

Overall, the schedule is far less brutal next year than the buzzsaw that is both west divisions this year.

lions year to be CBS next year n turkey day. Cowboys will play a NFC team.

Present performance is no indication of future results.

But, we have nothing else to go by, so........Yeah, seems good.

Guest TeamLoloJones

6 division games

I see 3 primetime games at least for the Colts. Luck took down Russell Wilson, he will take down RG3 too :).

So this year we played the best two divisions in the NFL (AFC & NFC West) and next year we get to play the NFC East, and AFC North?  haha I'll take it.

What I do like about it is that the Patriots get to play here in 2014 and 2015 potentially if we both win our divisions.

The AFC East similarly placed team venue never alternates. Other similarly placed AFC division team venues alternate (just not AFC East, east coast bias???).

Colts played in NE in 2004, 2005 and 2006. Then, NE played here in 2007, 2008 & 2009. Then, Colts played in NE in 2010, 2011 but not in 2012 (since we did not win the division).

NE now plays at similarly placed AFC South team venues in 2013 (Texans), 2014 and 2015.

Caught in the AFC East cross fire here is Peyton. He played in NE in 2010, 2011 (he went with team with Orlovsky as QB). Then, he goes to NE in 2012, 2013 and potentially 2014 as a Bronco. So, Peyton would have gone to NE 5 years in a row. I am sure he will hate that place when he retires, LOL :).

6 division games

At first glance, I'd say that's a much, Much, MUCH harder schedule next year than the schedule we play this year.

I hope we have a great off-season (Free Agents, Draft) plus I hope the 2013 draft class finally comes together.    We're going to need all of that to deal with such a difficult schedule.

Here's hoping...........

Caught in the AFC East cross fire here is Peyton. He played in NE in 2010, 2011 (he went with team with Orlovsky as QB). Then, he goes to NE in 2012, 2013 and potentially 2014 as a Bronco. So, Peyton would have gone to NE 5 years in a row. I am sure he will hate that place when he retires, LOL :).

It always seems like Brady gets to play all the big games at home. Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but Robert Craft has been in cahoots with Roger Goodell and the NFL for some time.

this the real schedule?

yep, the whole schedule is set up on a rotation so you can figure out who you are playing any year down the road if you know the rotation except for the two teams you play that finish in the same spot in your division as you in the two divisions in your conference that you don't already play.  Since we play the AFC North next year and it looks very much like we are going to win the South that means we will play the division champions on the East and West which looks like it will be the Pats and Broncos (oh joy another gut wrenching game with Peyton I can hardly wait). 

Where did you get this? I live in Skins Nation area and the whole world will be on my rear end when that game comes and I really do NOT like RG3 lol.

From here:

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm

It is based on the NFL formulae already in place.

It is consistent with other sites I have checked too (like this one):

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts.php

Please - saying a 2014 game will be easy is pointless. What happens in 2013 has no bearing on how a team will be the following year. See the 2012 Colts for evidence.

The Patriots and Broncos venue could be flipped.  There is no exact formula for the venue on the record-based games.  It could be Denver here again, with the Colts going to New England.

This is what I know.

For AFC East, in the 2 years that you do not play the entire division, it is home, home or away, away. So, if you include the 3rd year where you play the AFC East, it ends up being home, home, home and away, away, away.

Thus, Colts vs Pats, let us examine - 2004, 2005, 2006 at Foxboro, 2007, 2008 & 2009 in Indy, 2010 (Foxboro), 2011 (Foxboro) & 2012 (at AFC East but Jets instead of Pats since we did not win division). Now, 2013 (Dolphins), 2014 & 2015, it will be at AFC South (Indy) vs similar placed AFC East teams.

For AFC North, in the 2 years that you do not play the entire division, it is home, away, or away, home.

Thus, Colts vs AFC North - 2009 (Ravens on the road), 2010 (Bengals at home),  2011 (you play entire division), 2012 (Browns at home), 2013 (Bengals on the road) thus proving home and away vs AFC North in the 2 years you don't play the division, 2014 (you play the entire division)

For AFC West, in the 2 years that you do not play the entire division, it is home, away, or away, home

Thus, Colts vs AFC West - 2008 (Chargers on the road), 2009 (Broncos at home), 2010 (entire division), 2011 (Chiefs at home vs Painter), 2012 (Chiefs on the road), 2013 (play entire division), 2014 (Broncos on the road), 2015 (AFC West team at home)

Yeah, I get that but he said it was going to be easy.

The Redskins

-Are in cap hell

-have limited draft picks

-have a Polian and son situation in their coaching staff

-have one of the worst owners in the biz

That is a team that is going downhill fast without wholesale change, and theres nothing they can concievably do about it next year. I would be shocked if the Redskins werent the worst team in football next year.