Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Haynesworth to Pats

dylan8678

Wow! Just now heard this on NFLN. Can't believe that BB would want him. He's made it clear he doesn't like the 3-4. Even given BB's ability to work with difficult players, I can't see Haynesworthless making the effort.

And if he doesnt, he'll be gone. Its one of those 'low risk-high potential' situations. I dont know yet how I feel about the trade...I think Im more intrigued by the potential then I am actually excited about it...but time will tell.

And if he doesnt, he'll be gone. Its one of those 'low risk-high potential' situations. I dont know yet how I feel about the trade...I think Im more intrigued by the potential then I am actually excited about it...but time will tell.

It's a 5 mill contract so I hope it's incentive laden.

I wouldn't have thrown 5M at him. He disgusts me so much that he'd have to pay ME 5M to sign his sorry backside.

Every team in the NFL is getting better, except the Colts. We are regressing and our HOF qb is handcuffing us. I thought people were crazy when they said the window was closing, but my friends, it is. Face the music, #18 is killing our chances to win another SB.

D13, I follow your same sentiment . . . the thing that bothers me was he basically quit before he even played a game for the skins. Took some 70 mil dollars and really didn't show up in Washington, it wasn't like he played a season or two, then had coaching change (or something) and then got disgruntled. Also, all of the "troubled" players we have had in the past we still producing whilst they were disgruntled, with the possible exception of Moss in hi slas year in Oakland . . .

so for me in one way i like the addition, in the other I got a guy on my team that made a handkshake agreement, took 70 million from a team and thumbed his nose at them, kind of bothers me . . . of coarse we do not know all of the behind the seen story in Washington . . .

Every team in the NFL is getting better, except the Colts. We are regressing and our HOF qb is handcuffing us. I thought people were crazy when they said the window was closing, but my friends, it is. Face the music, #18 is killing our chances to win another SB.

you arent wrong for feeling this way, but this is the nature of having a top professional athlete on your team. They command the most money. If he wasnt that good we wouldnt be paying him. Manning deserves every penny.

Does anyone know how to delete a post? The system made a duplicate of my above post and when I went in to delete it, couldn't find that option. :(

dont think u can, i mentioned it a few times nor change a post title via edit

I thought Haynesworth wanted to get OUT of the 3-4...

.article notes

The Patriots, though, run plenty of multiple fronts, and Haynesworth lends needed help along their defensive line for a reduced price. The former Pro Bowl player is scheduled to make $5 million this season

so maybe used selectivelly ?? & BB has worked with other head cases and turned then around so who knows

? doesnt it seem all teams are getting stronger and we are standing still ?

My link

Belichick has been known to take players with attitude problems and make them stars. Lets just hope that...that does not work at all and Haynesworth causes horrible chemistry in the Pats D and makes them the worst D in the NFL :whacky:

lol

Belichick has been known to take players with attitude problems and make them stars. Lets just hope that...that does not work at all and Haynesworth causes horrible chemistry in the Pats D and makes them the worst D in the NFL :whacky:

lol

I think thats what everyone outside of New England is hoping for, but it will never get to that point. Theyll cut him before he 'cripples' any chemistry in that locker room.

This move makes me sick to my stomach - what an absolutely bold and brilliant move by the Patriots. The fact they got him for a 5th (in 2013!!!) and only $5 million a year makes me wonder if there's some sort of pro-Patriots conspiracy and makes me wonder why he isn't in a Colts uniform.

People need to discard this notion that the Patriots only play in a 3-4 front, BB has shown flexibility in adjusting his fronts to fit the personnel he has on the roster such as in 2009 when they played primarily 4-3 as the base D. If there's a coach who knows how to get the best out of his players it's BB - Haynesworth is the next Corey Dillon / Randy Moss ...I'm absolutely sick to my stomach

Even without an edge rusher, the Patriots potentially have one of the most devastating interior pass-rushes out of a 4-3 set and that spells doom for pure pocket passers

as a Pats fan I have guarded optimism on this deal. i'd love to see him be the player he was with the Titans. if its works out that way I think the Pats D will be one of the better D's around. him and wilfork on the line is a lot to move.

on the other hand what he did in Wash was disgusting. gave up on his team. he literally laid down out there. as a fan that bothered me. all i can assume is BB spoke with him and was assured his issues are worked out. i know he said he hated the 3-4 but i think it was because wash used him as a nose guard. he'd be on an end here.

if it doesnt work out, he gets cut. i honestly think it has about a 25% chance of working out

guarded optimism here as a pats fan. i'd love to see him be the player he was in Tenn. i was disgusted at what he was in Wash. i'd like to think BB has talked to him directly to see where his mind is. i say it's a 25% chance of workng out. if not he gets cut

he said he hates the 3-4 but i think Wash had him on the nose. he'd be an end here

guarded optimism here as a pats fan. i'd love to see him be the player he was in Tenn. i was disgusted at what he was in Wash. i'd like to think BB has talked to him directly to see where his mind is. i say it's a 25% chance of workng out. if not he gets cut

he said he hates the 3-4 but i think Wash had him on the nose. he'd be an end here

They tried to use him as a DE in a 3-4 too after he wouldn't play nose ...I disagree he'd play DE in NE ...it's wrong to generalize that NE uses purely a 3-4 front as BB has a proven record of putting his players in the best position to succeed and changing fronts depending on the situation.

In 2009 they ran a 4-3 base to suit the personnel on the roster and they'll probably switch to a 4-3 on certain situations and bring Haynesworth in on those where he can wreck havoc as a 3-technique DT.

Using him as a DE and asking him to eat up space and seal the edge is a waste of his talent and simply repeating the same mistake in Washington

They tried to use him as a DE in a 3-4 too after he wouldn't play nose ...I disagree he'd play DE in NE ...it's wrong to generalize that NE uses purely a 3-4 front as BB has a proven record of putting his players in the best position to succeed and changing fronts depending on the situation.

In 2009 they ran a 4-3 base to suit the personnel on the roster and they'll probably switch to a 4-3 on certain situations and bring Haynesworth in on those where he can wreck havoc as a 3-technique DT.

Using him as a DE and asking him to eat up space and seal the edge is a waste of his talent and simply repeating the same mistake in Washington

I agree the Pats will go to a 4-3 quite often. BB is the first to tell media this who say they are a 3-4 team. Hadnt given it much thought but i wouldnt be surprised to see thm become a 4-3 team primarily this year. they just released one their 3 OLBs, Banta-Cain. Haynesworth is not going to be a situational player at $5mm per.

I hope he sucks and disrupts the whole team. The defense falls to shambles. Then Tom Brady will cry himself to sleep at night. Bill Bell retires from the embarrasment. And the Pats will have a losing season this year. :FBshocked:

I respect, but I also hate.

Wow! Just now heard this on NFLN. Can't believe that BB would want him. He's made it clear he doesn't like the 3-4. Even given BB's ability to work with difficult players, I can't see Haynesworthless making the effort.

Heh..as usual I get patriot news here first:)

I was mildy shocked...mildly as nothing BB does surprises me. Bb is about playing and the heck with a players past but he has to play or be gone.

While NE does run the 3-4 if often goes into a 4-3 so I expect Haynes to be a partime player.

Does anyone know how to delete a post? The system made a duplicate of my above post and when I went in to delete it, couldn't find that option. :(

I don't think you can but mods can. I as the others often automatically delete duplicates. Looks like someone already did...

Nice to see ya back!!! woot!

Let's get the laundry list out of the way:

- Haynesworth going for cheap, check.

- Haynesworth will magically play to his full potential, check.

- Haynesworth going to a team that is as much of a villain as he is, check.

Yup, I'd say the Pats scored a real winner.

Absolutely worth the gamble, IMO. If it doesn't work, they cut him and lose a 5th round pick two years from now. (And by that point, BB will probably have stockpiled about six 5th round picks, lol!)

If he does work out, this will only be another one of those "Belichick is a genius" situations.

Look for the Pats to mix it up bigtime, both in terms of what defenses they're playing as well as who's playing where. Wilfork can play end, and I think you're going to see a lot of four-man fronts. I'd love to see Mayo freed up to rush the passer more too.

Let's get the laundry list out of the way:

- Haynesworth going for cheap, check.

- Haynesworth will magically play to his full potential, check.

- Haynesworth going to a team that is as much of a villain as he is, check.

Yup, I'd say the Pats scored a real winner.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I think thats what everyone outside of New England is hoping for, but it will never get to that point. Theyll cut him before he 'cripples' any chemistry in that locker room.

Not everyone D13. :cute: I have a lot of respect for BB and the Pats and consider them a worthy rival. I don't want to see BleepsWorth screw over the team nor do I feel he deserves to be on as good a team as the Patriots.

I know I'm ranting but in the past 2+ years he's screwed over the "Skins, took their 41M and now he gets to play on one of the best teams in the league. There are guys who are trying their hardest to just get an opportunity to play in the NFL and all he's basically done since his contract year is take a :nonsense: on the NFL. "/R"

Double post :( so I erased my message and posted this one. Every time I post a message it says there's some sort of error. If I choose the go back to the board link it doubles my post.

Yes there is that error it seems right now. I hit the button that say click here to refresh and don't get a double post.

NM Colt you are absolutely right, I bet He has a CAREER year this year and then someone will OVERPAY again for his services and he will go back to himself lol..

He's probably too much of a dim :light: to realize that no one in the league will ever forget how he shafted the 'Skins, but I hope that while he's trying for that next biiiiiiiiiiiig contract, he beats the :nonsense: out of the J :spew: ts every time you play them. lol