Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clint Session cut - Jags interested (signed with Jaguars) - ESPN, already got Bills LB Posluszny

bayone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now with the new CBA do we get a draft pick being that we tendered Session? I think it was a 3rd rounder. IF so, great deal for us. Although I liked his style of play, Connor had essentially taken his spot. Clint has a nice upside but if you remember the first part of the season last year he looked awful. Once I saw what the Jags were offering him I knew he was gone. It would have been crazy to match that offer.

Cliint Session IMO was our best linebacker last season. Injure or not, he was always around the ball, and a sure tackler. Kavell Conner is going to be his replacement. Knew this last season when Polian was "excited" about him coming in and filling in for Session. Kavell is a hitter and thats what we need so I'm fine with it as long as it works out in the long run. For the longest we've question some of Polian's thinking. I hope we get the guys we need for the 53 man roster so we can play at home in the Super Bowl!

If the Jaguars started a lineup with Daryl Smith and Session flanking Posluszny, they’d likely have the best linebacking corps in the division, although Houston would want to argue it.

I’m guessing a one-time NFL linebacker named Jack Del Rio is liking the sound of that

My link

First of all, we didn't trade Session. We don't need the guy to win, he's never gone to a Pro Bowl, and has really never stood out. He was a competent starter at best, he is not a difference maker when talking about winning the SB or not. He was signed for 5y / 30M which is hilarious b/c the Jags sort of got screwed over, because the guy is only worth 2M of the cap space. I really don't care that he left, and we CAN still win a SB without him.

This is yet one more bit of proof the Colt front office is doing some fantastic offseason work. I'm very much in support of the new direction. Session was one of the guys the team correct in tendering, which basically said "you're welcome back at a reasonable price". Turns out Session was not, and at the rate JAX is paying him I'm glad he's not a Colt. It's great to have a division foe overpaying him.

First of all, we didn't trade Session. We don't need the guy to win, he's never gone to a Pro Bowl, and has really never stood out. He was a competent starter at best, he is not a difference maker when talking about winning the SB or not. He was signed for 5y / 30M which is hilarious b/c the Jags sort of got screwed over, because the guy is only worth 2M of the cap space. I really don't care that he left, and we CAN still win a SB without him.

You have not watched the Colts the last few years then. Clint IMO is not worth what Jax paid, but he IS a playmaker. And his injury last season really hurt Indy.

Jax overpaid, but it would have been wonderful to have been able to keep Clint. He was one of better OLBers Indy has seen.

I agree we need to shore up our defense. But at what cost? mediocre offense? They say defense wins Super Bowls, but not if u have Peyton throwing to guys who can't catch. Or running backs that cant block or run. We got by last year with rookies and replacements. Give it a chance some of the best players were undrafted guys and we have had pretty good luck there

That was also when Peyton had his crazy INT stretch, chances are that won't happen again, so we will be fine without Session

Clint was a good UDFA. Certainly not worth that kind of cash though. I'm happy for the guy. He seemed like a cool cat and I wish him the best. What a sweet payday for a guy that could easily have never played in this league.

What's up with the avatars? You sellin' franchises, ruksak?

On compensation for Session....did all of the old rules on that carry-over in the new CBA? That's one area I didn't read on. With the new draftee salary schedule this looks like a great opportunity for us to pick up another player in April, 2012, most particulary under the 5M salary light. Could be a 10x fold return looking at our 4th round success rate.

What's up with the avatars? You sellin' franchises, ruksak?

Hey man, don't be hatin on the Pepe fan club. It makes you look jealous.

On compensation for Session....did all of the old rules on that carry-over in the new CBA? That's one area I didn't read on. With the new draftee salary schedule this looks like a great opportunity for us to pick up another player in April, 2012, most particulary under the 5M salary light. Could be a 10x fold return looking at our 4th round success rate.

Honestly, that stuff is for the lawyers. It just makes my head hurt to delve to deep into the numbers.