Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clint Session cut - Jags interested (signed with Jaguars) - ESPN, already got Bills LB Posluszny

bayone

see 2nd article on Posluszny at bottom

Is Indianapolis about to endure another chapter of losing a quality linebacker to a rival?

Tania Ganguli reports that the Jaguars are in serious talks with Clint Session.

Session is an explosive player the Colts missed last season after a serious elbow injury knocked him out of the lineup. He likely has not played his best football yet.

The Jaguars already have struck a deal with Buffalo free-agent middle linebacker Paul Posluszny.

Session would be in line to replace Jacksonville free agent Justin Durant.

If the Jaguars started a lineup with Daryl Smith and Session flanking Posluszny, they’d likely have the best linebacking corps in the division, although Houston would want to argue it.

I’m guessing a one-time NFL linebacker named Jack Del Rio is liking the sound of that.

My link

Posluszny already makes Jags a more dynamic Defense

My link

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like all the teams in the AFC South are VERY serous about competing for the division title. I still think we'll take the division, but the other teams won't go down without a fight. We have got to get our defensive positions solidified, mainly DT because if we can't stop the run in hands down the most dangerous rushing division in the NFL, we will be in a heap of trouble. CJ2K, MJD, and AF are looking to make our D look bad, but we gotta make some moves to show them that Indy is still the king of the South(even though we're technically in the North, lol).

Well, it looks like all the teams in the AFC South are VERY serous about competing for the division title. I still think we'll take the division, but the other teams won't go down without a fight. We have got to get our defensive positions solidified, mainly DT because if we can't stop the run in hands down the most dangerous rushing division in the NFL, we will be in a heap of trouble. CJ2K, MJD, and AF are looking to make our D look bad, but we gotta make some moves to show them that Indy is still the king of the South(even though we're technically in the North, lol).

I agree, but we are waiting i guess for Peyton to sign and meanwhile good ones are being scooped up

Yeah, and that's really annoying me. Didn't we offer him something like 25mil a season and he hasn't accepted it yet? I have no idea why he wouldn't. It's only keeping us from signing FAs and you would think Peyton would want the team to be overall better so he can go for another title.

hands down the most dangerous rushing division in the NFL, we will be in a heap of trouble. CJ2K, MJD, and AF are looking to make our D look bad,

I often wonder is the glass half empty or full....is it that the 3 RBs are some of the best in the NFL or they all get 2 games a year against the horrible Colts run defense. Of course they are good, but would the be as good in the AFC North or East?

I often wonder is the glass half empty or full....is it that the 3 RBs are some of the best in the NFL or they all get 2 games a year against the horrible Colts run defense. Of course they are good, but would the be as good in the AFC North or East?

Considering how well they play against other teams, I say absolutely. When Chris Johnson broke 2000 yards he had his worst outing against us, where he only recorded 34 yards rushing. Yes, last year Arian Foster destroyed us, but lets face it, he tore through everybody. In his second game against us last year, MJD rushed for 46 yards. Sure, our run stopping is pretty pathetic, but the guys in our division aren't only good because of that. Give credit to where credit is due.

I figured the Colts would continue their streak of not signing linebackers that are not named Brackett.

We will probably let Session walk to the Jags and it will be Conner, Brackett, and Angerer with absolutely no depth.

yea your prob right, i like sessions alot but most likely hes gone, i also dont see us resigning Antonio Johnson or Muir, i anticipate us signing a DT in FA

I figured the Colts would continue their streak of not signing linebackers that are not named Brackett.

We will probably let Session walk to the Jags and it will be Conner, Brackett, and Angerer with absolutely no depth.

I'm hoping we keep Session, but if we don't...Phil Wheeler is back!!! w00t!

Yeah, and that's really annoying me. Didn't we offer him something like 25mil a season and he hasn't accepted it yet? I have no idea why he wouldn't. It's only keeping us from signing FAs and you would think Peyton would want the team to be overall better so he can go for another title.

Its not just the amount, its the way its all structured so can take less cap hit, something about giving it as huge bonus and prorating that bonus out over many years

Dont blame him blame the whole Colts organization that treat LB as a revolving Door

would u rather them get rid of our DE, WR, QB, TE, OL (maybe some) i mean u cant keep everybody n im w the colts on this 1..LBs can b a dime a dozen and the way we use them they are just plugs to help fill holes..we dont really need sessions..he will be better for the jags than he was w us..i like the idea of brackett and angerer roaming the field

(i copied the whole article off of stampede blue)

Clint Session is as good as gone from the Colts roster in 2011. While he was a solid contributor for the Colts as a back-up and, eventually, starting WILL backer, the reality is the Colts cycle through WILL backers the way Charlie Sheen cycles through hookers and mountains of cocaine.

The WILL backer spot is simply not valued by the Colts front office (see David Thornton, Cato June, Freddy Keiaho, etc.), and with the emergence of Kavell Conner last year, the writing was on the wall for Session.

Clint might find a happy home with a division rival. According to multiple sources, including SB Nation's own Big Cat Country, the Jacksonville Jaguars are close to signing the former-5th round pick out of Pitt. Jacksonville is also negotiating with CB Chris Carr, S Dawan Landry, and have already inked linebacker Justin Durant Paul Posluszny.

Add Session to that mix, and the Jags have a nice defense going. Meanwhile, we have Kelvin Hayden and his $9 million dollar cap hit. Yay.

Other news to pass along is the St. Louis Rams are sniffing around Daniel Muir. They are also looking into getting Brandon Mebane and Darren Sproles.

this is bad news.....

As long as Del Rio is the Jags coach they have no shot

Yep, pretty much.

We could pretend to be surprised that the Jags are taking our players, but we're really not.

Session is replaceable. We just don't want to replace him. Truth is, Conner showed enough promise last season that we can afford to let Clint walk and not suffer a ton for it.

As for Muir, take him if you think he's that valuable...

Don't really care about Muir leaving, and about Session, I would rather he stay, but I wouldn't really care if he left also. Plus he and Freddie Keiaho can rekindle their friendship! All jokes aside, we have Brackett in the middle, Angerer on the left, and then a dogfight for rightside between Conner, Hagler, and Wheeler.

so i took a look @ whos available in free agency and i think the 2 top cheap talents to be had would be: antwan barnes and manny lawson. both are young guys..so you could sign em to a longer deal which would ease the cap burden..both have speed..barnes has strenght..both have overproduced for the amount of playing time they get..annndddd both have been under the tutaledge of the 2 best LBs, period, in the NFL! i say bring em both in and let caldwell sort out the rest!

Sign a guy in free agency, but that's not likely. We have three competant starters (Hagler, Conner, and Wheeler) ... for now, who can take the starting job for that position. There shouldnt be that one starter, they should always be in a rotation. We can also sign some UDFAs. There are many things we can do.

Sign a guy in free agency, but that's not likely. We have three competant starters (Hagler, Conner, and Wheeler) ... for now, who can take the starting job for that position. There shouldnt be that one starter, they should always be in a rotation. We can also sign some UDFAs. There are many things we can do.

i dont know how u can say wheeler is a competant starter..he looks really out of place and if i have to watch him miss another tackle im gonna buy his jersey and burn it..i was so hyped when we drafted him 2 but its been a rocky fall for that guy..and with hagler and conner im just not seeing it..seems like a lot of teams are doing good things out there and itd b easy and cheap for us to snag a guy or 2 in free agency..it just looks like there are a lot of negative posts this year and were the MFN colts..we should not be negative about this team but i think we all know that weve got 2 beef up this team in some areas to be truely competitive with many of the elite teams

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110728/SPORTS03/110728035/Reports-Colts-free-agent-LB-Clint-Session-signs-Jaguars?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Wow Jags way overpaid for Clint! I was expecting 4 years maybe 20 max. The guy was a backup or injured atleast 60% of the time with the colts. I will miss the beard tho... dayum you Jags

I know. I died a little inside when i heard the news. Why is it that our division rivals always take our leftovers. Oh well, Kavell Conner time now :)

I know. I died a little inside when i heard the news. Why is it that our division rivals always take our leftovers. Oh well, Kavell Conner time now :)

Honestly I think its a few things. BTW ~> They = Titans, Jags and Texans ;)

1. They think the player has a chip on their shoulder since their main division rival let them go.

2. The player may have some inside knowledge of our offense and/or defense.

3. They figure it takes away a decent player from us and COULD end up working for them. Although in Clints case I just dont get it. They just signed 4 LB's so someone isnt going to start.

I dont blame the colts on letting him go at that price. The market is way to high for the Colts to even start to look.

If we go after a guy in the free agency, it should be Mike Peterson. He's played with the Colts b4, and is a good outside linebacker, great tackler. Pretty fast also, perfect fit. I've been saying it for the last couple of months.

We are not going to go after anybody to replace Session.

Either Angerer will slide over or Conner will step in and take Session's spot. That is how we do things at LB. We just take the next man up approach with that position. The only LB Polian has ever valued is Gary.

They might sign someone for depth, but it will probably be an UDFA or 2-3 year vet that is cheap.