Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't Be Surprised To See Lacey Start

John Waylon

Yeah, I know it's not what you want to hear heading into a game against Drew Brees, but I'm betting Lacey starts Sunday night. I think his Bengals benching was a combination of our backs being against the wall and having to do something, and trying to light a fire in him to become the starting CB we've tried to make him.

I would actually be legitimately surprised if he doesn't start Sunday night.

Which means if you have a Saints WR in FF, START THEM. They may not score a single point for you, but the upside to them is the sky literally is the limit. ^_^

Yeah, I know it's not what you want to hear heading into a game against Drew Brees, but I'm betting Lacey starts Sunday night. I think his Bengals benching was a combination of our backs being against the wall and having to do something, and trying to light a fire in him to become the starting CB we've tried to make him.

Which means if you have a Saints WR in FF, START THEM. They may not score a single point for you, but the upside to them is the sky literally is the limit. ^_^

I'd like to argue with you but I cant..

We've always had every conservative coaching back through Dungy

WE stay loyal to our players even when they're captaining the titanic....

Lacey probably does start Sunday..bringing a smile to Brees' face..

That is the reason Mike McCarthy abandoned his 4-3 (not a mandate on all 4-3 Ds, just making it clear :)) that was coached by Bob Sanders (the coach named Bob Sanders ")). He did not feel he was getting enough pass rush just rushing the front four and moved to the 3-4. A coaching change on the defensive side is inevitable, if not a scheme change. An average secondary can be made to look good with a great pass rush.

Our pass rush becomes manageable when double teams are on Frathis and the guys in the middle cannot beat one-on-ones. Our two best interior pass rushers from the DT position - Eric Foster and now Drake Nevis, IMO, are either on IR or banged up. Moala better step up his game big time and hopefully Nevis comes back and plays in the Saints game.

Edited by chad72

Don't be suprised to see me barf all over my TV!!