Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geeez Atlanta

Synthetic

His team let him down. I wonder what sort of shake-up may occur this off-season? We know TG won't be back, but certainly many others won't be either.

Odds are a complete rebuild is on the table. I don't think you can put this on injuries alone. They have a fairly young core group of players... and that will help.

Atlanta overachieved last year. This year they are just putrid... Time for a new coach and a rebuild there. I used to work in ATL, feel bad for the fans, a lot of devotion but they only ever seem to manage fleeting success.

I said the same thing all last year week after week and people always wanted to argue it.

they are not injured who are the missing?

roddy? julio? who else steven jackson is pretty terrible now so he doesnt count.

Julio is about as big a loss to them as Reggie is to us. Roddy has also been banged up all year so he's a bit slower than normal. The trouble is amplified because Atlanta has no depth on their roster.

When good teams start losing a lot, the confidence is just gone. Playing against even horrid teams sometimes won't be enough to will them to wins. The Falcons may not have had it next year but I don't think they were overrated at all. They came very close to getting to the SB last year, which is an incredible feat in itself.

Injuries or not, we all knew this was going to happen. They weren't that good to begin with last year. Lucky, lucky team.

Of course I am a meanie head so I enjoy picking on them.

No, you're not a mean guy Bogie my friend. You just know that Sean Peyton, Rob Ryan, & Drew Brees will kick their caboose anytime New Orleans faces them.  :thmup:  Matt Ryan, Osi Umenyiora, & Asante Samuel are the only 3 players I respect/fear on that squad. 

PS Rob Ryan's defense crushing the Dallas Cowboys last week was a spectacular work of art.  :worthy: Then again, SW1 always gets giddy when Jerry Jones football team underperforms & depresses him. I love it!  :P

I've lived in the Atlanta area for almost 2 yrs, and people here have had enough. They were a contender before this season, and people are fed up.

I do feel bad for that fanbase. Nice people; Great city. But, then I think of Jacksonville & Buffalo & I say to myself Atlanta fans really have nothing to be irate about for the longhaul really. 

When good teams start losing a lot, the confidence is just gone. Playing against even horrid teams sometimes won't be enough to will them to wins. The Falcons may not have had it next year but I don't think they were overrated at all. They came very close to getting to the SB last year, which is an incredible feat in itself.

The Falcons do have talent & I don't think an entire reboot is necessary. It's not like the Pittsburgh Steelers who need to get younger & faster on defense as well as the offensive line. Because Atlanta won their 1st Playoff game last year under the Smith era, I also believe the HC is safe for another year. Atlanta was crippled by injuries on offense this year. They should bounce back nicely even without their HOF TE Tony Gonzalez next season. 

I would take Julio in a heartbeat. He's a beast. He's just not on a good team.

On a side note, Harry Douglas is very good also, and would love to have him. Falcons have some talent, they just can't get their poop together.

San Diego is 1st on that manure list IMHO. Rivers, Gates, Matthews, & Woodhead & they are 4-6...Are you bleeping kidding me?! SW1 is simply dumbfounded & at a loss for words.

Talented athletes who fall flat on their face always floors me & the Chargers are dripping with gifted players & a competent coaching staff. Strange very strange indeed if you ask me...

San Diego is 1st on that manure list IMHO. Rivers, Gates, Matthews, & Woodhead & they are 4-6...Are you bleeping kidding me?! SW1 is simply dumbfounded & at a loss for words.

Talented athletes who fall flat on their face always floors me & the Chargers are dripping with gifted players & a competent coaching staff. Strange very strange indeed if you ask me...

You need to put down the alcohol. I never once mentioned san diego. Either that, or you responded to the wrong person. Look at what I wrote that you responded to, and re-think your response. Thank you. I was talking about the falcons, not the chargers.

why would you hope the panthers win the south

The Question is why wouldn't I? Anybody other than the Aint's... Their my most disliked (Hated) team on the planet.. And can't stand the dirty city of New Orleans...... Personal reasons that I can't ever say anything here. I cannot wish them the best of anything....

And I live and work in N.O. Can't say anything else about it.... GO PANTHERS!!!!  Although they are playing

Tom one of the Best ever...