Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Reed Released by Texans

lollygagger8

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. I feel the same way today. At least you have your team playing tomorrow night. What do you expect? I think the Colts bounce back and win by double digits.

Fitzpatrick will look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and whoever Cassius vaughn is covering is guaranteed to get close to 100 yards (assuming Davis isn't getting torched like he has the past 2 weeks). Like usual against us Johnson won't get anything going so they'll be 1 dimensional the majority of the game.

Inevitably we'll go down by double digits which forces Pep to abandon our nonexistent run game and have Luck win it for us in he 4th quarter per usual.

Hopefully we get to see a lot of Da'Rick Rogers as im excited to see what he offers us in the passig hame.

Romo was passed over too.

I find it shocking that this Case was not drafted and Geno Smith was in the 2nd round.

I'm not saying the scouts have to be right. I just was pointing out that they saw plenty of Keenum and for them to miss on his arm strength would be a bit unlikely. As he as a bunch of great attributes , size alone wouldn't cause him to be undrafted. Brees was taken at pick one or two of round two. Wilson is shorter than Case and was selected in the 3rd. There is no doubt that the guys that should know what kind of arm he has , thought it was not NFL caliber. Gosh... doesn't that make any sense ? The guy broke every Div 1 QB record and goes undrafted ? Think about it, you don't even know if he would have been taken in the next 50 players.. 100 players ..

Arm strength is not throwing a ball 55 yards like the film posted exhibited. It's throwing a tight spiral through a wind or a 15 yard out in a tight window. This guy can't do those things. Does that mean he's destined for failure ? No but a knowledgable football fan might think it's going to be tough for him. Not only is he not tall enough to see the whole field from the pocket , but he can't take a slide step like Brees and zip a ball into a small window. 

Like you say Romo was undrafted and he's a good one. So was Kurt Warner and maybe Case Keenum will also be a good QB.

Your joking? Records are based on the team and Houston is a mess this year. Try comparing their stats and QBR.

Gosh am... one guy is a 2nd year man and the other is a rookie that started from day 1. Plus Keenum has a way way way better O line , running game and Andre Johnson. I don't even know who would be the Jets' #1 WR. Huge difference and you know better than to post garbage like that . You can slide that by guys like Vance but really.....

I'm not saying the scouts have to be right. I just was pointing out that they saw plenty of Keenum and for them to miss on his arm strength would be a bit unlikely. As he as a bunch of great attributes , size alone wouldn't cause him to be undrafted. Brees was taken at pick one or two of round two. Wilson is shorter than Case and was selected in the 3rd. There is no doubt that the guys that should know what kind of arm he has , thought it was not NFL caliber. Gosh... doesn't that make any sense ? The guy broke every Div 1 QB record and goes undrafted ? Think about it, you don't even know if he would have been taken in the next 50 players.. 100 players ..

Arm strength is not throwing a ball 55 yards like the film posted exhibited. It's throwing a tight spiral through a wind or a 15 yard out in a tight window. This guy can't do those things. Does that mean he's destined for failure ? No but a knowledgable football fan might think it's going to be tough for him. Not only is he not tall enough to see the whole field from the pocket , but he can't take a slide step like Brees and zip a ball into a small window. 

Like you say Romo was undrafted and he's a good one. So was Kurt Warner and maybe Case Keenum will also be a good QB.

Good points. From what I have seen, he is more mobile then Brees and can avoid the rush better. His arm strength seems fine from the eye test. Have no idea what he measures at but his throws short and long looked very good.

It is an interesting comparison with Brees who has to crank his neck to be able to see over his line. I think he throws as many picks as he does because his vision is not great. Plus, he is a bit of a gunslinger at heart.

In terms of Case, I think what has impressed me most is there is no fear in his eyes whatsoever. He seems to have the ear of his team as well which is not easy for a young guy to do in just a handful of starts. And he has looked impressive without Foster back there. For sure the Texans have to feel good about him and have the chance to see him the rest of the season given they are not going anywhere.

Gosh am... one guy is a 2nd year man and the other is a rookie that started from day 1. Plus Keenum has a way way way better O line , running game and Andre Johnson. I don't even know who would be the Jets' #1 WR. Huge difference and you know better than to post garbage like that . You can slide that by guys like Vance but really.....

Just going by the naked eye not anything else. Smith does look like a rookie and a bit of a head case coming out. Case seems like more of a leader with better tools.

Jets have a stout run game BTW and a very good D. Two best friends of a rookie QB.

His 5th throw of the season vs KC was made from the pocket into a pretty tight and closing window

I find d it hard to believe that some random blog is the only site on the Internet that records velocity of throws measured at the combine which makes me doubt they even do record it.

Yeah you're right, it was all a big setup to fool everyone into thinking that Keenum has a better arm than he really does.

That's gotta be it.

His 5th throw of the season vs KC was made from the pocket into a pretty tight and closing window

I just don't see those kind of throws from him . In any event , he's going to get a chance and a great one at that. It's just my opinion that teams will shut off most of that roll out stuff and eventually he'll be forced to play more from the pocket. Let's revisit this a year from now and see who was right.

I just don't see those kind of throws from him . In any event , he's going to get a chance and a great one at that. It's just my opinion that teams will shut off most of that roll out stuff and eventually he'll be forced to play more from the pocket. Let's revisit this a year from now and see who was right.

That roll out stuff has been a staple of our offense since Kubiak got here though, it's not like the PA or bootleg were made specifically for Case Keenum. That's our MO.

That roll out stuff has been a staple of our offense since Kubiak got here though, it's not like the PA or bootleg were made specifically for Case Keenum. That's our MO.

It looked to me that he was at his best when doing this as he's nifty and is good at keeping plays alive. But I've also read that Keenum , although he lacks some measurables , is a good fit in Kubiak's offense. So what you say makes sense. Anyway , I'm rooting for him to make it as he's a good story and nice kid.

Fitzpatrick will look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and whoever Cassius vaughn is covering is guaranteed to get close to 100 yards (assuming Davis isn't getting torched like he has the past 2 weeks). Like usual against us Johnson won't get anything going so they'll be 1 dimensional the majority of the game.

Inevitably we'll go down by double digits which forces Pep to abandon our nonexistent run game and have Luck win it for us in he 4th quarter per usual.

Hopefully we get to see a lot of Da'Rick Rogers as im excited to see what he offers us in the passig hame.

You were pretty much spot on with this assessment. Except you forgot that the Titans would self-implode to hand the game to the Colts.