Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

slight overreaction offseason

Resign: Davis, Bethea, Bradshaw, Patty Mac

Sign:

Jared Veldheer or Eugene Monroe (move AC to RG)

Eric Wood or Alex Mack

Brandon Spikes, Rolando Mcclain, Joe Mays or Perry Riley

Arthur Jones

Sam Shields

Draft:

2nd: if we in any way can Bradley Roby

3rd: Allen Robinson

5: Sean Parker

6: Tyler Larsen

7: Corneilus Lucas

Trade target: 4th and 7th in next years draft for Stephen Hill

Sign:

Eric Wood or Alex Mack

Arthur Jones

Sam Shields

Draft:

Im curious why you want to sign Shields as well as draft Roby? I'm certainly supportive of getting one or the other but getting both seems somewhat unnecessary. In the 2nd I would rather draft another OLB; one of: Khalil Mack, Vic Beasley or Kyle Van Noy. If they are all gone then I would wait until the later rounds and draft Demarcus Lawrence. I also would rather bring back Donald Brown rather than Bradshaw. I would love to get Alex Mack and I would leave Castonzo at LT and grab more interior line help. Signing Arthur Jones and possibly Doug Baldwin would be great.

2nd-Vic Beasley

3rd-Ty Montgomery

Rest of the picks-bpa or trade for higher picks

There are only two priorities: FIX FIX FIX the * Offensive Line! And get some WR that can catch the Ball! 

Retaining and/or improving the secondary seems rather important...as is getting an ILB to play alongside Freeman. Its rather annoying to see Angerer get dragged for a couple yards. Get an ILB like McClain that will lay the wood.

Sign:

Eric Wood or Alex Mack

Arthur Jones

Sam Shields

Draft:

I honestly hope we go after either C Eric Wood or C Alex Mack. We need a good OC badly. Then we need to bring in another talent at OG since Thomas is coming off of a big injury. I think our OTs are fine its just our interior that is horrendous.

I LOVE the pick of WR Allen Robinson in the 3rd round of the draft. 2nd round we should go pass rush either at OLB or DE.

I looked back through the potential free agents. I wouldn't mind getting Jon Asamoah in addition to Alex Mack. It might cost significant money but I feel like it would be worth it. As amazing as it is to watch, I'm tired of Luck having to shake off two defenders just to make a pass. Its really annoying seeing six people hit Richardson before he can even get back to the line of scrimmage. Invest in the line and watch the offense take off. Also I've seen a lot of ideas on what to do about corner so I figured I would go ahead and throw out another idea; what about trading for Lardarius Webb? He has experience playing for Pagano and the Ravens invested a 1st in Jimmy Smith a few years ago. With Flacco's contract they may want to trade someone to open a little cap room, just a thought.

Because this forum loves any big wide receiver with good measurables......whether he can play or not.

They certainly haven't loved DHB recently. A good deal, if not all of us, realize there is a need for an additional receiver and want a bigger guy to fill the void because of the potential possibilities. Its why people are yelling to give Da'Rick Rogers a chance.

They certainly haven't loved DHB recently. A good deal, if not all of us, realize there is a need for an additional receiver and want a bigger guy to fill the void because of the potential possibilities. Its why people are yelling to give Da'Rick Rogers a chance.

Because it's become obvious DHB can't play at a high level. And Rodgers is another example....undrafted guy who got cut by the uber talented Bills. Tommy Streeter is another guy people wanted to draft a couple years ago.

Yes, everybody wants a big fast receiver, but it would be nice if we had proof he could actually play.

Because it's become obvious DHB can't play at a high level. And Rodgers is another example....undrafted guy who got cut by the uber talented Bills. Tommy Streeter is another guy people wanted to draft a couple years ago.

Yes, everybody wants a big fast receiver, but it would be nice if we had proof he could actually play.

That's why I suggested Allen Robinson from PSU. He is a big WR but he is a beast, even when interfered with, he can make great catches ( watch the UCF game).

Here is a link below for him ( you probably know it but it has tape on most players in this draft etc)

http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=allen+robinson

I'm aware. Everyone wants a player like Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall etc. After they drafted Luck I thought they were going to pick Alshon Jeffery and I was ready to do backflips but they grabbed Fleener instead. I hope Fleener finally steps up and becomes a beast but it doesn't mean I don't watch Jeffery play and wish we somehow had grabbed him. I now see that Pep wants to get and use a high octane running game and two TE sets but I really hope they grab Ty Montgomery this year in the draft. He's someone that has an ideal build but is still learning the nuances of the position. He could be really good and given that he plays at Stanford he comes from a run-first system.

Good hands & Route Running > measurables

That's what this whole DHB incident has taught me.

Can he run good routes and can he catch should be the main question we should ask about a receiver.  Now if he's a fast guy on top of being able to run good routes and catch then that is great.  

I'm aware. Everyone wants a player like Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall etc. After they drafted Luck I thought they were going to pick Alshon Jeffery and I was ready to do backflips but they grabbed Fleener instead. I hope Fleener finally steps up and becomes a beast but it doesn't mean I don't watch Jeffery play and wish we somehow had grabbed him. I now see that Pep wants to get and use a high octane running game and two TE sets but I really hope they grab Ty Montgomery this year in the draft. He's someone that has an ideal build but is still learning the nuances of the position. He could be really good and given that he plays at Stanford he comes from a run-first system.

That's why I want in this draft Allen Robinson, or in the next draft TY Montgomery or Dorial Green Beckham as I feel they can be similar to those you mentioned above ( guys who are as threatening in the red zone as they are 90 yards from the end zone etc)

That's why I want in this draft Allen Robinson, or in the next draft TY Montgomery or Dorial Green Beckham as I feel they can be similar to those you mentioned above ( guys who are as threatening in the red zone as they are 90 yards from the end zone etc)

I really hope that Montgomery declares this year because if he waits until next year he could be a first rounder. Green-Beckham worries me a little because of his height. Its one thing to have a big target but i'm worried what will happen when he takes a bunch of hits to his legs and lower body. Montgomery and Sammy Watkins are my two favorite receivers in CFB and I really hope Montgomery is wearing a horseshoe on his helmet soon.