Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent's Breakout?

Bluefire4

The problem I have with this is that I told people when we traded for Richardson that it wouldn't make a difference because we needed to upgrade our O-line first before any RB was going to make any kind of an impact. In turn, people threw a fit saying Richardson was a beast and a superstar RB and would make an immediate impact. Now many of those very same people are blaming the O-line for Richardson's failure's and saying he don't have a chance behind our o-line. So which is it? people can't have it both ways, what happened to him being such a beast and creating his own holes and running over people? BTW, Brown only had 2 carries yesterday so saying anything about his performance in that game is ridiculous. Brown has been far better than Richardson so far and there is absolutely no arguing that point.

You out Brown as the primary back he wouldn't do much better without a hole. Maybe some hoped and wished he would go beast mode but it's not happening with that line. I think satele at center is a big start of the problem. There's enough blame for Trent also. There has been plays where he hit the "non existent" hole instead of popping over a gap at two. He needs to run with more aggression and passion. And I just don't think he's comfortable at all. He looks like his head is swimming with the mid season trade and trying to learn a new playbook. And now getting murdered behind the line.

I do agree though that it would have been better served to trade our first for an olinemen!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and we're undefeated when all our starters play. Your point?

And while the joke may be old, it is still very much relevant. Lol

Did I say anything about all of Cleveland's starters? No. I referenced one position- albeit a pretty important one.

What do you suppose the Colts' record would be with Hasselbeck under Center?

You have to be related to Gavin.  There's no other explanation.

Maybe. I'm pretty unique though. Born in Argentina, lived in the lands of Canadia for a few years... 

But why do you say this? I've no idea. I just find that stat hilarious because when I initially wrote it I assumed that Trent had AT LEAST 2x his yardage, but he doesn't. Very frustrating man. 

Maybe. I'm pretty unique though. Born in Argentina, lived in the lands of Canadia for a few years...

But why do you say this? I've no idea. I just find that stat hilarious because when I initially wrote it I assumed that Trent had AT LEAST 2x his yardage, but he doesn't. Very frustrating man.

Think he's only been with us for 6 games also

The problem I have with this is that I told people when we traded for Richardson that it wouldn't make a difference because we needed to upgrade our O-line first before any RB was going to make any kind of an impact. In turn, people threw a fit saying Richardson was a beast and a superstar RB and would make an immediate impact. Now many of those very same people are blaming the O-line for Richardson's failure's and saying he don't have a chance behind our o-line. So which is it? people can't have it both ways, what happened to him being such a beast and creating his own holes and running over people? BTW, Brown only had 2 carries yesterday so saying anything about his performance in that game is ridiculous. Brown has been far better than Richardson so far and there is absolutely no arguing that point.

So, if we had traded our first for an Olinemen and he didn't play well (say like Tony Ugoh), then we would be stuck with a bad line and Donald Brown.  That's worse than what we have now.  Every Colt fan wants Olinemen, but they have to be good or they will leak like a siv just like the ones we have now.     

So, if we had traded our first for an Olinemen and he didn't play well (say like Tony Ugoh), then we would be stuck with a bad line and Donald Brown.  That's worse than what we have now.  Every Colt fan wants Olinemen, but they have to be good or they will leak like a siv just like the ones we have now.     

Were stuck with a bad line now and a useless Richardson because he don't have the ability that people thought he had. He can't create anything on his own and he's not even a good blocker. What I have been saying all along is that the trade should have never happened to begin with. plain and simple fact is that Grigson made his 1st real mistake as our GM and completely panicked when Ballard went down. He should have just signed a street FA or got someone off somebody else's PS. Either of which would have been able to provide every bit as much as Richardson, which is pretty much nothing. 

Were stuck with a bad line now and a useless Richardson because he don't have the ability that people thought he had. He can't create anything on his own and he's not even a good blocker. What I have been saying all along is that the trade should have never happened to begin with. plain and simple fact is that Grigson made his 1st real mistake as our GM and completely panicked when Ballard went down. He should have just signed a street FA or got someone off somebody else's PS. Either of which would have been able to provide every bit as much as Richardson, which is pretty much nothing.

only running back that could produce on this team is barry sanders , the line is horrible cant pass block cant run block , cant block a screen , cant execute at all I seen times we satele or mcgylnn wiffed on a double team where the other guy had the man already

Did I say anything about all of Cleveland's starters? No. I referenced one position- albeit a pretty important one.

What do you suppose the Colts' record would be with Hasselbeck under Center?

So now Hoyer is comparable to Luck? Give me a break. Lol Good luck with that

only running back that could produce on this team is barry sanders , the line is horrible cant pass block cant run block , cant block a screen , cant execute at all I seen times we satele or mcgylnn wiffed on a double team where the other guy had the man already

Satele and McGlynn are the 2 main problems and I can't figure out why the coaching staff does not shake things up and at least try somebody else in those 2 positions. If it were me(and obviously it's not), but I would have our starting line like this....

LT - Castanzo

LG - Reitz

C - McGlynn

RG - Thornton

RT - Cherilous

Surely, this line couldn't be any worse. It makes no sense to not move some guy's around, but come Thursday, Samson(sucksalot)Satele and McStinky will be right back in there sucking again.

Straw man (you've got a thing for logical fallacies, huh?)

I said no such thing. I alluded to the QB position being the most important on a football team, and any team would struggle after losing their best QB.

You're really not very good at this debate thing.

Straw man (you've got a thing for logical fallacies, huh?)

I said no such thing. I alluded to the QB position being the most important on a football team, and any team would struggle after losing their best QB.

You're really not very good at this debate thing.

You don't seem to grasp that i'm not debating you. lol I'm telling you that your franchise is horrible, and that even with winning the trade, you're still horrible. It's just in your nature, and you know it. Coming to a Colts fan forum to troll our fanbase after getting the upper hand in something for the first time in your entire existence still doesn't change the fact that you're losers 

Now back to the dog pound with you 

I wasn't, but since you bring it up, let's take a look.

Are you aware that Indy and Cleveland are 16th and 17th in the league respectively in passing offense?

And that they are neck-and neck in virtually every passing stat?

And that's with Brandon-freaking-Weeden playing the better part of 5 games.

That's right, the golden boy is putting up a very similar season to the combination of Brian Hoyer, Jason Campbell, and Brandon Weeden.

Are you aware that Indy and Cleveland are 16th and 17th in the league respectively in passing offense?

That's right, the golden boy is putting up a very similar season to the combination of Brian Hoyer, Jason Campbell, and Brandon Weeden.

I was depressed over the rams game, but you have cheered me right up.

Seriously bro, when was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Trent will not have a break out year with Satele and McGlynn. Sorry, I just don't see it happening. I think I saw Satele walking around holding into Langfords belt loop. Cause he straight made him his prison .....

Our line wasn't worse last year. Vic Ballard was productive with that line. Probably would have been productive with this line (as was Bradshaw). The problem isn't always the line. It's Trent.

And the battle rages on.......Its the Oline!.......No its Trent!.....We should not have traded a 1st round pick for a RB!......No its Pep!.....No its our water boy!........When in fact its all of the above at different times......and for god sakes somebody fire the freakin waterboy! He sucks! He is spiken the water again! ;)

I realize you're 15 years old, but your comments are even childish and embarrassing for a high schooler.

No response to the actual content of my comments? Didn't think so.

Probably because you're the clown who signed up on an opposing team's message board with full intention to rub in your moral victory over us in getting the better of the trade, only to be reminded that you are still, in fact, a joke of a franchise. You didn't much like that so you had to play the whole pseudo intellectual angle and reach for a few hollow statistics that, in your mind, somehow prove that you're no longer the butt crack of the NFL. Trolls don't get the privilege of demanding for structured debate/discussion, let alone a BROWNS troll..... Know your role and play your position. You came here to do the usual, "we won the trade and now you guys look stupid. Nananana-nana" song and dance, so just do it and leave already

And like a true troll, you don't believe a word of that crap.

Lets look at the two stats the really matter:

1)  Since Luck has arrived, Colts are 17-8, Browns are 9-16

2) In the past 20 years, Browns made the playoffs twice.  Colts have been in the playoffs 14 times.

So while you can play the individual stats to compare our teams as if the Browns and Colts are similar, your missing the forest for the trees.

r getting the upper hand in something for the first time in your entire existence

You mean other than leading the all-time series 17-15 and taking the '64 Championship game?

The NFL didn't start in 1998.

Oh, so we're counting the pre-superbowl era when the game, rules, and level of competition were entirely different?  I mean there was what, 12 teams?    Ther'es a reason people make a distinction between team success before the superbowl era and now.  Lets not get stupid about our arguments.

PS.  Enjoyed the first line.  But you can't really say that like it's a bad thing when you haven't done anything of note in the past 45 years.

Probably because you're the clown who signed up on an opposing team's message board with full intention to rub in your moral victory over us in getting the better of the trade, only to be reminded that you are still, in fact, a joke of a franchise. You didn't much like that so you had to play the whole pseudo intellectual angle and reach for a few hollow statistics that, in your mind, somehow prove that you're no longer the butt crack of the NFL. Trolls don't get the privilege of demanding for structured debate/discussion, let alone a BROWNS troll..... Know your role and play your position. You came here to do the usual, "we won the trade and now you guys look stupid. Nananana-nana" song and dance, so just do it and leave already

Yeah, I see a guy just like this on the ESPN board.  And when you point out how bad of a team the Browns have been since pretty much all of us have been born, they just keep talking Trent.  I'll take the wins on the field any day to the moral victory of winning a trade for a first round pick, ESPECIALLY to a franchise that ranks down there with the Raiders when it comes to drafting.