Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

blackmon suspended indefinately

B-B

Think he also had a DUI in college, it may have been reduced, but I was thinking there were two DUIs...

Correct. Blackmon had questions about his substance abuse going in to the draft, the Jaguars GM at that time, Gene Smith, took him anyways in the first round, believing Gabbert was a WR compliment away from leading Jacksonville to the playoffs.

Wow, hopefully Blackmon gets his head on straight..tough to see players with this type of potential to blow it away. But in all seriousness, even if he was the poster child of good behavior...I highly doubt Blackmon would be able to showcase his talents and abilities with Gabbert "throwing" the ball. As I've said before, Gabbert needs to do the NFL, and society at large a favor and get himself sterilized.

-----

On another related note, Goodell should just allow the Jaguars to take PED's. That way, the Jacksonville community may actually get the opportunity to see a competitive game this year. On the bright side, though, at least this team isn't playing for Houston. If that was the case, the city would probably be hosting a public crucifixion as we speak, along with burning Gabbert jerseys (for all the Texan fans/forum members reading this, this is a joke...don't take it seriously; on the other hand, if you're a Jaguar/Gabbert fan, sorry, I'm not joking whatsoever).

Think he also had a DUI in college, it may have been reduced, but I was thinking there were two DUIs...

1) DUI in college (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5729979);

2) DUI two months after he was drafted (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8003562/jacksonville-jaguars-rookie-justin-blackmon-arrested-dui)

3) DUI this past off-season (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-04-30/justin-blackmon-suspended-nfl-4-games-jaguars-jacksonville-dui-2012-draft);

4) Who knows what this time.

haha. Well, I'm quite glad he's throwing his life away. Thankfully most of the dumb athletes can't manage finances so the money will be distributed completely in the economy a year after he's done. And, it's more reason to laugh at the fans that wanted him to be the 'blockbuster' trade!

haha. Well, I'm quite glad he's throwing his life away. Thankfully most of the dumb athletes can't manage finances so the money will be distributed completely in the economy a year after he's done. And, it's more reason to laugh at the fans that wanted him to be the 'blockbuster' trade!

I am not glad that he is throwing his life away. He is a good person and the relationship he developed with the little girl who has cancer is very touching. Based on what I know, and what I can only assume from his repeated history, is that he has a substance abuse problem. It can happen to good people too. 

He has the physical tools and the raw talent to be the best receiver in the game. NFL GM's probably knew about the suspension long before the public did and ultimately that may be why he was not traded before the deadline. 

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 2, 2013 - offensive and innappropriate
Hidden by shecolt, November 2, 2013 - offensive and innappropriate

I am not glad that he is throwing his life away. He is a good person and the relationship he developed with the little girl who has cancer is very touching. Based on what I know, and what I can only assume from his repeated history, is that he has a substance abuse problem. It can happen to good people too. 

He has the physical tools and the raw talent to be the best receiver in the game. NFL GM's probably knew about the suspension long before the public did and ultimately that may be why he was not traded before the deadline. 

I have no problems with substance abusers as it's a population control. Humans have outsmarted Darwin for too long, so we made deadly things feel good for the weak willed. 

Wait til the end of the season, trade for him.

I know he's a knucklehead, but I have faith in our players and organization.  We have some big brother type players and staff and I can see them straightening him out.  I just can't see Blackmon acting a fool around people like Pags, Wayne, Mathis, Landry, Bethea, Redding, Luck, etc.

Can you trust him anymore?  Sure, he's talented, but this is his 2nd infraction in the NFL.  After his first, he was very apologetic and full of regret, just like he is now.  But clearly, what he said before wasn't genuine

That's the best point..Supe......he's sorry but he was sorry before...

..2 suspensions and unknown number of bad tests...and warnings from coaches and teammates

He's not in control of his situation..and taking the rest of the year off is probably for the best..

The biggest question is do you believe Pagano and the locker room voice are strong/loud enough to get Blackmon to change? I think if he were here then they could get him to turn things around. On the field, he is dynamic and could be a special talent. On an unrelated note has anyone else noticed how much the top picks of the 2012 draft have "struggled"? Andrew has been amazing of course but Griffin had his injury and just hasn't been very successful this year. Trent was traded after just one year. I haven't heard much about Kalil so he might be doing well. Blackmon is having trouble with some demons and Claiborne hasn't been playing well this year and appears a bad match for the Tampa 2 defense he finds himself in.

The biggest question is do you believe Pagano and the locker room voice are strong/loud enough to get Blackmon to change? I think if he were here then they could get him to turn things around. On the field, he is dynamic and could be a special talent. On an unrelated note has anyone else noticed how much the top picks of the 2012 draft have "struggled"? Andrew has been amazing of course but Griffin had his injury and just hasn't been very successful this year. Trent was traded after just one year. I haven't heard much about Kalil so he might be doing well. Blackmon is having trouble with some demons and Claiborne hasn't been playing well this year and appears a bad match for the Tampa 2 defense he finds himself in.

cm..I just think 2012 was a false rookie year.

...Rookies are supposed to struggle gong against older, better players..

...Rookies are supposed to find hard times in the NFL..I think it helps in the long run if they can overcome things..u

..and as much as the top college players of 2013 shine...they will all get shut down in the NFL..if not immediately then eventually

After today's game, I'm willing to take a gamble on dude. I would trade our 3rd for him. We would have Wayne-Hilton-Blackmon-fleener-Allen as our core group. That's dangerous. Remember when we traded for Davis and people questioned his attitude and weight? He's turned out well. Now I know Blackmon is a different monster, but I think being with a team that isn't on the decline, a team that is professional and have a family atmosphere would do good things for Blackmon.