Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Article on which teams need a quarterback the most. Indy in the best spot.

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/2014-nfl-draft-report-teams-quarterback-most-rank-193456708--nfl.html

Nice to be the best. Actually, this list is pretty bad, lol. I don't agree with Jets rated highly at #24, especially over Andy Dalton in Cincy, and St. Louis should not be #7, even with Bradford's season-ending injury, but oh well.

wouldn't it just be easier to name the teams that need a QB instead of naming a whole bunch that dont, There is only 5 that absolutely need a QB early I think, other teams with aging QB's can still develop QB's in later rounds or for example in Minnesotas case will probably wait to draft  a QB high

Jax

Titans

Cleveland

Rams

Maybe Philadelphia if Foles dont work out, Vick is not the answer for sure, he is injured to much and only serviceable when he is out there not that good

wouldn't it just be easier to name the teams that need a QB instead of naming a whole bunch that dont, There is only 5 that absolutely need a QB early I think, other teams with aging QB's can still develop QB's in later rounds or for example in Minnesotas case will probably wait to draft  a QB high

Jax

Titans

Cleveland

Rams

Maybe Philadelphia if Foles dont work out, Vick is not the answer for sure, he is injured to much and only serviceable when he is out there not that good

I looks like Locker might work out for the Titans.. he was having a very good season before his injury

I looks like Locker might work out for the Titans.. he was having a very good season before his injury

The key word is "injury", he has been very good when he's playing but he seems to be very fragile. I wonder if he may have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, because something seems to always pop out. If he can stay healthy he will be a great good qb.

Ok this is a dumb statement.

"Matt Ryan has the job for the next five years, we think, but a young developmental project is needed."

Really, why would you develop a QB behind Matt Ryan when he's gonna be there for 5 years and will be starting longer then any rookie contract?  

I for one think this is a terrible article. Why rank all 32 teams based on this? Oh, so the Packers need a QB more than the Colts because Rodgers is a little bit older than Luck? That still doesn't mean they need a QB. I just don't see the point in wasting time writing this up. Maybe just talk about 5-10 teams that need a QB. Just an odd list. That being said I am glad the Colts are at 32. I was prepared to read some bogus write up about why Luck might not be the long term answer haha

I for one think this is a terrible article. Why rank all 32 teams based on this? Oh, so the Packers need a QB more than the Colts because Rodgers is a little bit older than Luck? That still doesn't mean they need a QB. I just don't see the point in wasting time writing this up. Maybe just talk about 5-10 teams that need a QB. Just an odd list. That being said I am glad the Colts are at 32. I was prepared to read some bogus write up about why Luck might not be the long term answer haha

Actually GB really could use a backup

Actually GB really could use a backup

Sure but that seems like something they would do in free agency. Sign someone with some experience. Idk, maybe the Packers weren't the best example because they aren't high up on this list but I stand by my point. Most teams on the list don't need to worry about drafting a QB. The Colts did it right bringing in a capable, seasoned vet as a backup.

"Matt Ryan has the job for the next five years, we think, but a young developmental project is needed."

Really, why would you develop a QB behind Matt Ryan when he's gonna be there for 5 years and will be starting longer then any rookie contract?  

I agree.  I didn't like the article.  Matt Ryan is 28, so I expect him to play for 6-7 more years.  No need to find another QB when their OL and defense have been subpar this year

I think what they are really trying to get at is that they need a better back up there and drafting a young guy and developing him to be the back up wouldn't be a bad thing who could be turned into a transition starter when Ryan retires but I think that's longer than five years away but it's kinda what the Rams did with Marc Bulger backing up Kurt Warner. 

I think the Browns have had about 20 starting QBs since their return to the NFL in 99.

So, they'll probably continue the trend by drafting a QB every other year.  I have the feeling they'll go for Johnny Football next year, who will get injured three games in.

I think what they are really trying to get at is that they need a better back up there and drafting a young guy and developing him to be the back up wouldn't be a bad thing who could be turned into a transition starter when Ryan retires but I think that's longer than five years away but it's kinda what the Rams did with Marc Bulger backing up Kurt Warner. 

Any player talented enough to compete for a starting job will not stay with you after his contract ends.  Backup quarterbacks however are a dime a dozen.  Grab a backup in FA.