Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaVon Brazill listed as First-string WR

GoColts00

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.colts.com/team/depth-chart.html

I'm kinda wondering why Griff Whalen isn't on the depth chart though? He knows Pep Hamilton's system and the Colts playbook. He may not be as fast as Brazill, but he catches Everything thrown his way, which is what you want in a possession type of WR.

Maybe because Whalen isnt as good as many forum goers believe he is?

Until a deal is struck in FA or on the trade block, this makes the most sense. TY is a slot reciever, and the bigger Brazill is better in the blocking game.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm kinda wondering why Griff Whalen isn't on the depth chart though? He knows Pep Hamilton's system and the Colts playbook. He may not be as fast as Brazill, but he catches Everything thrown his way, which is what you want in a possession type of WR.

Probably because he's not even on the active roster.  He's on the practice squad.

He's not on the depth chart because he's not on the Active roster - yet.  I do agree with you, he's a decent possession receiver.  And he has the chemistry with Andrew.

Unless Grigs is dialing up another trade, I expect they'll elevate Grif next.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, October 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Warhorse, October 23, 2013 - No reason given

GET OFF GRIFFs DICK HES NOT THAT GOOD!. there is a reason why we can cut and put him on the ps anytime we want! darn

How did you get DI** through the filter? 

Just as i predicted Brazil would be the Z WR, he has all the physical tools to be good. Not many players in the league can make that catch he had vs the Lions. Grigson knows what he's doing he traded a 2nd for Vontae now he is a top 10 CB. Found a gem in Freeman from Canada now he's one of the most versatile LB's in the league. Traded a late first for #3 overall RB in Richardson who has all the physical abilities you guys just have to be patient, give him a few more games and you'll see how great of a player he will be.

Just as i predicted Brazil would be the Z WR, he has all the physical tools to be good. Not many players in the league can make that catch he had vs the Lions. Grigson knows what he's doing he traded a 2nd for Vontae now he is a top 10 CB. Found a gem in Freeman from Canada now he's one of the most versatile LB's in the league. Traded a late first for #3 overall RB in Richardson who has all the physical abilities you guys just have to be patient, give him a better interior offensive line and you'll see how great of a player he will be.

Fixed it for you

:agree:

Guest TeamLoloJones

They made room for two people with the releases of Jones and Hughes.  maybe elevate two of our guys for better depth and packages with Brazil and Whalen.

Hughes was on the practice squad.

Reggie Wayne was and is a great player...

But his days are short, IF he can come back next season that will be it most likely.   

The time is NOW.........         This team relied on RW LAST season..   not THIS season.   

Indy is FINE

I told you LaVon should start, I even made a thread on it :D

We'll see if it stays that way. There is still an empty roster slot with somebody's name on it. Dont be shocked if Grigs makes a trade for a new starter. This is just the plan if it doesnt go through, Id imagine.

It's mid season...    Indy will go with what they have... 

And it's pretty good....

We'll see if it stays that way. There is still an empty roster slot with somebody's name on it. Dont be shocked if Grigs makes a trade for a new starter. This is just the plan if it doesnt go through, Id imagine.

I liked Brazill in college, and I liked him last season as a rookie, he has major shoes to fill, and there is no way we can realistically expect him to replace Reggie and his production, but we need one of Hilton/Brazill/DHB/Fleener to step up as a #1 target, hopefully one of them is up to the task, TY has had a great year so far, DHB has all of the physical tools, same goes for Fleener, and Brazill has a lot of potential, so I am excited to see all of our young talent.

Side note- All of our WR's and TE's are under 26 years old

It's mid season... Indy will go with what they have...

And it's pretty good....

Ive been over ad nauseum why it isnt, but here goes.

-All speed recievers

-No consistency

-TY lacks size and needs to be in the slot to succeed

-No good route running

-Drops everywhere

-All of them need a guy to draw coverage

The Colts needed Reggie because he brought sure hands and legitimacy to an otherwise underdeveloped and mediocre recieving corp. Without him, the Colts dont have a #1 on the roster yet, as WR is the position we lack the most depth in. Either a trade or FA signing needs made to shore that up. If not now, than in the offseason, but its a borderline emergency now.

-All speed recievers

-No consistency

-No good route running

-Drops everywhere

The Colts needed Reggie because he brought sure hands and legitimacy to an otherwise underdeveloped and mediocre recieving corp. Without him, the Colts dont have a #1 on the roster yet, as WR is the position we lack the most depth in. Either a trade or FA signing needs made to shore that up. If not now, than in the offseason, but its a borderline emergency now.

hilton does not need to be in the slot to succeed. Did you see the Seahawks game?

Watch the games again this year...      All of them...    Who is making plays?  

Indy will be fine...  Griff WILL come in and do what Reggie provides..    outside of leadership.  (which is VERY IMPORTANT)

-All speed recievers
-No consistency
-No good route running
-Drops everywhere

Watch the games again this year... All of them... Who is making plays?

Indy will be fine... Griff WILL come in and do what Reggie provides.. outside of leadership. (which is VERY IMPORTANT)

Sorry, I dont buy Griff Whalen. If I hear his name one more time, I might vomit.

He's not on the depth chart because he's not on the Active roster - yet.  I do agree with you, he's a decent possession receiver.  And he has the chemistry with Andrew.

Unless Grigs is dialing up another trade, I expect they'll elevate Grif next.

Maybe Griff but they did have Rogers active a few weeks ago.

Griff W................   

Who else is out there that can come in and realistically help an NFL team at mid season?

NOBODY...     Indy is rolling with who they have.

And they will keep Rocking and Rolling...    and you can keep doubting...

Guest TeamLoloJones

Ok. did I miss something in the preseason? Why is everyone so high on rogers? what has he done to merit all the attention he's getting?

His college highlight reel is pretty ridiculous...I think that's what everyone is going on.

Griff W................

Who else is out there that can come in and realistically help an NFL team at mid season?

NOBODY... Indy is rolling with who they have.

And they will keep Rocking and Rolling... and you can keep doubting...

Hakeem Nicks, Josh Gordon. Deion Branch if you just want a one year fill in to boost depth. Even on the practice squad, Rogers is the better choice talent wise.

So tired of hearing about Whalen.

His college highlight reel is pretty ridiculous...I think that's what everyone is going on.

ok. highlights are nice. but what I want to see is the low-lights. What kind of mistakes does this guy make. Is it dropped passes? bad route running. There has to be some reason why he was undrafted.

heehe..ee..    Da Rik..    Nicks..   

I love me some J Gordon but Indy is not going to pay that asking price..       the rest are duds.

Deion Branch....   LOL  :td:

Hakeem Nicks, Josh Gordon. Deion Branch if you just want a one year fill in to boost depth. Even on the practice squad, Rogers is the better choice talent wise.

So tired of hearing about Whalen.

ok. highlights are nice. but what I want to see is the low-lights. What kind of mistakes does this guy make. Is it dropped passes? bad route running. There has to be some reason why he was undrafted.

He's a pain in the butt off the field.

I think that was him...... bad conduct off the field. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Guest TeamLoloJones

heehe..ee..    Da Rik..    Nicks..   

I love me some J Gordon but Indy is not going to pay that asking price..       the rest are duds.

Deion Branch....   LOL  :td:

I agree.  It's Josh Gordon or nothing for me...and only if we can don't have to sell the farm to get him.