Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For anyone who missed it...

21isSuperman

When Mathis got the strip-sack, Peyton watched the replay and couldn't help but grin when he saw who got him.  I missed it during the game, but you can see that play (and Peyton's grin) again here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000266805/Mathis-causes-a-safety

Peyton's tribute video can also be seen here:

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Broncos-vs-Colts-Peyton-Manning-Tribute-Video/12f73718-2795-4eb7-9098-9b741891419d

I still can't watch Peyton's reaction without getting tingles going down my back

I seen the grin to, The moment I loved the most was when Reggie was down on the field. I looked over and seen Peytn standing on the field slowly making his way over to Reggie. Then Reggie got up and Peyton just stood there until he got off the field. It was something to see in person(Peyton walking out on the field). Stadium was loudest I have ever seen while attending a game, It was nice to see everything but Reggie get injured 

When Mathis got the strip-sack, Peyton watched the replay and couldn't help but grin when he saw who got him.  I missed it during the game, but you can see that play (and Peyton's grin) again here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000266805/Mathis-causes-a-safety

Peyton's tribute video can also be seen here:

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Broncos-vs-Colts-Peyton-Manning-Tribute-Video/12f73718-2795-4eb7-9098-9b741891419d

I still can't watch Peyton's reaction without getting tingles going down my back

HA! I missed the grin afterward. 

His thoughts "So that's what it feels like?"

Thanks for posting the tribute video..I hadn't seen it..

Brought back some memories...

I hope that when he retires, he comes home for a tribute that he truly deserves...

There will never be another quite like Peyton..and I'm dam proud to have witnessed his all of his greatness, for all these years, both on and off the field.

I don't think that was a grin I think that was a grimace as in he was in pain going off.  As competitive as Peyton Manning is I have a very hard time believing he was grinning after giving up points. 

I'm gonna disagree.  I think Peyton was pretty darn certain that Mathis was going to get to him at some point in that game, and when he did see that it was Mathis that caused the sack/fumble it sure looked like more of a smile than a grimace.  After years of being on the positive end of Mathis's play, getting to be on the receiving end this time was I'm sure a strange feeling.  I think it was more of a gee he got me (grin) than a gee he got me, boy does my arm hurt (grimace).

You could probably show that same clip to 50 different people and half would probably see it as a grin, and half would see it the way you did.  To each their own I guess

I'm gonna disagree. I think Peyton was pretty darn certain that Mathis was going to get to him at some point in that game, and when he did see that it was Mathis that caused the sack/fumble it sure looked like more of a smile than a grimace. After years of being on the positive end of Mathis's play, getting to be on the receiving end this time was I'm sure a strange feeling. I think it was more of a gee he got me (grin) than a gee he got me, boy does my arm hurt (grimace).

You could probably show that same clip to 50 different people and half would probably see it as a grin, and half would see it the way you did. To each their own I guess

probably right about people seeing it different ways. I think that's pretty common.

Just a side note. In that tribute, we're looking at at least 4 future hall of famers from one team, in the same decade. Edge, Marvin, Reggie and Peyton. I'd throw Dallas and AV in there as well. What other team can say they had that many HOFers playing at the same time, together.

The tribute brought a tear to my eye, ill admit it. I sure wish Manning could have retired a Colt, but hey, I agree with the decision Irsay made and did since day one. So here's to hoping another run with Luck and Co.

I seen the grin to, The moment I loved the most was when Reggie was down on the field. I looked over and seen Peytn standing on the field slowly making his way over to Reggie. Then Reggie got up and Peyton just stood there until he got off the field. It was something to see in person(Peyton walking out on the field). Stadium was loudest I have ever seen while attending a game, It was nice to see everything but Reggie get injured 

i noticed they had the cameras on peyton for a while, they zoomed in on his face and you could tell he was feeling something...it was good to see that in peyton

I loved Edge but I am not sure he is a HOF'er  Clark is without a doubt not going to get in.

AV is a lock

Edge should get in, Clark will not...

the case for james

• 11th all-time in rushing (better than 16 players in the Hall)
  • 18th all-time in rushing touchdowns
  • 13th all-time in Yards from scrimmage
  • Two-time rushing champion
  • Seven 1,000-yard rushing seasons (tied for 10th)

Just a side note. In that tribute, we're looking at at least 4 future hall of famers from one team, in the same decade. Edge, Marvin, Reggie and Peyton. I'd throw Dallas and AV in there as well. What other team can say they had that many HOFers playing at the same time, together.

The tribute brought a tear to my eye, ill admit it. I sure wish Manning could have retired a Colt, but hey, I agree with the decision Irsay made and did since day one. So here's to hoping another run with Luck and Co.

You can add Dungy to that list and Polian should go in as well but his ego and being disliked might keep him out.

Clark wont sniff the Hall heck I don't even think he'll get into the Ring of Honor.  Freeney and Mathis have much stronger cases than Clark and they are boarder line.

Manning is a lock, Marvin and Reggie should both go in and Marvin might very well go in this year on the first ballot.  Edge and AV have chances as well.