Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what they are now asking themslves in Denver and their instant reactions

bayone

It is really funny to me Colts fans complaining that Manning gets all the excuses. That is what most of you do for him up here every time his Colts past failures are brought up. Heck, even your own owner made excuses for him and his 14 year career in Indy. At some point it needs to stop. He gets waaay too much credit for wins and tooo much blame for losses. Honestly, I would hate to be hs teammate for this reason. He is just a QB afterall and his team is flawed this year but that loss night was partly his fault too. It was his worst game of the season, one in which he was looking unstoppable.

that was jsut the media...they keep building up teams like they are perfect.

Honestly, how many times you didnt see here people saying...Denvers D sucks and they wont win it all untill they get it fixed...or fire Fox... Fans are not that stupid, but just lke the Jim irsay vs manning, where the mediaa exagerated , they did the same with Denver

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mathis has it right.. but think about this Robert... whats your excuse while Peyton was in Indy? Cause whats happening in Denver happened in Indy for years. Now Robert, you are being held accountable and dont have Peyton to bail you out all the time. The Colts defense actually has to play to win instead of relying on Peyton to score upwards of 30+ points per game to win.

Had it not been for the Hillman fumble, I think Denver overtakes the game and wins. That fumble was the butchering of the game. Peyton was hit, hurried and sacked way, way too many times last night. 

I felt thing weren't being called appropriately on the Colts Defense. There was alot of holding and PI's that weren't called. The Broncos receivers were molested all game and the refs let it go, then call PI on Moreno???!!! That was bull in a crap basket.

Denver fans are saying, 'its not the defenses fault', but reality it is. When you allow 39 points.. it is mostly your fault. They cannot expect or rely on Peytons offense to score 40+ points per game in order to win. That game plan is just asinine and unfathomable. 

IMO, Peyton is and will always be the GOAT, always a Colt, and I will not root against him, for him to get hurt, ect. 

He has earned that through his play and his on and off the field class. No real fan would root against him, hope for him to get hurt or loose. He isnt the Enemy as others have put it. He is a Colt for life, therefore never the enemy. He is a QB. He is a class act. He deserves our upmost respect. 

First, I think he would agree with Irsay.  So I doubt he'd come up with an excuse.  He owned up to it when we lost to MIA and SD, came out and made sure we didn't lose 2 in a row. 

Second, you're probably right that without the fumble Denver takes the lead.  But defense stepped up, which is exactly what you pointed out at the end of your second paragraph.  Crazy thing is, we've asked a lot more out of our defense in the past 2 years, and especially this year, than we ever really have before - and guys like Mathis, Davis, Landry, are flourishing.  So I'm good with what he said.  Like you said, he has it right, but he also backsi t up.  No shame in that and I don't think it's a slant to Manning either.

Well how about the strip fumble that was returned for a touchdown that was called just a turnover.

The Peyton fumble at the goal line when the replay showed his back foot was not in the end zone and was ruled a safety.

That was 12 (2 points on the safety) more points that SHOULD have been added to the Colts score 39 plus 12 that's 51 we put up on Denver.

But Denver got the bad calls huh?  lol

Colts O > Denver O

We have 4 starters out on our O too so theres that.

That Broncos team will not win a SB in cold weather.

replay showed shoulder was out of bounds said announcers when safety was ruled if thats what u r saying / asking  ? , not sure what u meant so maybe responding to something u arent talking about, if that case sorry

I don't think he was the same after that Matthias hit either. I wonder if he will be listed on the injury report. It was a nasty blindside hit and his balls wobbled all night after that.

it wasnt just this week, I noted in last weeks Jacksonville thread this

(( note I said that last week, in Jacksonville (+27 1/2) @ Denver (10-13-13) topic

comment 27 , http://forums.colts....enver-10-13-13/ ))

comment 27

anyway u have to wonder a bit, Many of peytons throws low even when caught,

he was hit hard 5 times on 1st 2 drives, went into locker and brock on sidelines got up and started sidel;ine practice, Peyton came back out and practiced on sideline,

u have to wonder with those big hits, going intpo locker to be checked, then all the low throws and missed snaps did he get hurt ??

----------------------------------

TO add, if u watched Jacksonville game, even announcers said same and then added look at Decker after the low throw catch he is actually moving arms telling Peyton to get the ball up & Peyton just cant seem to for so many throws after he went to locker room & came back out, & why was Brock suddenly  acting like he may go in 

it wasnt just this week, I noted in last weeks Jacksonville thread this

(( note I said that last week, in Jacksonville (+27 1/2) @ Denver (10-13-13) topic

comment 27 , http://forums.colts....enver-10-13-13/ ))

comment 27

anyway u have to wonder a bit, Many of peytons throws low even when caught,

he was hit hard 5 times on 1st 2 drives, went into locker and brock on sidelines got up and started sidel;ine practice, Peyton came back out and practiced on sideline,

u have to wonder with those big hits, going intpo locker to be checked, then all the low throws and missed snaps did he get hurt ??

----------------------------------

TO add, if u watched Jacksonville game, even announcers said same and then added look at Decker after the low throw catch he is actually moving arms telling Peyton to get the ball up & Peyton just cant seem to for so many throws after he went to locker room & came back out, & why was Brock suddenly  acting like he may go in 

What do you think is going on? A shoulder separation? His neck again?

ng

cmon, with that first coment right there you are discrediting colts D.

the INT was in no way Mannings fault, just walden making a play. and the first one was Mathis beating his man cleanly and fast.I rewatched the game yesterday...we got kinda lucky on that play. Decker was open and Manning was already on his throwing motion...if Mathis takes 1 second longer to beat his man, we dont get 9 points, which were the momentum changer...after that it was all colts D.

and yes, denver¿'s D sucks and it will cost them ont he post season. they just dont step up.

Colts D manhandled denvers O for about 3 quarters, but in the 4th quarter they started making plays(specially welker) but that D had already surrendered like 36 points.

You need to re-read my quote. I said that all three phases of Denver's team came up short which they did against a rock solid Colts team. As with every game, it is a combo of one team playing well and the other not playing well or being forced into mistakes.

ng

You need to re-read my quote. I said that all three phases of Denver's team came up short which they did against a rock solid Colts team. As with every game, it is a combo of one team playing well and the other not playing well or being forced into mistakes.

This. In this particular case I would credit the Colts special teams most, with defense capitalizing and forcing mistakes.

The Colts offense was honestly helped by an inept Denver pass defense.

This. In this particular case I would credit the Colts special teams most, with defense capitalizing and forcing mistakes.

The Colts offense was honestly helped by an inept Denver pass defense.

I would also credit McAfee & St  too like u that covered kickoffs and punts, besides the induced fumble, Peyton started so many  drives between the goal and 15 line

What do you think is going on? A shoulder separation? His neck again?

great question , he was looking at  throwing hand when went in locker and also shook it once in that Jacksonville game early

could be a finger hand issue or just shook it as got numb meaning nerve irritation at neck

injury  

Mathis may have aggravated that or caused something elsae, , who knows really are so many possibilities if he is indeed hurt, they arent noting it anywhere that i read last wek or this and just may not  who knows

could be nothing and we all could be just reading into what we are seeing

wrote this earlier

It was the 10 “quarterback hits” credited to the Colts’ defense.\

On some of those hits, I was surprised to see the 37-year-old Manning get up so quickly.

“Oh gosh, we were hitting that boy, and hitting him, and hitting him,” said Colts defensive lineman Cory Redding. “And if we weren’t hitting on him, we were stepping on his feet. Pushing him. Breathing on him. Letting him know we’re there. That gets to him. And all we tried to do was just get pressure on 18 (Peyton Manning) and make him uncomfortable.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/10/21/peyton-manning-needs-better-protection/22586/

am leaving shortly, thats it for me today most likely, got more in than expected and got alot done too

I agree completely and I think it is not necessarily a bad thing for Manning's team to not take for granted a winning streak and 14-2 record. The only time a Manning-led team won the superbowl Manning did not play like he generally did and they had a 10-6 record, and the rest of the team stepped up.

That's a coincidence

That's a coincidence

Well, for the record, the year Peyton's team won the SB, the Colts were 12-4 and the D got tired of people running on them and dogging on them.

So, a loss or two for the Broncos may not be bad in the long term, IMO. Plus, Peyton and Brady have taken the worst run D and pass D to the SBs respectively (2006 & 2011). It is a long season.

Sorry about that, I think I did blame the refs for a few calls that did bug me but I think fans of the losing team often feel a few calls are glaring to them when it's over.

To your credit your team held us to 9 points......9 POINTS. Holding Luck to single digits is not easy! Like Cincy holding NE to just 6.

Looking back I totally underestimated San Diego. Still a quality football team and I let off some steam I think after the game.

You know it's interesting, if you asked me again who I would want to play I still would rather play Denver then SD despite the Manning drama and his receivers. It does not matter what happened in roster turnover over the years....we always seen to find ways to get past Denver and playing in SD has been the death of us. In 2008 we won there and it seemed like a miracle!

You got a better team then I gave you guys credit for. I hope Rivers can continue to have a good season. Its a tough division but I won't be stunned if your boys beat Denver or KC once or so either.

No apologies necessary, I did say it was amusing ;-)!  I just might *cough, cough* have done the same once or twice in my history as a fan.

We like being underestimated.  I am loving our new coaching staff and more importantly finally being rid of AJ Smith.  Frankly, I don't think Norv Turner was as much the problem as the players he was (or wasn't) handed.  AJ the Drama Queen...  Staffing teams throughout the NFl with our top players he refused to pay their worth (see: Sproles, Vincent Jackson)

Loving Tom Telesco's first draft.  I can't remember the last draft we had 3 starters from the first 3 round picks and all were seriously contributing. 

Don't know if you saw our game against Jacksonville last week (not likely high on the viewing priority list), but we lost our starting LT and his backup within 5 plays.  We didn't have anyone who played the position but DJ Fluker moved to LT (hadn't played it since High School and zero in practice).  No sacks and the offense didn't have even a hitch in effectiveness.  The coaching that has allowed our O Line to hold together after a ridiculous amount of injuries and just keep rolling along - well it's special. 

That whole Denver team that showed up in LOS on Sunday reminded me of some of our former Colts teams.  It was if almost nothing had changed at all.  A whole lot of Peyton throwing the ball, inability to run the ball(I thought their running game would be better with John Fox) and a defense that couldn't stop the offense from moving the ball.  I thought they did a pretty good job stuffing our run game, but they sucked against the pass.

I don't mind flying under the radar somewhat, but it's amazing to me that until we beat Denver, the media made them out to be unbeatable. They were the best "team" in football. Now that the Colts beat them, they are making one excuse after another about Denver. saying that Manning don't have a good "team" around him, that he has to do it all on his own. The media is just inexcusably stupid. 

6-0  is not a good team around him ? :spit:  

The media is on the 18 bandwagon  & the bromance was blooming making it a nice story beating the Colts here at LOS a given  In there opinion on the way to the eventual SB game that is all but assured for the best team in football .

After the game a analyst on the NFL Netweak asked another , with the Colts beating the best team does that make them the best & the answer was no .

I would have said with the Colts performances against 3 of the best teams  are worth honorable mention IMO ..

No apologies necessary, I did say it was amusing ;-)!  I just might *cough, cough* have done the same once or twice in my history as a fan.

We like being underestimated.  I am loving our new coaching staff and more importantly finally being rid of AJ Smith.  Frankly, I don't think Norv Turner was as much the problem as the players he was (or wasn't) handed.  AJ the Drama Queen...  Staffing teams throughout the NFl with our top players he refused to pay their worth (see: Sproles, Vincent Jackson)

Loving Tom Telesco's first draft.  I can't remember the last draft we had 3 starters from the first 3 round picks and all were seriously contributing. 

Don't know if you saw our game against Jacksonville last week (not likely high on the viewing priority list), but we lost our starting LT and his backup within 5 plays.  We didn't have anyone who played the position but DJ Fluker moved to LT (hadn't played it since High School and zero in practice).  No sacks and the offense didn't have even a hitch in effectiveness.  The coaching that has allowed our O Line to hold together after a ridiculous amount of injuries and just keep rolling along - well it's special. 

I agree that your team has made real and serious strides forward this year. DJ Fluker also was a good pick but don't get too excited that he shut Jacksonville out. That *ic team has been trying to draft , sign or scheme a pass rush for about 6 years now.

I agree that your team has made real and serious strides forward this year. DJ Fluker also was a good pick but don't get too excited that he shut Jacksonville out. That *ic team has been trying to draft , sign or scheme a pass rush for about 6 years now.

Honestly, that's amazing even against the Jaguars.  No practice, not even a play.  Hasn't played the position since high school.  Of course it would be harder against a top ranked pass rush team.  We've played some of them and he's held his own at right tackle even as a rookie.  What I love about Fluker is his attitude - "if it's what the team needs, I'm there"

We've had 50% less sacks and Rivers' numbers are through the roof... I wonder if that's connected in any way *scratches head and ponders the thought* :thmup:

Mathis has it right.. but think about this Robert... whats your excuse while Peyton was in Indy? Cause whats happening in Denver happened in Indy for years. Now Robert, you are being held accountable and dont have Peyton to bail you out all the time. The Colts defense actually has to play to win instead of relying on Peyton to score upwards of 30+ points per game to win.

Had it not been for the Hillman fumble, I think Denver overtakes the game and wins. That fumble was the butchering of the game. Peyton was hit, hurried and sacked way, way too many times last night. 

I felt thing weren't being called appropriately on the Colts Defense. There was alot of holding and PI's that weren't called. The Broncos receivers were molested all game and the refs let it go, then call PI on Moreno???!!! That was bull in a crap basket.

Denver fans are saying, 'its not the defenses fault', but reality it is. When you allow 39 points.. it is mostly your fault. They cannot expect or rely on Peytons offense to score 40+ points per game in order to win. That game plan is just asinine and unfathomable. 

IMO, Peyton is and will always be the GOAT, always a Colt, and I will not root against him, for him to get hurt, ect. 

He has earned that through his play and his on and off the field class. No real fan would root against him, hope for him to get hurt or loose. He isnt the Enemy as others have put it. He is a Colt for life, therefore never the enemy. He is a QB. He is a class act. He deserves our upmost respect. 

You do realize the Broncos were getting their butts kicked before Peyton made the game respectable in the end?