Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we win Sunday..

AllYouNeedIsLuck

obviously I'm going to be happy as heck. Winning the 3 toughest games on the schedule would be very impressive.

Winning, though, will also make me wonder about how inconsistent we are as a team. They can not be that team that beats 3 powerhouses and loses to 2

average/slightly above average teams.

The team is still growing, and one should expect a few ups and downs. Last year we lost 3 out of 5 games to start off the season... and managed to finish out ok.

Any Given Sunday!  Every team has good weeks and bad.  Even the elite teams too (they're just rare).  Let's hope that this is a rare week for the Broncos and we have a good week.  We have a couple of things going for us.  First of all, it's a home game.  I know what most people are thinking (not this time because of Manning).  It's still the COLTS home!  No one had to travel right?  The other thing we have going for us is we lost last week.  We always come back from a loss playing pretty good!  Also, we just played the #&$%ing Chargers.  When was the last time you remember us beating the Chargers?  They had our number even when Manning was our QB.  I think that we have a pretty legit shot at winning this game!

What team is consistent at this point in the season? Other than Broncos, Saints, Chiefs, and Jags

I wouldn't expect a team to be consistent at this point of the season but improving each week and peaking toward the end of the year. If you are consistent/peaking this early in the season it is going to be tough trying to sustain that success throughout the season rarely teams can do that and but usually they fade toward the end of the year, like the Texans and Bears last year

If we win Sunday..

• We will be 5-2
  • We will have a bye week to prepare and fix mistakes.
  • We then look to ONE game at a time with the next 4 being very winnable.....ONE at a time.

If we lose Sunday..

• We will be 4-3
  • See above.
  • See above.

I guess it is just easier to say there are a lot of games to be played.  You strive to master all 3 phases of the game....you play 60 minutes of Colts football, watch film on Monday and go back to work on Tuesday practicing for the next opponent.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!

If we win Sunday..

• We will be 5-2
  • We will have a bye week to prepare and fix mistakes.
  • We then look to ONE game at a time with the next 4 being very winnable.....ONE at a time.

If we lose Sunday..

• We will be 4-3
  • See above.
  • See above.

I guess it is just easier to say there are a lot of games to be played.  You strive to master all 3 phases of the game....you play 60 minutes of Colts football, watch film on Monday and go back to work on Tuesday practicing for the next opponent.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!

This.  All you can do is prepare your best, play your best, celebrate the win on the day/night of, and forget about it the next morning except to the extent it's a learning experience for the future and start back over at step one for the next opponent.

What team is consistent at this point in the season? Other than Broncos, Saints, Chiefs, and Jags

I wouldn't expect a team to be consistent at this point of the season but improving each week and peaking toward the end of the year. If you are consistent/peaking this early in the season it is going to be tough trying to sustain that success throughout the season rarely teams can do that and but usually they fade toward the end of the year, like the Texans and Bears last year

I'd rather not have the consistency of the Jaguars!   :spit:

If we won Sunday night the league will probably make Irsay apologize for being such a meanie and for the Colts ruining Peyton's epic homecoming celebration!

"Jim Irsay clearly disrespecting Manning's entire career at this point. Fielded a competitive team, and didn't just let Peyton win via forfeit. Doesn't he realize what Peyton has done for him? Clearly he is taking shots at Peyton."

• Well one things for sure.Exicution better be much better on Offense,or our D will be gassed and we get a big butt woopin.I expect more consistency from this Offense. A good start would be putting Satele on the bench McGlass is much better at center and much better rhere than Satele.Pass protection was atrocious.When Mc plays center also helps our running game.David Reed needs to be cut IMO he brings nothing to this team.I can go on and on but wont.

• Well one things for sure.Exicution better be much better on Offense,or our D will be gassed and we get a big butt woopin.I expect more consistency from this Offense. A good start would be putting Satele on the bench McGlass is much better at center and much better rhere than Satele.Pass protection was atrocious.When Mc plays center also helps our running game.David Reed needs to be cut IMO he brings nothing to this team.I can go on and on but wont.

Satele and McAwful were just that...awful.  I am from the old school of "if it aint broke don't fix it."  It is broken at C and RG.  We were better with Link at guard and McOK at center :)

"David Reed needs to be cut IMO he brings nothing to this team.I can go on and on but wont."  

I agree with this even though he 'almost'  broke one.  Put Cassius Vaughn out there to catch it and get it at the 20.....avg of 25+ yards a return means nothing it you only get to the freaking 17.   :funny:

Satele and McAwful were just that...awful.  I am from the old school of "if it aint broke don't fix it."  It is broken at C and RG.  We were better with Link at guard and McOK at center :)

"David Reed needs to be cut IMO he brings nothing to this team.I can go on and on but wont."  

I agree with this even though he 'almost'  broke one.  Put Cassius Vaughn out there to catch it and gt it at the 20.....avg of 25+ yards a return means nothing it you only get to the freaking 17.   :funny:

Agreed Brother that makes me :excited:  :scratch:  :hello: cringe everytime he brings it out.

All of these return guys are bringing it out these days.....time to go back to the old kickoff rules IMO.  These guys are taking tremendous risks on the hard hits they are taking. :dunno:

Yes we don't have a D Hester for returns lets start from 20 instead of the 15 10 or 5

Posted · Hidden by Superman, October 17, 2013 - all bolded, inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, October 17, 2013 - all bolded, inflammatory

I have seen a couple of articles featured on Bleacher Report insinuating a dilemma amongst Colts fans for this week's game versus Denver, of being torn on the issue of rooting for, or against Peyton. All I know is if you claim to be a Colts fan through and through and begin cheering for him during the game someone better slap some sense into you, cause you're just a fraud. Unworthy to dawn any Colts memorabilia whatsoever or have any connection to the Colts, period! GO COLTS!

#DownWithDenver