Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No more pink penalty flags

oldunclemark

Look, I know the 'pink' theme is a great cause...

..and some of the players even look good in pink (cant nobody tell you how to live)

..but as fans...I need the announcers to be able to see the penalty flags..

so at the risk of being seen as anti-cancer patient..

..can we please ashcan the pink penalty flags...??

Agreed. Just a ridiculous decision that I doubt they will repeat. They can get rid of the pink flags, or they can get rid of the pink towels, but something has to give.

Somewhere in NY I suspect there's a conference room where executives where busy today trying to figure out who to fire. :)

Look, I know the 'pink' theme is a great cause.....and some of the players even look good in pink (cant nobody tell you how to live)..but as fans...I need the announcers to be able to see the penalty flags..so at the risk of being seen as anti-cancer patient....can we please ashcan the pink penalty flags...??

The idea was dumb to begin with because they knew players used pink towels. Not that many teams use yellow towels. Why not just give the refs pink uniforms that would be hilarious. But bring back yellow flags and give coaches the red flags back too.

This is a classic example of a good idea gone bad. The lack of foresight here shocks me. When I see the network prompt a flag was thrown, only to find out it was yet another hand towel, well that's toying with my emotions. 

If the NFL goes forth into a 2nd week with these pink flags, I would call such a lack of corrective action nothing less than utter incompetence. 

I support the cause, the general idea being broadcast here. But not when it goes so far as to interfere with the game. 

I think you will see the NFL quietly go back to yellow flags for next week's games next week...especially after some of the issues this weekend. Even the commentators were complaining and saying "we are all for the pink, but stop at penalty flags..."

The idea was dumb to begin with because they knew players used pink towels. Not that many teams use yellow towels. Why not just give the refs pink uniforms that would be hilarious. But bring back yellow flags and give coaches the red flags back too.

When Pagano threw out the challenge flag, it was red, not pink.

And boy did he throw it! I know it's a small thing, but he tossed it like a man! Most coaches just poop it out there five feet in front of them...Not our guy! He goes deep and it went a good 20 feet or so, which was pretty far when you think of the flight dynamics of a flag like that. Even the tv guys were impressed. Typical Pagano, and typical of this new regime.

big or small save them all I agree but there is no place in Football for pink anything. One game its great,fun,message sent now back to business please that pink everything is just so distracting.

Your distracted by the color pink?

Agreed 100%. I was at the game Sunday and there was MANY times we thought there was a flag on the field to only find out that it was a players towel that fell out of their pants.

I support breast cancer awareness 110%, but the pink penalty flags have got to go. Love everything else though.

I've always wondered why Breast cancer gets all the support and not any other type of cancer.  

For once I'd love to see a big name organization buck the trend and support another type of cancer.  

And they have gone overboard with the pink either way.  

I've always wondered why Breast cancer gets all the support and not any other type of cancer.  

For once I'd love to see a big name organization buck the trend and support another type of cancer.  

Duh...men love boobs.  If I had to pick one to support over all others, this would be it.

This is a classic example of a good idea gone bad. The lack of foresight here shocks me. When I see the network prompt a flag was thrown, only to find out it was yet another hand towel, well that's toying with my emotions. 

If the NFL goes forth into a 2nd week with these pink flags, I would call such a lack of corrective action nothing less than utter incompetence. 

I support the cause, the general idea being broadcast here. But not when it goes so far as to interfere with the game. 

Well to be fair, there may be contractual rights breached if they didn't change it - whether with the manufacturer or the charity.  Now if it's the same thing next year, yeah, I'd tend to agree with you.

That's actually a very good point.....I do not know why lung cancer and colon cancer don't have similar awareness campaigns

That's actually a very good point.....I do not know why lung cancer and colon cancer don't have similar awareness campaigns

It's PR and marketing. Reaching out to the female demographic etc. 

Money always lurks behind such things. 

Lung cancer sort of does but it's tied up with the anti-smoking campaign.

Colon cancer doesn't have it though, nor do most other cancers.

And it's not just the awareness campaigns.  It's the privately raised research dollars (and government research dollars)

The reason, the big secret is that the reason Breast Cancer gets all the dollars and awareness is that it is a common cancer that affects primarily women.  And if one looks at our current culture women's lives are subconsciously held to be more valuable by western society at large.