Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not even at full strength

tony1287

I can't help but get excited when I see our team beating quality football teams and doing so without key players in the lineup. We have played without ricky jean, landry, havili, bradshaw, and werner, and yet we still grind out victories. Next man up has never been more appropriate to say than now. Getting these players back can only help and only proves that we have good depth on our team for the first time in a long time. Oh and not to mention we already lost allen and thomas, so it's very easy to see this team going far.

Howell has been excellent in place of Landry, he is a playmaker on the defense and special teams.

Losing Donald Thomas was a big hit to the offense, but Thornton has done very good in his place, especially in establishing the run game.

Werner getting injured wasn't that big for me, because we knew that Walden was right there to play for him. Walden had a average game today and he feel into bad spots where he had to cover a slot receiver. 

I was really excited about how much time Luck seemed to have in the pocket. I also liked how Luck wasn't a deer in the headlights against one of the best defenses in the league. We are finding ways to win and adjusting throughout the game. I like it.

i dont see that.  most of the game luck was getting destroyed.  he didnt seem to have a lot of time in the pocket

Here let me fix that for ya.  He didn't seem to have a lot of time in the pocket...against one of the best defensive pressure units in the game.

i am missing the point here?

the oline is designed to keep the qb clean.  they didnt do so.  is it ok to let luck take a bunch of hits based on opponent?  if so then i dont like that strategy

"only"

You forget thats a very big physical and quite good Seattle D line. Overall from what I saw our O line did alright. Not great but for not being complete healthy either I think it was a good job overall as far as pass pro. Run game we were just out done. Too much size and physicality from Seattle. I mean they got 330lb DEs. They just clog everything up well a generate a good push. Dinfinatley still some work needed but not bad. In my eyes at least. Were never gonna be perfect and win every battle and matchup up front. If your looking or waiting for that then you will be waiting for a very long time. Defense wins sometimes, thats just how the game goes. They have some very good players too.

the oline is designed to keep the qb clean.  they didnt do so.  is it ok to let luck take a bunch of hits based on opponent?  if so then i dont like that strategy

Several of Lucks hits are because his wr's cant get open consistently or he hangs onto the ball to long

Several of Lucks hits are because his wr's cant get open consistently or he hangs onto the ball to long

valid point

but that doesn't change the fact that mcglynn and satele should not be starters and are getting luck drilled way too much

valid point

but that doesn't change the fact that mcglynn and satele should not be starters and are getting luck drilled way too much

I agree, unfortunately I have no power to change that but Luck could help himself out some and scramble a little bit more often if no one is open or throw the ball away....The latter I dont recall him doing to this point at all this year....But I dont count how many times he throws the ball away so there could be a couple

the oline is designed to keep the qb clean. they didnt do so. is it ok to let luck take a bunch of hits based on opponent? if so then i dont like that strategy

Hits and pressures are gonna happen, sorry! Yes there are things we can work on and there is always room for improvement but if your ecpecting perfection or us to get to a point where Luck get zero pressure, zero sacks and not a hand laid on him at all then your dreaming because thats not gonna happen. Defense wins sometimes man, gotta get used to it. They have some very good players too. It wasnt as bad as you think.

I can't help but get excited when I see our team beating quality football teams and doing so without key players in the lineup. We have played without ricky jean, landry, havili, bradshaw, and werner, and yet we still grind out victories. Next man up has never been more appropriate to say than now. Getting these players back can only help and only proves that we have good depth on our team for the first time in a long time. Oh and not to mention we already lost allen and thomas, so it's very easy to see this team going far.

Dont forget Ballard, that was a pretty big blow. If he didnt go down we still have our #1 pick next year

My point is that the defense gets paid too.  And case in point...it's one of the best front 4 in the league...especially when it comes to pass rush.  I'm not arguing that Mcglynn and Satele shouldn't be in there, but that's on the coaches and they probably feel Holmes is not ready and Satele is perhaps more seasoned.  We'll have to ask them.

Seattle is just as banged up as us..    every team is...  

It's the NFL ..  just saying..

Didn't mean to start an argument. Just seemed like he should have been killed during the game based on how much analysts say that Seattle has the best d-line/pass rush. Several times it seemed like Luck was able to go through his progressions, and wait for someone to get open.