Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I hope Richardson shuts every one of his critics up today (Seahawks Game)

BlueShoe

T-Rich is what he is. The biggest run he had today came with a gaping hole to run through. He doesn't have good vision and struggles to find a hole to run through. He can run ahead and get 3 yards. If you need 3 yards he will get you 3 yards. If you need 10 yards he will get you 3 yards.

Yep. I am actually surprised that Donald Brown has showed better vision while he was the one struggling with it in the past. Donald Brown just likes the pressure off him so that he can shine. He is perfect for the change of pace back after a primary power back has pounded the D resulting in some tired legs.

If you ask me if he is worth a first round pick, at this point I would have to say "no"

It doesn't help that the run blocking was horrible out there for most of the game.

Remember, it's only his third game with the Colts, and I'm seeing tons of improvement. Be patient. Many people on the forum want to see him have an immediate impact and there's not many players in the league that can do that in a month on a new team.

So, again, be patient.

Yep. I am actually surprised that Donald Brown has showed better vision while he was the one struggling with it in the past. Donald Brown just likes the pressure off him so that he can shine. He is perfect for the change of pace back after a primary power back has pounded the D resulting in some tired legs.

If you ask me if he is worth a first round pick, at this point I would have to say "no"

Yes it is too bad Brown is such an atrocious blocker.

It doesn't help that the run blocking was horrible out there for most of the game.

Remember, it's only his third game with the Colts, and I'm seeing tons of improvement. Be patient. Many people on the forum want to see him have an immediate impact and there's not many players in the league that can do that in a month on a new team.

So, again, be patient.

It is hard to be patient when he is doing the exact same things that made him expendable in Cleveland. 

So, again, be patient.

If these were the results we were seeing from him after being with the team an entire offseason, I would be a little concerned.

But he's literally learning everything week to week.

I'm not worried about Trent.

I'll keep waiting and he will keep averaging a low 3.xx YPC. He makes it look tough because he runs right into the line and then has to fight defenders to get his 3 yards. Runningbacks are known for coming in and making an imact right away. Doug Martin did it last year while missing his pro bowl guards. Richardson is 21 games into his pro career now. People need to stop giving him excuses.

Well Doug Martin must suck this year then because he's avg 3.4 ypc right????? I'm sure Tampa should just ditch him along with the Colts ditching Trent right, beneficial for both teams..... haha

*this is sarcasm if people can't tell.....

Is Doug missing his pro bowl guards this year because I sure as heck know Trent has none.........

Well Doug Martin must suck this year then because he's avg 3.4 ypc right????? I'm sure Tampa should just ditch him along with the Colts ditching Trent right, beneficial for both teams..... haha

*this is sarcasm if people can't tell.....

Is Doug missing his pro bowl guards this year because I sure as heck know Trent has none.........

Apparently I missed where Trent made the pro bowl as a rookie and nearly had 2000 yards from scrimmage.

Apparently I missed the point on why last year matters with regards to Trent playing for the Colts?????

You are right lets focus on this year where he is still underwhelming. Runningbacks are normally the easiest plug in and play position. Ahmad Bradshaw was looking great for us. Richardson has 10 times the ability he does yet it hasn't translated to success on the field. 

You are right lets focus on this year where he is still underwhelming. Runningbacks are normally the easiest plug in and play position. Ahmad Bradshaw was looking great for us. Richardson has 10 times the ability he does yet it hasn't translated to success on the field.

I agree he can be underwhelming with regards to break out runs but today I did see a RB blocking his life away for Luck and getting some very good tough runs and a critical first down breaking tackles towards the end of the game.

You gotta keep in mind this OL is absolutely atrocious, he's still learning the playbook. We aren't making excuses with him but if you look at the big picture with him saving Lucks butt on a per game basis and getting some very tough hard earned first downs, the rest will come in time (we all hope).

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year. We see when holes are there he can run, could he create better ofc. Time will tell, it's only his third game with the Colts. I wouldn't give up on the guy yet at all.

My favorite part of people being mad that Richardson doesn't have 200+ yards and 2tds every game. Is that if he was doing that? People would be mad that we were running it too much, and want to throw it more.

I would suffice for like a 4.5-5.0ypc and ~90 yards. I loved his blocking today, and if he could only run like he did the end of the 3rd and n the 4th the whole game than that'd be great. I don't know of anyone who expects 200 and 2 a game lol.

Yes which is the most critical stat.... He's creating a positive impact though he's not gorging teams for 100+ yards, yet....

When we got him I feel as if it almost energized the team as crazy as it sounds...almost a Tebow-esque leadership quality impact j/k

Besides, a new RB does not always click right away no matter how talented he is. I sense he will have a breakout rushing game sometime this year.

I agree he can be underwhelming with regards to break out runs but today I did see a RB blocking his life away for Luck and getting some very good tough runs and a critical first down breaking tackles towards the end of the game.

You gotta keep in mind this OL is absolutely atrocious, he's still learning the playbook. We aren't making excuses with him but if you look at the big picture with him saving Lucks butt on a per game basis and getting some very tough hard earned first downs, the rest will come in time (we all hope).

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year. We see when holes are there he can run, could he create better ofc. Time will tell, it's only his third game with the Colts. I wouldn't give up on the guy yet at all.

So where were these non existent holes when Bradshaw was playing? We didn't invest a 1st round pick to have a guy that averages 3ypc and can block well. Maybe if this was 1980 this would be okay. The OL isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Castonzo has been really good most of this year. Our guards are terrible. Again it should take all year for Richardson to get in sync. 

He'll be fine.....be patient.

And he brings us good luck. 3-0 since the trade.

So is Cleveland

I would suffice for like a 4.5-5.0ypc and ~90 yards. I loved his blocking today, and if he could only run like he did the end of the 3rd and n the 4th the whole game than that'd be great. I don't know of anyone who expects 200 and 2 a game lol.

You never know around here lol.

its just weird but the blocking always seems suspect when Trent is running the ball. Also the type of run plays called when he is in tend to be more predictable than Brown.

I think he's going to be fine.

The run blocking when Luck is under center has been bad. Teams are still stacking the box because othen then T.Y no one else is a deep threat.  I noticed that Trent runs better without a fullback and when were in more 3 WR sets. Also most of Browns long runs have been out of shotgun when teams don't expect it.

its just weird but the blocking always seems suspect when Trent is running the ball. Also the type of run plays called when he is in tend to be more predictable than Brown.

I think he's going to be fine.

It does seem that Brown has had gaping holes to run through when he gets the ball. Need to see if it is the play calling or what that differs

So where were these non existent holes when Bradshaw was playing? We didn't invest a 1st round pick to have a guy that averages 3ypc and can block well. Maybe if this was 1980 this would be okay. The OL isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Castonzo has been really good most of this year. Our guards are terrible. Again it should take all year for Richardson to get in sync.

So is Cleveland

Yeah the OL is pretty terrible actually, considering Seattles patchwork OL looks much better. Bradshaw was with the team since camp, it wasn't like he came in during the season. I'm sure Bradshaw in general was much more familiar with this offense this why I'm willing to give Trent the benefit of the doubt unlike others. Some people hate the trade but did you really want to see DB and Kwilly blocking for Luck??