Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'rick Rogers activated from PS

HtownColt

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is he is DUMB on the field, Buffalo let him go for simply not knowing the playbook.    And just being an A HOLE, a very entitled soul for someone who has traveled his path.

Oh well, McDonalds is always looking for help.

He's got talent obviously.

Just can't be dumb off the field and he'll do just fine.

Problem is he is DUMB on the field, Buffalo let him go for simply not knowing the playbook.    And just being an A HOLE, a very entitled soul for someone who has traveled his path.

And yet the colts not only added him to their practice squad, but elevated him to the active roster.  how do you explain that?

OK DaRick fanboys...     He will NOT take snaps from Wayne, He will NOT take snaps from DHB, He will NOT take snaps from TY (he is the reason dude is activated, along with Reid) if healthy, and he won't take snaps from Griff.

So where are his snaps coming from unless Indy goes 5 wide?  NFL teams do not roll into games with just 3 1/2 wr's. 

It's called insurance.

He will be out there a few plays

I will be interested to see what(if anything) they do with Darick this week.  I'm sure they had to get some ideas from that 49ers/Falcons playoff game where Julio Jones got loose on the Niners defense. I'm curious to see how they will use Heward Bey and possibly Rogers this week.

OK DaRick fanboys...     He will NOT take snaps from Wayne, He will NOT take snaps from DHB, He will NOT take snaps from TY (he is the reason dude is activated, along with Reid) if healthy, and he won't take snaps from Griff.

So where are his snaps coming from unless Indy goes 5 wide?  NFL teams do not roll into games with just 3 1/2 wr's. 

It's called insurance.

For the most part you make sense, but what exactly has Whalen done to keep people from getting snaps ahead of him?

Not a whole heck of a lot. If there is a particular defensive package the Niners are giving us where Rogers might be a better fit in the personnel package why not?

I feel like Da'Rick Rogers is going to be a solid wide receiver, but he is not there yet mentally or in his on-the-field game. He needs to refine some things and he needs to mature, but I think that he is the PERFECT option to develop behind Reggie Wayne for the next 2-3 years. Rogers won't see many reps this Sunday or at all this season IMO unless a lot of injuries hit. With Wayne, Heyward-Bey, Hilton, Fleener, and now Richardson as passing weapons.. we are absolutely fine.

Do you even know anything about the kid ? Ya he made mistakes, but if you listen to him, he sure as hell doesnt sound dumb like some other that have came out. You have no ideal why buffalo let him go, or if he is A Hole. You act like you was in the locker room during Training camp, just sit back and see what develops, cause he might end up making you look dumb. 

He was released Aug 26, look it up yourself...  

There is a good reason this clown was not drafted and released by a team that is injury riddled at WR.

Spoon feed yourself.

Do you even know anything about the kid ? Ya he made mistakes, but if you listen to him, he sure as heck doesnt sound dumb like some other that have came out. You have no ideal why buffalo let him go, or if he is A Hole. You act like you was in the locker room during Training camp, just sit back and see what develops, cause he might end up making you look dumb. 

He was released Aug 26, look it up yourself...

There is a good reason this clown was not drafted and released by a team that is injury riddled at WR.

Spoon feed yourself.

So what else is going on in the bills locker room since your seem to be in there. Btw now he is on a active 53 man roster, must be doing something right..I only see one a hole in this instance....I'm not saying he's going to do anything this game but this is america people get second and third chances. Get over yourself. If the kid a chance to redeem himself.

As a Tennessee fan, I have some serious heart burn about Da'rick Rogers so may not be the best qualified to discuss him.  He's big and physical and has obvious talent which I wish Tennessee had for 4 years.  He took plays off and some analyst say that this was only when he wasn't the primary target.  Regardless, he took plays off.  His off field incidents and subsequent pouting turned the fans off.

If the Colts can motivate Rogers to bring his talent to the field, especially across the middle, we may have something.  Here's hoping Da'rick turns out to be a good pickup for the Colts.

Probably, Wel...uh, I mean Whalen plays slot and Rogers spells off Hey-Bey and Reggie...normally, Brazill would be doing this.

If Brazill was available, Rogers would not be active because he has not spent enough time to learn the O.

Being that Brazil has been suspended and Rogers has been working in it for a few weeks, Rogers may have more reps in it.  Also im not saying Brazil is bad at all but Rogers is a way more gifted athlete but needs a kick in the rear and a team to look out for him.  Its possible he would have beat him out anyways.

I think wayne bey and rodgers will be our main receivers this week with ty dinged up and whalen as fourth option. Rodgers can play deep or in slot and can run over people.

I hope TY can play but it would be good to see what we got in Rogers so far.  TY is a proven deep threat that the defense has to account for.  While Rogers was a great deep threat in college, he hasnt had the chance to do it in the NFL.

For the most part you make sense, but what exactly has Whalen done to keep people from getting snaps ahead of him?

Not a whole heck of a lot. If there is a particular defensive package the Niners are giving us where Rogers might be a better fit in the personnel package why not?

Considering he is a great run blocker and probably the best one we have at WR that chance is a little better on some packages we have ran this year.

Brought back some memories.  Da'rick handles the ball well in traffic and after contact.  He didn't fumble the ball after getting multiple hits and even dragged some defenders for extra yards.  If we can get this out of him ....

Guest TeamLoloJones

A team can just nab him if they wanted to. They don't need to make an offer.

Actually we can counter any team trying to sign a practice squad player of ours if we place him on our active roster.

he was activated for a reason, ya also have to see what ya got in him in game time action, if he dont learn those plays or quits then he is gone

I believe he has to be on the 53 a minimum of 3 games before he can be cut. After the next 2 games we will have to deal with Brazil being activated and for one game Rogers will have to remain on the team that means Brazil, Reed, or Whalen will be cut.

Being that Brazil has been suspended and Rogers has been working in it for a few weeks, Rogers may have more reps in it.  Also im not saying Brazil is bad at all but Rogers is a way more gifted athlete but needs a kick in the rear and a team to look out for him.  Its possible he would have beat him out anyways.

Brazil has been learning this offense since April. I believe even during the suspension he can practice but not play in games.