Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To those wanting to fire well everyone

antipatriot

Look at the Oakland Raiders the last ten years and what a lack consistency has done there

Look at the KC Chiefs struggles the last few years

Look at the Dolphins

I could go on and on about the teams who change their coaching staff etc. every couple of years, they take forever to turn things around. 

And cutting every player who has a bad game etc. well that doesnt help either.  Do we need to improve absolutely, do we have problems yes what team doesnt, a staff needs at least three years and we have made strides and major ones in two.

So I am not happy about losing to the Dolphins especially at home I think we could have beat them however I like where this team is headed I think we are going to be an elite team sooner rather than later.  We Colts fan are a spoiled bunch just remember we have had it so good for so long. 

Give it a little time

When we start losing next week then it will be time to fire everyone even Andy Luck ( Just kidding )

I agree with your sentiment. People need to relax and let the season unfold. There's a lot to be excited about. I understand that we're all passionate about this team and have high hopes, but some fans act like if we don't win the SuperBowl by week two, then we need to fire everyone.

That's only because his USC team was making more $$$ than his Seahawks.  Sarcasm!

OOOOOOOOHHH SNAP!!

I don't think there will be a single team go undefeated this year, though I could see the Broncos proving me wrong (especially when they get Von and Champ back).  Losses happen to literally every team every year except for 1 team ever in NFL history.  It's not a big deal.  And many people on here predicted something between 10 and 12 wins.  The Dolphins are a very good team with solid coaching, a sound defense, and an underrated QB in Tannehill.  No need to panic, folks.  Sometimes, a loss is exactly what a team needs to not get complacent and get to work to be better

I agree that unfortunately I don't think there will be magical Super Bowl run this year. What puzzles me is that last year we were in a similar situation but at least the young players got plenty of reps. Why aren't Holmes, Werner, and some of the other young players getting more snaps?

The record last season had everyone thinking this team was ready to advance into the playoffs. We are still building the Beast so to say but it is not built yet. Look at the total turnover of players in the last two years and in reality being as good as they are is surprising. Going 11-5 after catching lightning in a bottle was fun to watch and had everyones hopes sky high but there is still a lot of work to be done. Looking at the team that went 2-14 season before and where the Colts are now makes me think things are not all that bad. We need at least one more round of good draft picks for this team to be a total unit. We have seen glimpses of great plays made by some very good players but this team hasn't been together long enough to play as a strong unit. The Colts are on the uprise but sometimes when you take two step ahead you have to take one step back on the way to moving forward. It is frustrating to all Colt fans to see anything negative but thats the nature of the NFL. Lets just stay COLTS STRONG!

I agree that unfortunately I don't think there will be magical Super Bowl run this year. What puzzles me is that last year we were in a similar situation but at least the young players got plenty of reps. Why aren't Holmes, Werner, and some of the other young players getting more snaps?

Last season the young players (Ballard, Hilton, Fleener, Brazill, Allen, Luck) got plenty of reps because:

Ballard was one of the 2 best backs on the roster so he shared snaps with Brown

Hilton and Brazill because Arians used a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets

Fleener and Allen were the 2 best TE's on the roster

Luck needs no explanation

More often than not, rookies will be brought along more slowly than these guys were last year.  these guys were thrown into the fire because they had to be.  Look at Dion Jordan, he was the 3rd pick in the draft and he's being brought along in about the same manner as Werner.  :)

Last season the young players (Ballard, Hilton, Fleener, Brazill, Allen, Luck) got plenty of reps because:

Ballard was one of the 2 best backs on the roster so he shared snaps with Brown

Hilton and Brazill because Arians used a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets

Fleener and Allen were the 2 best TE's on the roster

Luck needs no explanation

More often than not, rookies will be brought along more slowly than these guys were last year.  these guys were thrown into the fire because they had to be.  Look at Dion Jordan, he was the 3rd pick in the draft and he's being brought along in about the same manner as Werner.   :)

I understand that. So would you rather continue sitting them? I guess it really bothers me because Walden and Satele are known commodities and they aren't anything special but Holmes and Walden are unknown quantities with potential.

I understand that. So would you rather continue sitting them? I guess it really bothers me because Walden and Satele are known commodities and they aren't anything special but Holmes and Walden are unknown quantities with potential.

Holmes hasn't been fully healthy so it really doesn't matter.  Walden has been doing what he was brought here to do and that's set the edge in the running game.  He has done that with the exception of against Pryor, and NO ONE set the edge against Pryor.  Werner will continue getting more and more snaps as the season progresses and eventually I'm sure he'll move into the starting lineup when they feel he's become better than one of the existing starters.  No need to rush him in while he's still learning and adjusting to the NFL since we have capable starters ahead of him.

Holmes hasn't been fully healthy so it really doesn't matter.  Walden has been doing what he was brought here to do and that's set the edge in the running game.  He has done that with the exception of against Pryor, and NO ONE set the edge against Pryor.  Werner will continue getting more and more snaps as the season progresses and eventually I'm sure he'll move into the starting lineup when they feel he's become better than one of the existing starters.  No need to rush him in while he's still learning and adjusting to the NFL since we have capable starters ahead of him.

Ok that makes sense. I hadn't heard of Holmes being down. What do you think of the Werner-Terrell Suggs comparisons?

The thing is dhb has to become a force opposite wayne and then we would score 30 plus a game.wayne and hilton can't do it all. Also if allen would stay healthy our offense would be much better.

I think they have done fine. I believe Luck learning to audiblize to a good play when he recognizes the blitz is key.

Holmes could stand to get a little stronger in the weight room. I would like to see Werner and Thornton become starters though.

Holmes could stand to get a little stronger in the weight room. I would like to see Werner and Thornton become starters though.

I agree. I know that Luck needs to work on getting rid or the ball quicker but a good line could be an immense help. God forbid if Luck got hurt or shell shocked a la David Carr. I think Grigson is trying to help Pagano build a Raven-like defense. I think they'll try to draft Tuitt. Maybe they could sign Veldheer in free agency and have a really solid line for Luck.