Everyone

My own rankings based on their criteria:

Intelligence:

1. Luck

2. Wilson

3. RG3

4. Kaep

5. Newton

The margin between 2, 3, and 4 is very small.  The margin between 4 and 5 is bigger though.  I don't see Newton being able to read complex defenses, know where the blitz is coming from, making audibles at the line, etc.

Accuracy:

1. Wilson

2. Luck

3. Kaep

4. RG3

5. Newton

Newton has a cannon for an arm, but his passes can go wild sometimes.  And Kaep has been known to have some accuracy issues.  Wilson throws one of the prettiest passes in the league and Luck's accuracy is much better than his completion percentage says.  As for RG3, the issue with his knee and being able to plant off of it to throw was a big deal last week.  Hopefully it isn't a big deal in his career, but so far, he hasn't shown much to be proud of in terms of accuracy.

Durability:

1. Luck

2. Newton

3. Kaep

4. Wilson

5. RG3

Luck took a beating last year and still played every snap.  Newton has shown he can scramble and run into guys and still be fine; he's huge too, so his body can take some hits.  Kaep is also pretty big, so his body can handle it.  Wilson is a smaller guy, so I don't think he can take it as well.  And RG3's injury is well documented.

Urgency:

1. Luck

2. Wilson

3. Kaep

4. RG3

5. Newton

Luck has led many 4th quarter comebacks.  Wilson has done the same.  Kaep hasn't needed to since his team is so good, but he and RG3 are both able to make plays when needed.

Overall:

1. Luck

2. Wilson

3. Kaep

4. RG3

5. Newton

Keep in mind these are just my own personal rankings based on my opinions.  Kaep is a more dominant player physically than Wilson, but I think Wilson understands the game better than Kaep.  When your body slows down, you have to use your mind to help you win.  That's why I give Wilson a slight advantage over Kaep

Even though it's nice to read good things about Luck, the article doesn't bring anything to the table other than an opinion and barely anything backing it up.

Still nice to get the recognition.

I agree.  The sentiment is nice and I agree with it but the quality of the article itself (if you can call it an article) is terrible.

Sorry, I'm unable to add my views just yet, as I appear to have misplaced my horseshoe rimmed blue tinted spectacles. What does shock me is that everyone on this Colts forum thinks Luck is the best. What a surprise.

So which is in your opinion? Wilson? I think he's a close second overall and in intelligence( maybe equal there) but Luck has better size, durability, and strength. Speed and agility are close too. I don't see how Wilson edges out.

So which is in your opinion? Wilson? I think he's a close second overall and in intelligence( maybe equal there) but Luck has better size, durability, and strength. Speed and agility are close too. I don't see how Wilson edges out.

I agree with that. Also, being short has zero advantages as an NFL QB, even though he has overcome a lot of it.  Just think, Brees is considered short and he's a couple of inches shorter than Brees.

It's like comparing a Glenlivet to a Glenmorangie. Also too early to tell. And measuring football intelligence is something I just can't fathom. If you pushed me, I'd say Luck, Wilson and Kaep are significantly better prospects than the other two. But with so many moveable parts on each team, comparisons are pretty impossible. It's like the Manning v Brady argument all over again. Impossible.

For the record, I would not trade Luck for ANY other QB in the league, full stop.

21isSuperman's list is a lot closer to mine than that of the article. I would change a couple of things though. Switch Kaep and Griffin in the accuracy and intelligence categories. I would also consider putting Kaep ahead of Newton on the durability list. The much better talent around him will lessen the opportunities of him taking a big hit.

Tannehill and Cousins also deserve some love on the young talented qb list. I would put Tannehill ahead of Newton on the overall list. Cousins has a very small sample pool, but hes been impressive every time he took the field. If not for the fact that Griffin is an injury just waiting to happen, Cousins could be great trade bait. I would much rather have him than any qb currently on the jets, titans, vikings or jags rosters

It's like comparing a Glenlivet to a Glenmorangie. Also too early to tell. And measuring football intelligence is something I just can't fathom. If you pushed me, I'd say Luck, Wilson and Kaep are significantly better prospects than the other two. But with so many moveable parts on each team, comparisons are pretty impossible. It's like the Manning v Brady argument all over again. Impossible.

For the record, I would not trade Luck for ANY other QB in the league, full stop.

or to this

1305283527781.jpg