Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Named Starter

Case

Painter as the starter is fine with me. Painter is showing signs, I believe if the O Line keeps Painter upright he will be fine. The running game has improved so if the running game is working Curtis can make a few things happen. I feel he will put up some points this week. I know it is the Chiefs but it is a start. Go Colts.

Painter as the starter is fine with me. Painter is showing signs, I believe if the O Line keeps Painter upright he will be fine. The running game has improved so if the running game is working Curtis can make a few things happen. I feel he will put up some points this week. I know it is the Chiefs but it is a start. Go Colts.

I agree. He gives us a better chance to win. I think he will only get better. Colts 24 KC 17

Hallelujah... thank god we named him the starter. He's so much better than Collins. We can't put in a 38 year old with a concussion who's done horribly for the Colts. Caldwell made a *gulp* good decision.

I sure hope he pulls through here! I picked him up for my fantasy team. I had Cutler and Henne. Cutler is going to get massacred, and Henne is out for the season. (Peyton is in my IR) It is slim pick'ns in the QB category on my league, but I have faith in Curtis!

I thought polian named him starter tuesday.

OCT 5th

Polian announces Painter " most likely " to start, Caldwell says to early to decide

By Mike Foss, USA TODAY

Despite eventually losing the game, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian said quarterback Curtis Painter will most likely remain the starter after passing for 281 yards and two touchdowns in his first Monday Night Football appearance.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/eric...

Caldwell was asked if Curtis Painter would be the starter for Sunday’s home game against Kansas City. Painter, a third-year pro from Purdue, completed 13-of-30 passes for 281 yards with two TDs against the Buccaneers in his first NFL start. He was sacked four times, one of those resulting in a lost fumble.

“We’re not going to make that decision today,” Caldwell said. “I can tell you he did the things we asked him to do. Obviously you can see he had some bright spots, but we’ll see how things go the next day or so.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111004/SPORTS03/111004013/Colts-D...

OCT 5th

Polian announces Painter " most likely " to start, Caldwell says to early to decide

By Mike Foss, USA TODAY

Despite eventually losing the game, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian said quarterback Curtis Painter will most likely remain the starter after passing for 281 yards and two touchdowns in his first Monday Night Football appearance.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/eric...

Caldwell was asked if Curtis Painter would be the starter for Sunday’s home game against Kansas City. Painter, a third-year pro from Purdue, completed 13-of-30 passes for 281 yards with two TDs against the Buccaneers in his first NFL start. He was sacked four times, one of those resulting in a lost fumble.

“We’re not going to make that decision today,” Caldwell said. “I can tell you he did the things we asked him to do. Obviously you can see he had some bright spots, but we’ll see how things go the next day or so.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111004/SPORTS03/111004013/Colts-D...

Nothing like being decisive.

We need to have at least 30 rushes to win. give joe the ball!!!

I don't think we have to put a number on the amount of rushes we need. If the defense is stacking the box and we are completing passes and moving the chains, fine, throw the ball until the defense adjusts. Do what works. Just don't call 10 pass plays out of twelve snaps, with only two completions, and then wonder why you can't score more than 17 points.

We need to have at least 30 rushes to win. give joe the ball!!!

Idk i would like to see more of carter, he seems like a really explosive guy... but i do agree the colts need to run the ball much more so curtis painter doesnt have to throw the ball as much as peyton.

Caldwell sure is seemingly more like a puppet figure these days like people speculate. We always hear more from Irsay than Caldwell.

I have not been one to believe the puppet stuff, but the Colts do not do a good job with the image that he is a puppet.

First he doesn't know about Collins being signed while Irsay is tweeting away about how he is on the team. Then Polian basically says of course Painter will start, Caldwell says no decisions have been made, and now he is saying that he said that Painter will be starting earlier in the week which completely contradicts what he actually said earlier in the week.

Glad to see they are sticking with Painter, but they need to run the freaking ball more. Painter is not good enough to carry this team and throw the ball 30 times. Carter and JA should be pounding that rock.

Thankfully the Chiefs pass rush is practically nonexistent so he should not be harassed to much.

Hopefully we run the ball more and Painter can build on his play from last week.

Idk i would like to see more of carter, he seems like a really explosive guy... but i do agree the colts need to run the ball much more so curtis painter doesnt have to throw the ball as much as peyton.

I love the idea in theory. But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Which has happened to the Colts many times before. They try to run, but 3rd and 6 says they pass.

The good thing is: The players still support Painter and they arent shy about saying so..

If he can just be a bit quicker about aborting a play and throwing the ball away...I think we'll be okay the next two weeks..

He found Garcon last week. Wayne likes him....

..we just need to win ONE darn GAME and we might see a more confident performance from everyone..

I love the idea in theory. But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Which has happened to the Colts many times before. They try to run, but 3rd and 6 says they pass.

Yea true, there were a couple times when the colts tried to run the ball in the bucs game and there was absolutely nothing... ive never seen so many defenders in a backfield like that... it should be a good game for the colts, definitely wanna see how the Oline performs with all the shifts

When have we ever really heard Caldwell say anything??

With the exception of the corny website videos of "Colts Minute With Jim Caldwell." Durr... we need to play 60 minutes, our special teams needs to be good, our offense needs to be good, our defense needs to be good, we need to play mistake-free football, blah blah blah.

Sending some good luck haha his way! :blueshoe:

In all honesty, I think his game play has improved since the Green Bay game, and still think he is a better fit for the offense with a faster release than Collins.

It looks like the jitter bugs have left. He looks a lot calmer in the pocket, but his awareness needs to improve. With the O-line pass blocking the way it has and now being banged up, if he is going to have to hold onto the ball he def. needs to practice handling and securing the ball.

He is still missing on a lot of throws, granted some were dropped passes, but he got lucky more than a couple of times with the ball not being intercepted. (I seen at least 2 possible pick 6's)

It feels like the team is more rallied behind him, not to mean any disrespect for Collins, but to me they seem to try a little harder, that's not the right phrase, just more cohesion is what I guess I'm trying to say.

He is our true backup and the changed needed to be made. At this point I think the decision is still solely based on health status, and this game is going to be the one to cement a decision one way or another.