Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Raiders Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans! :)   NFL regular season is finally here!  Our  Indianapolis Colts begin  their second year of the post-Peyton Manning era with the leadership and direction of Head Coach Chuck Pagano, QB Andrew Luck, and General Manager Ryan Grigson.  These three men primarily, along with the rest of the Colts players, coaches, support team, and front office, were responsible for the tremendous turnaround from their 2-11 season, to an 11-5 record in 2012 and reaching the NFL playoffs.   Colts and their fans look for another, and perhaps better 2013 season, and expectations are  high for the Colts to be a Super Bowl-caliber team.

Colts have won 10 of their last regular season home openers, but their last one occurred four years ago where they defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars 14-12 at LOS back on September 16, 2009.  Colts won their first 15 regular season games that year, finishing with a 14-2 record, but lost to eventual Super Bowl  XLIV champion New Orleans Saints 31-14 in Miami.

Raiders are making their first regular season appearance in Indianapolis since October 10, 2004.  Colts broke a four game regular season losing streak over the Raiders that day, winning 35-14. Indianapolis subsequently won the next two games at Oakland - 21-14 on December 16, 2007, and in the recent meeting winning 31-26, back on December 26, 2010 where the Colts have a current three game winning streak over the Raiders entering this afternoon. 

Highlights from that 2010 Colts/Raider game included three touchdown passes from Peyton Manning  -  18 yards to Jacob Tamme, 4 yards to Blair White, and 7 yards to Pierre Garcon. Joseph Addai  also scored his 6 yard touchdown run to start the Colts scoring in the first quarter,  and Adam Vinatieri  kicked 4 PATs, and a 30-yard field goal to complete the Colts scoring for their 31-26 victory.

Colts wide receiver Darius Heyward-Bey faces his former team, the Raiders, as their opponent since being released on March 13. DHB was knocked unconscious by the Steelers Ryan Mundy in the end zone in his last offensive play as a Raider  in the end zone back on September 23, 2012. Heyward-Bey lied motionless in the end zone in ten minuites before being removed by an ambulance.

LOS's roof may be closed for this afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because clear and partly cloudy skies at 74 degrees is the local forecast, along with 71% humidity, 0%  precipitation, and and mild north/northeastern winds at 4 miles per hour.

Marv Albert and former NFL veteran QB Rich Gannon are announcing the live TV game commentary for the NFL On CBS,  regionally seen in parts of northern Kentucky and Nevada, Houston, TX,  and most of California and Indiana, including locally in Indianapolis on WISH-TV CBS 8, seen live on HD.

Bob Lamey, our  'Voice Of The Colts,' is announcing the live radio game play-by-play, along with former Colt QB Jim Sorgi, and sideline reporter Matt Taylor, simulcast on Colts flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070 AM, and WLHK Country 98.1, and throughout the Tri-States on the  Colts Vectren/Radio Network.

Visiting Raiders are wearing the white jerseys and silver pants on the field today, while the host Colts are wearing their traditional blue jerseys, and white pants.

NO injuries, and let's hope Andrew Luck and company start off opening Sunday with a win!   Continue to stay Colts Strong, and GO COLTS!!!!!   :cheer:  :rock:  :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshorse:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :1colts:  :coltslogo:  :cheer:  :D

Complete Colts Vs. Raiders Press Release and Pregame Report:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2013/gamerelease-reg01.pdf

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Colts-Game-Report/04868715-25b0-4d9d-b96a-4cdd67c82821

Colts And Raiders Pregame Team Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.raiders.com/team/injury-report.html

Colts Vs. Raiders NFL Gamecenter, and NFL On CBS TV Distribution Map (In Yellow):

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090805/2013/REG1/raiders@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://506sports.com/

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure would like to be at the game today, but that's another story. The BIG story in northern Indiana is that the game is NOT televised! Comcast cable is carrying 3 NFC north games. This is week one Comcast - get your head out and give fans what they are paying for!

I have Comcast, but I live in Indy. So if they didn't carry the game there would be a revolt against them.

Yyyyyyeweeeewwweewwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghggggffsasdsghjnbgfhghhjcjxudsywofodizkxoclvblcuxtsaasudhxixicivobovkcuxyxyzuducuxtstwrrqtqtasujx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wwwwwwwwwwwwewwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeqqwwqwww!!!!!!

New keyboard time?