Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams at Denver (8-24-13)

oldunclemark

Strong showing on offense by the Broncos....

....LT Clady makes a big difference and Manning seems in peak form.

Its not smart for Von Miller to play when he's suspended for 6 games....let his backup playfor obvious reasons 

But they will have problems rushing the passer for the forseable future

they are built for shootouts...light up the scoreboard

That was a strong showing? Four Turnovers? Lucky for them they were playing the Rams or else it would have been a similar to their other beat downs this preseason. Here are my thoughts:

1) Manning looks good but there is a HUGE issue at RB for this team. Hillman can't hang on to the ball and Ball is an average runner at best that can't block. Manning threw 34 times in the FIRST half. Major issues in Denver. For sure Manning can carry things but for how long? He can't throw 60-70 times a game all season. Not behind that Oline.

2) The defense is horrific. No Miller, No Doom, and no Bailey. It is painful to watch. Fox needs to come up with something between now and the Ravens game as Ray Rice is going to toast them.

3) The first six games will go a long way in deciding Denver's season and where they end up for the playoffs. Manning knows it is all on him at this point. I expect him to rise to the challenge but at age 37, Denver is doing him no favors.

That was a strong showing? Four Turnovers? Lucky for them they were playing the Rams or else it would have been a similar to their other beat downs this preseason. Here are my thoughts:

1) Manning looks good but there is a HUGE issue at RB for this team. Hillman can't hang on to the ball and Ball is an average runner at best that can't block. Manning threw 34 times in the FIRST half. Major issues in Denver. For sure Manning can carry things but for how long? He can't throw 60-70 times a game all season. Not behind that Oline.  ARTICLE says same thing 

2) The defense is horrific. No Miller, No Doom, and no Bailey. It is painful to watch. Fox needs to come up with something between now and the Ravens game as Ray Rice is going to toast them.

3) The first six games will go a long way in deciding Denver's season and where they end up for the playoffs. Manning knows it is all on him at this point. I expect him to rise to the challenge but at age 37, Denver is doing him no favors.

I am here only to answer your questions once asked about RB's & Mannings passing attempts from only article I hadf time to  scan and agree with

Hillman is crazy ridiculous , another fumble leads to another TD putting then farther behind, he is great at stalling a teams momentum and giving the others confidence , 3 fumbles in 2 partime paying time in games, HE IS NOW A MARKED MAN and players know he can be stripped

( love how Holiday fumbled a punt too , luckily Denver got it back for him )

Here is what Hillman  below in aricle  said  & some article excerpts RE points 1 & 2,  (((   Point 3 , there defense , i dont even want to get started on nor their special teams, blocked FG, another game another great  return , no TD but within a few yards on missed assignments

HERE IS ARTICLE

If the Broncos want Peyton Manning's right shoulder to remain attached to his surgically repaired neck, they had better come up with at least a token running game.

Otherwise, Manning will be throwing 40 passes a game. He can't do that. He's 37 years old. His arm will wear out.

Wait a minute. Never mind 40. How about 70 passes a game? In the Broncos' 27-26 preseason victory over the St. Louis Rams on Saturday night at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Manning threw 34 passes — in the first half.

"I just have to focus on what I have to improve on," Hillman said. "I had two hands on the ball. He just got it out. I have to hold on tighter I guess."  

(( pretty sad to me ))

Olgetree is good BTW

Dont quote me, have to go, already way behind  , will answer OP and am off )

http://"I just have to focus on what I have to improve on," Hillman said. "I had two hands on the ball. He just got it out. I have to hold on tighter I guess."

Its not smart for Von Miller to play when he's suspended for 6 games....let his backup playfor obvious reasons 

Reason Denver is giving after suspension came down as to why he still is taking first team snaps in practice is so he gets as much experience in as possible so less rust when comes back

I agree with u though, let the team that will start for the first 6 games play together

Dont quote me please, I am behind as noted in \my answer above and just squezzing in these 2 comments and am off

PS , forgot  & ball dropped a pass near the goal line and ended with 3 points

GET BACK WILLIS

PEYTONS  25 completions were more than he threw in seven of Denver’s games in 2012.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton%E2%80%99s-Take-Broncos-vs-Rams/5f60a4bf-811d-48b5-89f1-f5e23f4e36d1

BYE  for real

Well oldunclemark I knew as soon as you posted something about the Broncos you would be blasted by the know everything about every team amfootball.  haha  For a fan of the Patriots she spends an awful lot of time on the Colts Forum. :scratch:  I would think that she would spend more time on the Patriots Forum and just visit us once in a while. :dunno: 

A pathetic  Win for the Broncos....  No where near the Great play of the Patriots vs. Lions this week... ;)

If he stays healthy and the receivers don't get hurt, Manning might have the best season by a QB in NFL history. 5000 yards and 45+ TDs is not out of the question. This is the best all around receiving group he has ever had. Yes, better than Wayne and Harrison. They have two stud wide receivers, a great tight end and Wes Welker..... :)

Well oldunclemark I knew as soon as you posted something about the Broncos you would be blasted by the know everything about every team amfootball.  haha  For a fan of the Patriots she spends an awful lot of time on the Colts Forum. :scratch:  I would think that she would spend more time on the Patriots Forum and just visit us once in a while. :dunno:

But I like you guys more. Isn't thst obvious? :cheer2:

Well this is promising to be another Patriots vs Broncos thread. CAN'T WAIT haha

Doesn't it? lol. And probably warning points for me, but alas, I can't indulge. Not today anyways. It wouldn't matter I suppose as any comment made about the Broncos is automatically taken as me building up the Pats who have issues of their own. In the end Manning and Brady will save the day, right? :)

If he stays healthy and the receivers don't get hurt, Manning might have the best season by a QB in NFL history. 5000 yards and 45+ TDs is not out of the question. This is the best all around receiving group he has ever had. Yes, better than Wayne and Harrison. They have two stud wide receivers, a great tight end and Wes Welker..... :)

But no Oline or Run game ... no Freeney or Mathias either. Their best imitators are gone - one via fax fiasco, and the other too much weed ....

Well oldunclemark I knew as soon as you posted something about the Broncos you would be blasted by the know everything about every team amfootball. haha For a fan of the Patriots she spends an awful lot of time on the Colts Forum. :scratch: I would think that she would spend more time on the Patriots Forum and just visit us once in a while. :dunno:

This post right here just answered ALOT of lingering questions for me! Thank you Susie!

?

Those two STUD wide receivers have yet to come close to Harrison & Wayne. They may some day, but not close yet.

Wes Welker? Brandon Stokley?

I don't keep up with all things Broncos, so please...... who is that great tight end they have?

And they don't have a RB close to Addai, let alone Edge.

?

Those two STUD wide receivers have yet to come close to Harrison & Wayne. They may some day, but not close yet.

I don't keep up with all things Broncos, so please...... who is that great tight end they have?

I think you are underestimating Demaryius Thomas.....sky is the limit for that guy. 94 1440 10 is pretty impressive

?

Addai?? What!? Addai was awful after his rookie year. His pass block was good, but notice he isn't with the team nor any other team for that matter.

?

They have two running backs better than Addai. Julius Thomas is the tight end and he is better right now than anything the Colts have. Those two receivers were very close to Harrison and Wayne production last year. They will be even better this year. Brandon Stokley should not be mentioned in the same sentence with Wes Welker.... :)

?

But no Oline or Run game ... no Freeney or Mathias either. Their best imitators are gone - one via fax fiasco, and the other too much weed ....

Here is the big difference

1 Qucik   reply  as have a second then to MOm's , 

its a good receiving corp but rather have the 2004 stocklry, marvin &  wayne &   TE then Pollard ,. Clark , Utecht & hartstock

KEY DIFFERENCE is had a run game in  with edge & in later years addai even if  only 1-2 real good seasons running & healthy , the man could pass block when no run game so Peyton could throw can score

Now only onlly complete back is a brittle Moreno, Ball still cant bl;ock but did better yesterday than weak before but drops an easy pass, rookie mistake , as turned head to fast as was inside the 5 yard line, result oinly 3 points

Hillman what can u say , i noted before he is now a marked man as 3 fumbles , 2 leading to scores, in part time work in last 2 games, 

even if OL gels u need to pick up blitzers & even if as yesterday teams cover deep and peyton does long drives with short throws and some runs, sooner or later the yards  accumulating but the offensive stubs itself in the RB FOOT so to speak

No edge rushers is a big thing too , u got to get them off the field and some timely sacks

I think i am beingg quite objective, these mistakes must end , Ball has to learn that playbook, he is admit tingly finding it hard & Peyton has to stay on field to score 

Here is the big difference

1 Qucik   reply  as have a second then to MOm's , 

its a good receiving corp but rather have the 2004 stocklry, marvin &  wayne &   TE then Pollard ,. Clark , Utecht & hartstock

KEY DIFFERENCE is had a run game in  with edge & in later years addai even if  only 1-2 real good seasons running & healthy , the man could pass block when no run game so Peyton could throw can score

Now only onlly complete back is a brittle Moreno, Ball still cant bl;ock but did better yesterday than weak before but drops an easy pass, rookie mistake , as turned head to fast as was inside the 5 yard line, result oinly 3 points

Hillman what can u say , i noted before he is now a marked man as 3 fumbles , 2 leading to scores, in part time work in last 2 games, 

even if OL gels u need to pick up blitzers & even if as yesterday teams cover deep and peyton does long drives with short throws and some runs, sooner or later the yards  accumulating but the offensive stubs itself in the RB FOOT so to speak

No edge rushers is a big thing too , u got to get them off the field and some timely sacks

Denver has a great offensive line and they will have a very good run game too. They are very deep at running back. I was only talking offense here, I don't see what the defense stuff has to do with Manning having a great year. :)

They have two running backs better than Addai. 

Hillman and Moreno? No. His career YPC is better than Hillmans, on Par with Morenos and his fumble percentage puts there's to shame. He was a better pass blocker and pass catcher.

Julius Thomas is the tight end and he is better right now than anything the Colts have. 

Laughable. Dude has 1 catch for 5 yards in his entire career. His blocking his terrible. Allen puts this cat to shame.

Those two receivers were very close to Harrison and Wayne production last year. 

Thomas is good, but Decker is a middling #2 receiver. He couldn't hold wayne's jockstrap.

You bronco's fans crack me up.

Denver has a great offensive line and they will have a very good run game too. They are very deep at running back. I was only talking offense here, I don't see what the defense stuff has to do with Manning having a great year. :)

'

Please then i MUST go , time i am here is really , well should be less, 

I think i am being quite objective, these mistakes must end , Ball has to learn that playbook, he is admit tingly finding it hard & Peyton has to stay on field to score 

Defense as far as peyton scoring has to get other team off field, I say if RB mistakes are cleaned up, then yes sky is the limit for peyton

Please read my friend how the few posts i did today is really to muchj of my time, u must of noticed I am here far less and only have commented but nopt started a topic in a while and comments are limited

READ & have a good day as am off to mom now

Life is good but this is a sad post from me, Forum friends please read Re my future here

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19749-life-is-good-but-this-is-a-sad-post-from-me-forum-friends-please-read-re-my-future-here/

Hillman and Moreno? No. His career YPC is better than Hillmans, on Par with Morenos and his fumble percentage puts there's to shame. He was a better pass blocker and pass catcher.

Laughable. Dude has 1 catch for 5 yards in his entire career. His blocking his terrible. Allen puts this cat to shame.

Thomas is good, but Decker is a middling #2 receiver. He couldn't hold wayne's jockstrap.

You bronco's fans crack me up.

You broncos fans????... Uh, ok. With that said.. decker has great hands, good speed and runs good routes. The only player better than Decker on the colts is Wayne. TY Hilton may eb some day, but as of now, he isnt.

Addai?? What!? Addai was awful after his rookie year. His pass block was good, but notice he isn't with the team nor any other team for that matter.

What does not being in the league have to do with a comparison of present Broncos vs. 2000 Colts?

And, I take it you agree with the rest then.

No, he isn't and he wasn't better than Lance Ball either. The Broncos will have a very good running game and rushers who can catch passes too.  :)

'Will have' appears to be an opinion. Could work out, but it's not fact yet.

Lance Ball? He kinda lasted as a Colt for 1 year. So, no.

You broncos fans????... Uh, ok. With that said.. decker has great hands, good speed and runs good routes. The only player better than Decker on the colts is Wayne. TY Hilton may eb some day, but as of now, he isnt.

Is this a new discussion? Goodtimes reference was to past Colts teams (ie: Harrison & Wayne) vs. present Broncos.

That's great and all, but he said that Thomas + Decker was better than Harrison +Wayne. Not Thomas+Wayne > Wayne+Hilton.

Go back and read my posts.. Addai hasnt had a good rushing season since his rookie year. He was frankly bad. What TE do the colts have really? Allen.. He is ok, but hurt. Fleener?? He is awful.

Allen is better than anything the Broncos have.