Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where can I watch the game tonight?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

I'm not one to correct a person's grammar on a regular basis but it's "other than that". That's just one that really bugs me.

You say your not one to correct a person's grammar "then" you do what you just said you don't do. I apologize I was typing quickly and didn't catch the mistake.

Depends on where you live if you are in the Indianapolis viewing area it will be on WNDY as a local broadcast.  My guess is if you are by Cleveland they will also have some form of a local broadcast for it but it'll be from the Browns point of view.  Normally the NFL network replays all the pre-season games during the week but I do not think they will be showing this one live.

In case anyone is still reading this.  The NFL Network is playing "Preseason Whiparound" tonight during all of the big games, and they will play lots of live footage from the COLTS game.  Particularly RED ZONE possessions.  Word UP!

I'm not one to correct a person's grammar on a regular basis but it's "other than that". That's just one that really bugs me.

haha Well that went over about as well as one might expect. It's amusing that you chose such a subtle issue - considering the volume of posts here that are little more than unformed blurs of punctuation free stream of consciousness. I'm reasonably well educated and read, but I can NEVER remember which "th(a-e)n" is correct.

I also can't spell worth a lick, but my browser warns me and I'll correct myself before posting. But others? I may shake my head in confusion and disbelief sometimes, but as long as I can figure out what someone is trying to say it's really none of my business how they say it. Open that door, and suddenly you have to write forever after like William Safire to avoid the criticism coming back at you ten-fold. I can't, and the pressure to try would :censored: .

The same pressure you put on other people when you criticize them.

Has being the spelling or grammar police ever worked out well for anyone on a message board?  This is a message board people are going to make spelling and grammar mistakes, I know I do it because I have dyslexia, as long as you can understand what the person is saying and their point I don't really see the point in correcting their spelling and grammar.  Generally speaking people do it when they can't disprove with a person's point and they just don't like the point or it just takes away from the subject of the thread.  The later being the case here.  With that said I don't think the poster here was trying to be a jerk or anything it just doesn't work really well on a message board.  Just my two cents. 

Has being the spelling or grammar police ever worked out well for anyone on a message board?  This is a message board people are going to make spelling and grammar mistakes, I know I do it because I have dyslexia, as long as you can understand what the person is saying and their point I don't really see the point in correcting their spelling and grammar.  Generally speaking people do it when they can't disprove with a person's point and they just don't like the point or it just takes away from the subject of the thread.  The later being the case here.  With that said I don't think the poster here was trying to be a jerk or anything it just doesn't work really well on a message board.  Just my two cents. 

I hear you as I have dyslexia also. But mine is only related to numbers. Any time I write down numbers I have to double and triple check to see if I've inverted them. As far as the grammar police and those who do correct others mistakes I find a little annoying. We all can make a mistake or a typo. I wasn't aware we were taking a spelling or English test in the forum.  :hat:

Luckily because I live in Kentucky, I get games from a lot of different markets, so every Colts game besides the Thursday night game will be on CBS, Fox or ESPN here.

What TV market do you live in?

Here in the Evansville Market(SW Indiana, SE Illinois and Western Kentucky WTVW(CW) and WEHT(ABC) both sister stations are carring all the Colts game as well as Bears and Titans.

Wow, nice to see people on here from my parts.  I was born and raised in Newburgh, IN just outside of Evansville.  I then left for college in Warren County (Bowling Green, KY) at Western Kentucky University.  Never had a problem catching a Colts game before.  I've just moved to the ChicagoLand area and I'm not having nearly as much luck finding games as I'm used to :/  Ah well. 

haha Well that went over about as well as one might expect. It's amusing that you chose such a subtle issue - considering the volume of posts here that are little more than unformed blurs of punctuation free stream of consciousness. I'm reasonably well educated and read, but I can NEVER remember which "th(a-e)n" is correct.

I also can't spell worth a lick, but my browser warns me and I'll correct myself before posting. But others? I may shake my head in confusion and disbelief sometimes, but as long as I can figure out what someone is trying to say it's really none of my business how they say it. Open that door, and suddenly you have to write forever after like William Safire to avoid the criticism coming back at you ten-fold. I can't, and the pressure to try would :censored: .

The same pressure you put on other people when you criticize them.

Like I said, I'm not one to make a habit of criticizing people's grammar but that's one that seems to irk me more than most. 

If I think someone has just made a typo then I never point it out since we all make mistakes. But if I think that someone genuinely doesn't know what is correct then I will. There's no shame in not knowing something.

Like I said, I'm not one to make a habit of criticizing people's grammar but that's one that seems to irk me more than most.

If I think someone has just made a typo then I never point it out since we all make mistakes. But if I think that someone genuinely doesn't know what is correct then I will. There's no shame in not knowing something.

Like, where to use commas?

Luckily because I live in Kentucky, I get games from a lot of different markets, so every Colts game besides the Thursday night game will be on CBS, Fox or ESPN here.

There is nothing "lucky" about living in Kentucky. I kid

I genuinely think you don't know proper comma usage. Learn proper comma usage.

#PeopleinGlassHouses.