Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG III

maxgamestate

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw they're both irrational, only difference is one guy voicing his opinion, and the other guy preaching why he's wrong. This in turn causes people getting even more upset.

No point for either to go at it, but alas.....

Not saying that the other guy is wrong. Just saying that he's being irrational. Which isn't being irrational, just being level-headed and asking an honest question as to figure out why someone would judge or criticize. Sure the other guy may get upset but it's his fault for being irrational in the first place....my head hurts. Let's just drop this useless debate lol.

Not saying that the other guy is wrong. Just saying that he's being irrational. Which isn't being irrational, just being level-headed and asking an honest question as to figure out why someone would judge or criticize. Sure the other guy may get upset but it's his fault for being irrational in the first place....my head hurts. Lol

Eh let's give it a rest, not like these interactions are going to stop on the boards either way lol.

I've lost track of this thread but my HONEST opinion....the dislike on this thread is more a "our guy is better so why aren't we getting bragged about more" kind of thing to me. The dislike started before the draft and has carried over with "most".....please I'm not lumping one person or everyone....everyone has their reasons but I think if they did some searching inside and be honest it is mostly JEALOUSY. When RG had an OUTSTANDING season at Baylor and people started throwing out the notion he may should go #1 people got all riled up on here. It was an endless debate with some. I think a lot of us are a little biased on here to just look at this objectively. We get uptight if someone is mentioned as better than our guy or gets the limelight. For a long time it was Brady over Manning and now I can see it.....RG will have his own little icon too lol. Facts being as they are he is EXTREMELY popular amongst viewers across the board. He is very charismatic...you have to admit...and REALLY FUN TO WATCH. There is no doubt about that....and being successful in his first season and on top of all that a polite and well mannered young man who is well spoken WHY wouldn't people like him. I've got no reason to support or like the guy based on his team or anything but I DO. He plays the right way...and handles himself the right way. The worst thing anyone can say is that he wears crazy socks and wants to get back on the field.....if there was a rift....he would be calling his coach out for leaving him out there....there isn't...he made a mistake speaking his heart on the matter instead of thinking it through and he will learn to be a little more political next time. I just see a lot of people that want to tear someone down for no good reason other than he isn't OUR guy. I could be wrong...and I know there are a lot that don't....but I've yet to read a legit...reasonable reason to dislike the guy yet. Other than he plays on another team I don't get it. I still 100% believe Luck will be the better long term qb and glad we took him...but I believe RG is the real deal in Washington...and if he can avoid the injuires (a big if I know ) he will lead them to something special.

Wow. Didn't realize there was THIS much hatred for the guy. 

AM, I wouldn't say its hatred.....but let's face it....the guy is the biggest microphone trollop since.....

MMBanner.gif

Should he under-perform or get injured again and bust out of the league the media will turn on him like the weasels that they are.

I've lost track of this thread but my HONEST opinion....the dislike on this thread is more a "our guy is better so why aren't we getting bragged about more" kind of thing to me. The dislike started before the draft and has carried over with "most".....please I'm not lumping one person or everyone....everyone has their reasons but I think if they did some searching inside and be honest it is mostly JEALOUSY. When RG had an OUTSTANDING season at Baylor and people started throwing out the notion he may should go #1 people got all riled up on here. It was an endless debate with some. I think a lot of us are a little biased on here to just look at this objectively. We get uptight if someone is mentioned as better than our guy or gets the limelight. For a long time it was Brady over Manning and now I can see it.....RG will have his own little icon too lol. Facts being as they are he is EXTREMELY popular amongst viewers across the board. He is very charismatic...you have to admit...and REALLY FUN TO WATCH. There is no doubt about that....and being successful in his first season and on top of all that a polite and well mannered young man who is well spoken WHY wouldn't people like him. I've got no reason to support or like the guy based on his team or anything but I DO. He plays the right way...and handles himself the right way. The worst thing anyone can say is that he wears crazy socks and wants to get back on the field.....if there was a rift....he would be calling his coach out for leaving him out there....there isn't...he made a mistake speaking his heart on the matter instead of thinking it through and he will learn to be a little more political next time. I just see a lot of people that want to tear someone down for no good reason other than he isn't OUR guy. I could be wrong...and I know there are a lot that don't....but I've yet to read a legit...reasonable reason to dislike the guy yet. Other than he plays on another team I don't get it. I still 100% believe Luck will be the better long term qb and glad we took him...but I believe RG is the real deal in Washington...and if he can avoid the injuires (a big if I know ) he will lead them to something special.

I couldn't get very far in your post due to the lack of spacing, but who came across that way other than the op?

AM, I wouldn't say its hatred.....but let's face it....the guy is the biggest microphone trollop since.....

MMBanner.gif

Should he under-perform or get injured again and bust out of the league the media will turn on him like the weasels that they are.

lol. I would not compare him to Favre until he starts refusing to show up to TC until late August or sends pics of himself to young ladies ... oh wait.

OK....       RG is still yapping about... the "relationship" ...    between Shanny and the Golden Boy.

Does the media deserve it?   and second..  should RG3 even  be "critiquing"  the TEAM he plays for?

This KID, is a DRAMA QUEEN.      He want's attention.      No big deal.   

How about this...   just shut up and play when you get the chance?

He feels threatened by a 3rd round QB, who was taken in the SAME DRAFT AS RG3....   just saying.   THIS is were all the TENSION is com9ng from.

Normally I like your posts John but this is crazy talk. I get that Luck and RG will always be compared but I think Mr. Luck has an ego of his own too. And if he was in RGs position he would be itching to get back as well. This is no way compromises his leadership. In fact, I think it enhances it as no teammate wants a sally for a QB. And everyone loves a competitor. It usually ignites the whole team.

I do agree about Cousins however. While I don't think RGs job is in any jeopardy (yet) if he is unable to go for a few games and Counsins looks good in those outings then Shanny will have a dilemma. And we all know that Shanny has no issue sitting his starting QBs ..

Have you EVER head Andrew Luck SPEAK?

First he would DO what JAMES ANDREWS TOLD HIM TO DO.   Second..    he would NOT be doing pressers ever DAY.

Normally I like your posts John but this is crazy talk. I get that Luck and RG will always be compared but I think Mr. Luck has an ego of his own too. And if he was in RGs position he would be itching to get back as well. This is no way compromises his leadership. In fact, I think it enhances it as no teammate wants a sally for a QB. And everyone loves a competitor. It usually ignites the whole team.

I do agree about Cousins however. While I don't think RGs job is in any jeopardy (yet) if he is unable to go for a few games and Counsins looks good in those outings then Shanny will have a dilemma. And we all know that Shanny has no issue sitting his starting QBs ..

Luck has a "smaller" EGO than Manning.    And that is what is SO refreshing about him.

RG3?    He has a very long way to go.  You just DO NOT challenge your team or coach.

This won't end well.

So you are choosing to equate RG's outspoken personality to ego? That is a stretch.

To say Luck does not have an ego is laughable. He was the number one pick and exudes confidence and ego. All the greats have it and he is no exception. He may be soft spoken with the media but not with his team I am sure. At least I would hope not as they would not respect him.

And to be fair, Luck has not had to deal with RGs situation so there is no way to know how he would have handled it.

I am not sure to he honest why there is so a tizzy about what he said. He said Shanny has plan no matter what even if he is progressing and he wants to play. Don't know about you but I want my QB nipping at the bit to play especially if the doctors are giving him the green light and his coach is holding him back.

ugh....he is obeying the Dr, the conferences are not daily, but they *are* league and team mandated with one exception this past Tuesday. Have all the opinions you want about him, but at least base them on facts.

but yeah...this train has been at this stop before. Going in circles. We can revisit this thread at the end of the season if we really want to...

So you are choosing to equate RG's outspoken personality to ego? That is a stretch.

To say Luck does not have an ego is laughable. He was the number one pick and exudes confidence and ego. All the greats have it and he is no exception. He may be soft spoken with the media but not with his team I am sure. At least I would hope not as they would not respect him.

And to be fair, Luck has not had to deal with RGs situation so there is no way to know how he would have handled it.

I am not sure to he honest why there is so a tizzy about what he said. He said Shanny has plan no matter what even if he is progressing and he wants to play. Don't know about you but I want my QB nipping at the bit to play especially if the doctors are giving him the green light and his coach is holding him back.

All the greats exude ego? Confidence maybe, but not ego.

There is nothing Griffin did last year that Luck couldn't have done. The onus is still on Griffin to stay healthy and be a pocket passer like Luck did. He, Kapp and Wilson all have to prove themselves. Defensive coordinators are already talking and they are geared up for these running quarterbacks this year.

There is nothing Griffin did last year that Luck couldn't have done. The onus is still on Griffin to stay healthy and be a pocket passer like Luck did. He, Kapp and Wilson all have to prove themselves. Defensive coordinators are already talking and they are geared up for these running quarterbacks this year.

What on earth are you talking about? Griffin was MUCH better than Luck from the pocket to the tune of 65 percent passer rating and 20 TDs to just 5 picks (led the league in lowest INTs). Luck was at 54 percent with 23 TDs and 18 picks and a bunch of fumbles.

In terms of Wilson, he mostly ran a traditional offense with some run plays but not much. Even Kaep passed from the pocket more than the read option.

This is what makes these guys so lethal. They are amazing athletes AND can sit back and sling it with very good accuracy.

I do agree about RGs health. That is really the only question mark with him and I think he will be smarter this season and so will Shanny even if RG doesn't like it.

We may be splitting hairs over this ego/confidence thing. Definitions are very similar ...

Ego: self-esteem: somebody's idea of his or her own importance or worth, usually of an appropriate level.

Confidence: belief in own abilities: self assurance or a belief in your ability to succeed.

We may be splitting hairs over this ego/confidence thing. Definitions are very similar ...

Ego: self-esteem: somebody's idea of his or her own importance or worth, usually of an appropriate level.

Confidence: belief in own abilities: self assurance or a belief in your ability to succeed.

All men have ego...it's just that you used the word exude.

What on earth are you talking about? Griffin was MUCH better than Luck from the pocket to the tune of 65 percent passer rating and 20 TDs to just 5 picks (led the league in lowest INTs). Luck was at 54 percent with 23 TDs and 18 picks and a bunch of fumbles.

In terms of Wilson, he mostly ran a traditional offense with some run plays but not much. Even Kaep passed from the pocket more than the read option.

This is what makes these guys so lethal. They are amazing athletes AND can sit back and sling it with very good accuracy.

I do agree about RGs health. That is really the only question mark with him and I think he will be smarter this season and so will Shanny even if RG doesn't like it.

You know those stats are misleading. Totally different offensive philosophies. Does anyone really think Griffin puts up those efficiency numbers playing for Arians?

And Wilson was fairly mediocre until the Seahawks started running the read option more frequently. That's what makes the read option effective....it gives the passer easy throws.

You know those stats are misleading. Totally different offensive philosophies. Does anyone really think Griffin puts up those efficiency numbers playing for Arians?

And Wilson was fairly mediocre until the Seahawks started running the read option more frequently. That's what makes the read option effective....it gives the passer easy throws.

As much as I like Griffin, this is an accurate assessment in my opinion.

What I will add though is that if the roles were switched, it wouldn't have been as effective with Luck running because he isn't quite the threat that Griffin is with his legs. That threat of speed around the edge also dictated how the CBs played their men, constantly giving an inside release to the WR in an effort to protect the boundary. Now, don't get me wrong, Luck can run as well, but its on two different levels. The RO would have still been alright with Luck, but I think the throws would have been a little tighter and you wouldn't see some of the explosive runs that Griffin had.

My opinion is that Griffin's ceiling from a physical aspect is higher because he can make all the same throws, but also adds that extra dimension at a higher level. Tools like that you can't teach or coach, you're just born with them. What's going to separate the two resides between their ears. And that is a "wait and see" question.

As much as I like Griffin, this is an accurate assessment in my opinion.What I will add though is that if the roles were switched, it wouldn't have been as effective with Luck running because he isn't quite the threat that Griffin is with his legs. That threat of speed around the edge also dictated how the CBs played their men, constantly giving an inside release to the WR in an effort to protect the boundary. Now, don't get me wrong, Luck can run as well, but its on two different levels. The RO would have still been alright with Luck, but I think the throws would have been a little tighter and you wouldn't see some of the explosive runs that Griffin had.My opinion is that Griffin's ceiling from a physical aspect is higher because he can make all the same throws, but also adds that extra dimension at a higher level. Tools like that you can't teach or coach, you're just born with them. What's going to separate the two resides between their ears. And that is a "wait and see" question.

Yeah, the Broncos wouldnt even run the read option with Luck imo....he doesn't have the quickness for it. I do think think the standard Shanahan style west coast offense is right up Luck's alley though.

Yeah, the Broncos wouldnt even run the read option with Luck imo....he doesn't have the quickness for it. I do think think the standard Shanahan style west coast offense is right up Luck's alley though.

oh yeah definitely, the standard roll-outs, bootlegs, etc would be great for Luck. I wanted to see more of that last year with the moving pockets etc so the defense couldn't tee off on him. I think Pep will help that with some quicker developing plays and hopefully a little more of a run game.

If you guys really want to see & know who Robert Griffin III is, then watch "RG3: Will To Win on Tuesday 8/27 on ESPN @6pm.

http://gatorade.com/rgiii/#episode1

ESPN will present “RGIII: The Will to Win,” a one-hour documentary-style film produced by NFL Films and Gatorade Productions about Washington Redskins quarterback and 2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Robert Griffin III. The program will air on ESPN as a one-hour prime time special on Tuesday, August 27, at 7 p.m. ET.

“RGIII: The Will to Win” focuses on Griffin’s journey to return to the field for the 2013 NFL season. Divided into six acts, it begins with Griffin’s spectacular rookie season when he led the Redskins to their first division title since 1999. After sustaining a knee injury in Washington’s final game of the playoffs in January, the majority of the film documents Griffin’s offseason, both his rehabilitation and more personal off-the-field moments.

Filming took place over several months in multiple locations and will conclude at the end of the preseason. Steve Trout and Jay Jackson of NFL Films are co-directors. Griffin, an executive producer on the project, also shot footage using a self-cam that will be part of the film.

“I just want people to see me as me. Not everybody gets an inside look at who you are as a person. Yeah, I’m RGIII; I’m the Washington Redskins quarterback. But sometimes you need to know why people do what they do. I’m looking forward to putting it out there so people can know who I am,” said Robert Griffin III.

Read more here:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/aug/8/rg3-be-featured-espnnfl-films-documentary/#ixzz2cDScrakV

My take on him is that he is an arrogant self centered glory boy that only cares about his opinion and thinks that he knows more about the NFL after one season than his coaching staff does. He thrives on media coverage regardless of what he claims (and what several of you want to admit). What picture of him and some celebrity that he is rubbing elbows with is he going to post this week? “ Look at me! See who I am with?!” Mark my words, if things don’t go good in Washington this year it will be everyone else’s fault except his. I also put ALL the blame of his injury on him because this is what I believe was his thought process. “ Knowing what they say about me now, if I can win this game with a knee injury, what will they say about me then?”

No I am not a hater. I just watch his actions and listen to what he says and how he says it. I am very happy with our QB and am extremely glad that we don’t have Robert. He is going to end up more trouble than he is worth

So funny hearing people complain about the media attention RGIII gets. It's as if they forgot the entire season leading up to the draft...

ESPN hyped Luck up to the moon. When there was still questions about Peyton playing in the season during the off-season, because there was still a chance we all thought, there were threads about drop Manning draft Luck.  Everyone gets their limelight.

Now you really lost me. Griffin was one of the best QBs in history of Baylor football AND won the Heismann his senior year beating out the highly touted Luck. And he followed that up by only winning ROY last year and leading his team back from 3-6 record to 7 straight wins and the division title.

In my opinion Luck should have gotten the ROY. He took a 2-14 teams with 37 new players to a 11-5 record. He tore up the yardage record with 5 out of 7 rookie receivers. Luck didn't come close to having a RB the caliber of Morris. Luck also had quite a few different starting offensive lines. Not only was he surrounded by rookie players, most of the coaches were rookies at their positions. The Colts defense gave up more points than the offence could produce. That's my take on that. PS- The Colts didn't have to give up a huge price as far as draft picks either. The media was responsible for RG3 winning the ROY, not the play on the field.

My take on him is that he is an arrogant self centered glory boy that only cares about his opinion and thinks that he knows more about the NFL after one season than his coaching staff does. He thrives on media coverage regardless of what he claims (and what several of you want to admit). What picture of him and some celebrity that he is rubbing elbows with is he going to post this week? “ Look at me! See who I am with?!” Mark my words, if things don’t go good in Washington this year it will be everyone else’s fault except his. I also put ALL the blame of his injury on him because this is what I believe was his thought process. “ Knowing what they say about me now, if I can win this game with a knee injury, what will they say about me then?”

No I am not a hater. I just watch his actions and listen to what he says and how he says it. I am very happy with our QB and am extremely glad that we don’t have Robert. He is going to end up more trouble than he is worth

SPOT ON...

So funny hearing people complain about the media attention RGIII gets. It's as if they forgot the entire season leading up to the draft...

ESPN hyped Luck up to the moon. When there was still questions about Peyton playing in the season during the off-season, because there was still a chance we all thought, there were threads about drop Manning draft Luck.  Everyone gets their limelight.

Yep. People always hate media attention when their guy isn't the one getting it. :dunno:

Yep. People always hate media attention when their guy isn't the one getting it. :dunno:

When you can’t turn on a sports program without seeing something about RG3 it does get a little bit nauseating. Regardless of what the media wants you to believe there are 31 other QBs in the NFL. About the only thing that hasn’t been covered on him is what color his bowel movement is.

And btw there was just as much coverage hype on Bobby pre draft last year as there was for Andrew.

When you can’t turn on a sports program without seeing something about RG3 it does get a little bit nauseating. Regardless of what the media wants you to believe there are 31 other QBs in the NFL. About the only thing that hasn’t been covered on him is what color his bowel movement is.

And btw there was just as much coverage hype on Bobby pre draft last year as there was for Andrew.

The only things we ever see about him now are the reports on whether or not he will be ready to play for week one. That's it. He is, by the way, the reigning Rookie of the Year. They, along with the MVP, get talked about ad nauseam. It's not for no reason. I see it as a welcome departure from the usual talk about Manning or Brees or the usual suspects. Now the young guns are getting their turns, and we see a lot of talk about Wilson, Kaep, and yes, Andy Luck as well. But no way to your last part.....Andy was getting talked about as a first round Draft pick (likely to be the Colts) by at least midseason last year, and was hyped up very much in the offseason as well until the Draft actually came around. Griffin wasn't being hailed as the best prospect since Elway or perhaps the making of the greatest quarterback of all time. I didn't see any Colts fans complaining about anyone being overhyped last year when it was the guy they knew Grigson would be taking first overall.

The poster said Luck was better from the pocket. That simply is not true based on last season which is all we have. The stats were not even close in terms of completion percentage and TD/INT ratio. I realize Luck was asked to run a different offensive system but his numbers were at the bottom 5 of the league. I do expect him to fix much of that this year but I worry about his arm strength. There were concerns about his ability to put the zip but I think a lot of that had to do with him getting pressure and staring down Reggie Wayne. Not sure if he will get anymore time this year with his Oline but hopefully the new OC will give him quicker reads.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it does scream of jealously and hate. Just saying ... I like Luck too (a lot) but RG is a stud as well.

In my opinion Luck should have gotten the ROY. He took a 2-14 teams with 37 new players to a 11-5 record. He tore up the yardage record with 5 out of 7 rookie receivers. Luck didn't come close to having a RB the caliber of Morris. Luck also had quite a few different starting offensive lines. Not only was he surrounded by rookie players, most of the coaches were rookies at their positions. The Colts defense gave up more points than the offence could produce. That's my take on that. PS- The Colts didn't have to give up a huge price as far as draft picks either. The media was responsible for RG3 winning the ROY, not the play on the field.

I guess it depends on your view. RG lost his best receiver early among other key injures to his TE, etc and never had a stud like Wayne to throw to. He was also 3-6 and ripped off 7 straight wins to take the division and was creaming Seattle in the playoffs until he hurt his knee. His defense was really not that good either.

Luck certainly had an amazing campaign for sure for the reasons you listed but in the end his numbers were not nearly as good as RG and that is why he did not get it.

The poster said Luck was better from the pocket. That simply is not true based on last season which is all we have. The stats were not even close in terms of completion percentage and TD/INT ratio. I realize Luck was asked to run a different offensive system but his numbers were at the bottom 5 of the league. I do expect him to fix much of that this year but I worry about his arm strength. There were concerns about his ability to put the zip but I think a lot of that had to do with him getting pressure and staring down Reggie Wayne. Not sure if he will get anymore time this year with his Oline but hopefully the new OC will give him quicker reads.

Oh boy......

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it does scream of jealously and hate. Just saying ... I like Luck too (a lot) but RG is a stud as well.

And you are entitled to yours as well. All I did was point out his actions to explain my point of view. If that is hate then so be it. However, those action should not get denied just because the guy can play football.