Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG III

maxgamestate

I'll guarantee that RG3 will have a long fall from the 9 mile high pedestal the media have put him on. If (and thats a HUGE IF), he even makes it through the season, which is highly doubtful IMO...DC's have spent all offseason figuring out ways to slow down the read option. His passing efficiency will go into the toilet because he's going to be forced to be more of a prototypical QB which will automatically make him much less effective. If he proves me wrong over the course of the entire season then I'll gladly admit I was wrong, but I doubt I'll ever have too. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll guarantee that RG3 will have a long fall from the 9 mile high pedestal the media have put him on. If (and thats a HUGE IF), he even makes it through the season, which is highly doubtful IMO...DC's have spent all offseason figuring out ways to slow down the read option. His passing efficiency will go into the toilet because he's going to be forced to be more of a prototypical QB which will automatically make him much less effective. If he proves me wrong over the course of the entire season then I'll gladly admit I was wrong, but I doubt I'll ever have too. 

Stopping the read option doesn't even slow down the offense we run.  Our reliance on it is vastly overstated by people who don't follow the team and only catch highlights.  Committing a lot of resources to stopping one tool in the arsenal is only going to make the other tools more effective.

Seems like a lot of people on this forum are just biased fans with a dislike for RG3 solely due to the fact we chose Andrew Luck over him.

Some of the comments in this thread are just laughable... 

Some of us hate the kids just because he gets more shine than our own... and thats sad.

I've lost track of this thread but my HONEST opinion....the dislike on this thread is more a "our guy is better so why aren't we getting bragged about more" kind of thing to me. The dislike started before the draft and has carried over with "most".....please I'm not lumping one person or everyone....everyone has their reasons but I think if they did some searching inside and be honest it is mostly JEALOUSY. When RG had an OUTSTANDING season at Baylor and people started throwing out the notion he may should go #1 people got all riled up on here. It was an endless debate with some. I think a lot of us are a little biased on here to just look at this objectively. We get uptight if someone is mentioned as better than our guy or gets the limelight. For a long time it was Brady over Manning and now I can see it.....RG will have his own little icon too lol. Facts being as they are he is EXTREMELY popular amongst viewers across the board. He is very charismatic...you have to admit...and REALLY FUN TO WATCH. There is no doubt about that....and being successful in his first season and on top of all that a polite and well mannered young man who is well spoken WHY wouldn't people like him. I've got no reason to support or like the guy based on his team or anything but I DO. He plays the right way...and handles himself the right way. The worst thing anyone can say is that he wears crazy socks and wants to get back on the field.....if there was a rift....he would be calling his coach out for leaving him out there....there isn't...he made a mistake speaking his heart on the matter instead of thinking it through and he will learn to be a little more political next time. I just see a lot of people that want to tear someone down for no good reason other than he isn't OUR guy. I could be wrong...and I know there are a lot that don't....but I've yet to read a legit...reasonable reason to dislike the guy yet. Other than he plays on another team I don't get it. I still 100% believe Luck will be the better long term qb and glad we took him...but I believe RG is the real deal in Washington...and if he can avoid the injuires (a big if I know ) he will lead them to something special.

well said

and now we can close this thread.

The only things we ever see about him now are the reports on whether or not he will be ready to play for week one. That's it. He is, by the way, the reigning Rookie of the Year. They, along with the MVP, get talked about ad nauseam. It's not for no reason. I see it as a welcome departure from the usual talk about Manning or Brees or the usual suspects. Now the young guns are getting their turns, and we see a lot of talk about Wilson, Kaep, and yes, Andy Luck as well. But no way to your last part.....Andy was getting talked about as a first round Draft pick (likely to be the Colts) by at least midseason last year, and was hyped up very much in the offseason as well until the Draft actually came around. Griffin wasn't being hailed as the best prospect since Elway or perhaps the making of the greatest quarterback of all time. I didn't see any Colts fans complaining about anyone being overhyped last year when it was the guy they knew Grigson would be taking first overall.

WHAT was said about each has no baring on how MUCH each was talked about and my point was that RG got just as much hype as Andrew

But he didn't. Everyone and their mother knew who 12 was before February was over.

And nobody knew who RG was by that time?

I disagree but hey that is what this forum is all about. It is obvious that we both are going to see and believe what we want. That’s cool. It just grates on me a little when I hear all this talk about how humble and unselfish RG is and how it is all the media’s fault that he gets covered so much.  I have worked for and above enough egotistical people in my lifetime that I know the signs, and I see the signs. If I am wrong then I will admit it, but from what I have heard and seen so far, the jury is still deliberating.

Actions speak louder than words, but so far words have spoken pretty loud as well.

And nobody knew who RG was by that time?

I disagree but hey that is what this forum is all about. It is obvious that we both are going to see and believe what we want. That’s cool. It just grates on me a little when I hear all this talk about how humble and unselfish RG is and how it is all the media’s fault that he gets covered so much.  I have worked for and above enough egotistical people in my lifetime that I know the signs, and I see the signs. If I am wrong then I will admit it, but from what I have heard and seen so far, the jury is still deliberating.

Actions speak louder than words, but so far words have spoken pretty loud as well.

Yes, opinions will vary. I don't see what Griffin has done that any other athlete doesn't do that merits an egotistical title but different things rub different people the wrong way I suppose.