Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG III

maxgamestate

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is trying not to make a big deal about himself. That is what I like about him. As really the guy seems to be a really nice guy. And has a level head. Despite all that is coming at him! Really seems to be a classy kind of guy!

Bull. He makes an exerted effort to stand out, even with his fashion choices on the field. If he had an once of humility, he would ask that people call him Robert and cease with the stupid hip-hop moniker. 

Bull. He makes an exerted effort to stand out, even with his fashion choices on the field. If he had an once of humility, he would ask that people call him Robert and cease with the stupid hip-hop moniker. 

Wow. Didn't realize there was THIS much hatred for the guy. Not sure he can control how people refer to him. And his fashion choices are his and if people choose to make a big deal out of them then so be it. Pretty sure Brady can't get a hair cut or choose not to get a hair cut without it being reported on the front page on boston.com. Such is the life of a superstar. What is ironic is I bet he wishes the microscope would be turned down as well but he can't control it so he manages it as best as he can and I think he is doing a good job. Honestly, he is a breath of fresh air from the robotic responses we get from Manning, Brady, Luck, etc. It in no way reflects a lack of humility as he has the goods to back it up.

I said BEFORE he ever stepped on an NFL field.  Not after everything he did in the NFL.  And again, right or wrong, it irks me.  Don't know why and I don't expect you to understand it because I don't even really understand it.  It just does and I'm not losing any sleep over it regardless of who understands.  Not villifying him.  He's a good young QB wiht a bright future. 

Before he stepped on an NFL field he was the Heismann trophy winner and beat out Luck. Then he was selected #2 overall by the Skins who gave up a fortune to get him. Guys with that type of success before their first NFL game garner a ton of coverage deservedly so IMO. And he backed up the hype with ROY and a division title. Of course his injury has made the attention crazy this off-season which again is understandable given his success last year and in college.

this is another article that came across my twitter feed this morning and illustrates further some of the points I've been trying to make.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/71562/bracing-for-the-rg3-backlash

this latest story going around about a rift with coaches etc is a function of all this. There's a reason it has barely been talked about by the beat reporters, the ones with the real access. Unfortunately most people get their news spoon fed to them by the national outlets and don't bother to take the time to do any real digging. They're content with what they think they know, and that's everyone's right. The vast majority of people are content in their views and base it off what's fed to them.

There's a reason I don't get the bulk of my news from ESPN or NFL Network. And why I'm pretty reluctant to cast any kind of judgement on these athletes who I don't know, haven't met, or know almost nothing of what they do away from the cameras or microphones.

Wow. Didn't realize there was THIS much hatred for the guy. Not sure he can control how people refer to him. And his fashion choices are his and if people choose to make a big deal out of them then so be it. Pretty sure Brady can't get a hair cut or choose not to get a hair cut without it being reported on the front page on boston.com. Such is the life of a superstar. What is ironic is I bet he wishes the microscope would be turned down as well but he can't control it so he manages it as best as he can and I think he is doing a good job. Honestly, he is a breath of fresh air from the robotic responses we get from Manning, Brady, Luck, etc. It in no way reflects a lack of humility as he has the goods to back it up.

I don't hate him. I think he's immature as heck. "Robotic responses" are what you get from professional adults. Sadly, his career will be too short to witness him maturing into an adult. 

I don't hate him. I think he's immature as heck. "Robotic responses" are what you get from professional adults. Sadly, his career will be too short to witness him maturing into an adult.

You a Colts fan?

You got a critique of Robert Griffin?

Your a hater.

Deal with your life.

this is another article that came across my twitter feed this morning and illustrates further some of the points I've been trying to make.http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/71562/bracing-for-the-rg3-backlashthis latest story going around about a rift with coaches etc is a function of all this. There's a reason it has barely been talked about by the beat reporters, the ones with the real access. Unfortunately most people get their news spoon fed to them by the national outlets and don't bother to take the time to do any real digging. They're content with what they think they know, and that's everyone's right. The vast majority of people are content in their views and base it off what's fed to them.There's a reason I don't get the bulk of my news from ESPN or NFL Network. And why I'm pretty reluctant to cast any kind of judgement on these athletes who I don't know, haven't met, or know almost nothing of what they do away from the cameras or microphones.

This is why players give robotic answers. I think most people realize much of this "rift" is media creation...it's just cringe worthy watching him not realizing that fact.

This is why players give robotic answers. I think most people realize much of this "rift" is media creation...it's just cringe worthy watching him not realizing that fact.

yeah I definitely agree the impact could be lessened if he was more robotic. Some people like that he's not though. Just a matter of taste and you get the good with the bad. We're all just part of the noise now :)

It's the media not RG3.  He doesn't really go out and do stuff to seek attention from them.  

I'm still glad we took Luck over RG3, but RG3 seems to me to be a very talented high character guy that the NFL could use more of.  He's just like Luck in this respect.

So I wish him a long and productive career.   

Too bad your owner does not give more robotic answers and stay off of Twitter. But such is life. It adds spice.

You a Colts fan?

You got a critique of Robert Griffin?

Your a hater.

Deal with your life.

Saying you don't like the guy because he has a nickname or because he wears socks aren't legitimate critiques. He has a media friendly personality, is charismatic, and who cares about nicknames? Should CJ be ashamed of himself for allowing himself to be called Megatron? When someone has to poke at you because of your name or what clothes you wear you know that you must be doing something right. Just my take on the subject.

Guest TeamLoloJones

the billionaire

Yeah. That guy that does tons of charity work? And constantly gives away money to fans for answering questions?  Yeah, I'll take him too.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah that guy that tweets about Burger King and imaginary WR deals? I'll take the ultra competitive QB. Thanks.

I'll take the owner that cares about his team and the fans of that team like nothing else in the world matters...except some good ol' tunes...and by the way...that owner has a pretty good qb of his own.  And that WR deal was not imaginary, it was DHB.  Cheers!

Saying you don't like the guy because he has a nickname or because he wears socks aren't legitimate critiques. He has a media friendly personality, is charismatic, and who cares about nicknames? Should CJ be ashamed of himself for allowing himself to be called Megatron? When someone has to poke at you because of your name or what clothes you wear you know that you must be doing something right. Just my take on the subject.

A legitimate critique is only subjected to the opinion of the person making the critique. Not to me or your you lol.

People jump to "hater" much too quickly. It is possible to be bothered by the little things someone does.

Crazy as it sounds it is true :)

A legitimate critique is only subjected to the opinion of the person making the critique. Not to me or your you lol.

People jump to "hater" much too quickly. It is possible to be bothered by the little things someone does.

I call it nitpicking, but to each their own lol. Sure it's easy to be bothered by little things, but that's just what they are...little, harmless things that as far as we know Brady or Manning might do in their own time as well lol. And we don't ever hear them get blown apart for appearing in commercials....well we do with Brady sometimes lol. These are football players, but they are also people...the only things fans should be worried about is what they are doing on the field. As long as they aren't hurting themselves or others when not playing no one should feel the need to include it in the overall critique of a player I think.

I call it nitpicking, but to each their own lol. Sure it's easy to be bothered by little things, but that's just what they are...little, harmless things that as far as we know Brady or Manning might do in their own time lol. These are football players, but they are also people...the only things fans should be worried about is how they are doing on the field. As long as they aren't hurting themselves or others when not playing no one should feel the need to include it in the overall critique of a player I think.

That's fair, but again it's all subjective to the individual.

Also it's little harmless things people complain about, that people blow up because they don't like it lol. It's never anything horrible. But anything negative said, and I mean anything, spawns a minimum of 5 posts to Griffins defense haha

Disliking RG3 Guy: "Griffin likes Pepsi? What a loser. Drink Coke or get out."

Irrational Griffin Defender: "PEPSI IS THE BEST EVAAAR SHUT UP HATER!!"

^How these arguments look to me. Everytime.

Sigh.

Well by that reasoning then calling someone a "hater" is just a matter of opinion as well. lol.

That's fair, but again it's all subjective to the individual.

Also it's little harmless things people complain about, that people blow up because they don't like it lol. It's never anything horrible. But anything negative said, and I mean anything, spawns a minimum of 5 posts to Griffins defense haha

Disliking RG3 Guy: "Griffin likes Pepsi? What a loser. Drink Coke or get out."

Irrational Griffin Defender: PEPSI IS THE BEST EVAAAR SHUT UP HATER!!"

^How these arguments look to me. Everytime.

Sigh.

Unfortunately, the irrational one is the guy claiming that Griffin is the loser for liking Pepsi lol. I think we see cases of this in the Colts section too when it comes to 12, or even sometimes in this section as well when it comes to Manning or Brady. Depending which player one chooses to slight you will get reprimanded by a fan of that player....and they're almost always quarterbacks lol.

Unfortunately, the irrational one is the guy claiming that Griffin is the loser for liking Pepsi lol. I think we see cases of this in the Colts section too when it comes to 12, or even sometimes in this section as well when it comes to Manning or Brady. Depending which player one chooses to slight you will get reprimanded by a fan of that player....and they're almost always quarterbacks lol.

Naw they're both irrational, only difference is one guy voicing his opinion, and the other guy preaching why he's wrong. This in turn causes people getting even more upset.

No point for either to go at it, but alas.....