Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A look at the Colt's 2013 Season- Regression or Improvement?

Legend of Luck

I just read this article and have read many others like it from all of these media outlets trying to predict how our 2013 season will play out. The general consensus is that we will end up being around 8-8. Most writers point to the same stats of point differential and so on and so forth, but they often overlook very key points. I decided that I want to give a balanced look to both sides of the argument and make a judgment after seeing all aspects of the story.

The Argument against the Colts:

1.      Point Differential- Most writers have been quick to point out the point differential last season, which was -30. They have also pointed out that a team with this differential is usually only a 7 win team. They say that teams with this type of differential fall back towards the mean the next season.

2.      2012 Soft Schedule- Lots of writers relate our record last season to the easiness of our schedule. We had the 5th easiest schedule last season.

3.      The Lack of “ChuckStrong” Motivation this Year- Some media members have said that now that the ChuckStrong campaign is over, our miracle play will end with it.

4.      Another New Offense- This is the second offense in two years our team has had to learn, many people think that having to start over will weaken the progress our offense made over the course of last season.

5.      The New Offensive Scheme- Many analysts think that Pep’s scheme is too conservative, and that we will regress and become a less dynamic offense under the new regime.

6.      The Team Around Luck- The most common theme around the media has been that no one seems to believe that the team around Luck is worth much of anything. They see Reggie as past his prime, T.Y. and DHB as inconsistent, the O-line as a train-wreck and neglect to put any focus on the upgrades we’ve made on defense. In fairness, most local reporting has been positive on these issues, but national outlets have been on the negative side.

7.      The Loss of Bruce Arians- The media has stated numerous times that losing Bruce will hurt our team tremendously. His leadership, experience, and overall skill as a coach are too valuable to understate in their opinion.

The Argument for the Colts:

1.      Comfort, Part 1- The overall theme of camp this year has been “comfort.” Luck, T.Y., Fleener, Allen etc. have all stated that they feel so much more comfortable this year. It’s their second year in the league, so they can now focus more on improving on the field rather than the transition to the NFL life and schedule. This is often the key element to any player’s success.

2.      Comfort, Part 2- Even though we are installing a new offense, the transition seems to be smooth. Luck, Fleener, and Griff all played in this system already. This gives Luck a chance to grow more as a leader as well, since it’s been reported that he has been more like a coach on the field with his knowledge of the system. This will allow for the tranisition to move even smoother than most media outlets realize. This won’t be an issue for the team.

3.      The New Offense- Most people fear that this new system focuses too much on the run, but the only real negative about Luck’s R.O.Y quality performance last year was his low completion percentage, which this system will help him improve. This team will throw plenty, but now, Luck, from a statistical perspective, will be more consistent and can give our playmakers a chance. We will convert more 1st downs, and stay on the field longer, helping our defense in the process as well.

4.      Year 2 of Our New Defensive Scheme- Ask Cory Redding, last year our D was ill prepared going into the start of the regular season. The transition to a 3-4 was a big learning curve for our players who had been in Tony Dungy’s Tampa 2 for years. Our defense was clearly getting better as the season went on, and now, with a whole year under our belt, our D will be much better than it was last year.

5.      Upgraded Offensive Line- Part of our team and our qb’s struggles last year were due to one of the worst o-lines in the game. Luck was knocked down 122 times last season, the most in the NFL, over 23 times more than the next qb on that list. We have added 2 quality linemen to help with that problem, as well as the benefit that our new offensive scheme gives us in the way of checkdowns. Luck will not hold the ball as long, the line will perform better.

6.      Upgraded Weapons- Reggie is Reggie, but now we have true playmakers around him.

a.      T.Y. is becoming a star, after having a great first season last year. This year he is way more confident in himself and has worked all offseason on his only true glaring weakness from last year, dropping passes. His route running has improved, his chemistry with Andrew has improved, and he can now flourish in his new role.

b.      For all the flack he receives from a lot of people here, DHB is a huge improvement over Donnie Avery. Physically and skill wise. People get on DHB for his perceived lack of hands, but that’s exactly Donnie’s problem as well. Even if DHB never improves his ball skills (which he has, and will continue too) he is still bigger, stronger, and faster than Avery, therefor, an improvement.

c.      Allen and Fleener will truly get a chance to shine in this new offense. There’s talk of Allen being an All-Pro TE, and there is a subtle buzz in Colt’s Nation over the rise of Coby Fleener this year.

d.      Last but not least, we added a two-time Superbowl Champion running back to our squad in Ahmad Bradshaw. Statistically, he is the best pass blocking RB in the NFL, and if we can stay healthy, not only have we added more protection for our All-Star QB, but we added a deadly weapon in the backfield to compliment the rise of Ballard.

7.      Upgraded Defense- We have added so many key pieces to our defense. Toler, Landry, Francouis, Franklin, Werner, and Walden just to name a few. Guys that are used to this system, and better players than we had last year. We are capable of a top 10 defense this year.

8.      A Full Year with Chuck Pagano- Keep in mind, everything we accomplished last year happened during an unprecedented event in NFL history, our head coach was gone for over half the season, battling for his life. Distraction is an understatement. This season, the soul focus will be on WINNING. We can take the momentum and passion we gained last year and turn it into success. Perhaps one of my favorite things about this offseason is that a number of our free-agent signings such as Bradshaw and Toler said that part of their decision to come here was based on the quality of the organization and of the team based off of the aura and personality our team developed over last season. That is an intangible that can change franchises for better or worse.

9.      Another “soft” schedule- Based off of last year’s rankings, we have another easy schedule this year. It doesn’t hurt getting to play the Titans and the Jags 4 times a year. ;)

10.   Last but not least, Andrew Luck 2.0- Luck will be better this year. Most QB’s make their biggest leap in year 2. Just look at Peyton’s second year, or Aaron Rodgers. He is a student

of the game, and he will get better and better as his career goes on, but this year will probably be the largest amount of growth.

To summarize, I understand why some people in the national media who don’t tend to focus on our team don’t see things the way we as Colt’s fans do. On the other hand, I understand when people think we are just being over optimistic fans.

In my personal opinion, barring any severe injuries, this is my prediction for next season.

1 SEP 8 COLTS VS. RAIDERS--Win

2 SEP 15 COLTS VS. DOLPHINS--Win

3 SEP 22 COLTS AT 49ERS--Loss

4 SEP COLTS AT JAGUARS--Win

5 OCT 6 COLTS VS. SEAHAWKS--Win

6 OCT 14 COLTS AT CHARGERS--Win

7 OCT 20 COLTS VS. BRONCOS--Loss

8 BYE

9 NOV 3 COLTS AT   TEXANS--Loss

10 NOV 10 COLTS VS.  RAMS--Win

11 NOV 14 COLTS AT TITANS--Win

12 NOV 24 COLTS AT CARDINALS--Win

13 DEC 1 COLTS VS. TITANS--Win

14 DEC 8 COLTS AT BENGALS--Win

15 DEC 15 COLTS VS. TEXANS--Win

16 DEC 22 COLTS AT CHIEFS--Win

17 DEC 29 COLTS VS. JAGUARS—Win

Just based off of our schedule on paper, I predict we could go 13-3, and improve on last season by two wins. Obviously, we may lose a few of the games I expect us to win. Games against the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Bengals will be close. But it’s also very possible we may win against teams we wouldn’t be expected to beat such as the Broncos or 49ers, much like we did last year against the Packers.

At the end of the day, I think this will be a huge season for us. A playoff berth after winning the AFC south, and at least one playoff win.

Let me know how you guys feel or if I forgot any important arguments on either side. 

I just read this article and have read many others like it from all of these media outlets trying to predict how our 2013 season will play out. The general consensus is that we will end up being around 8-8. Most writers point to the same stats of point differential and so on and so forth, but they often overlook very key points. I decided that I want to give a balanced look to both sides of the argument and make a judgment after seeing all aspects of the story.

The Argument against the Colts:

1.      Point Differential- Most writers have been quick to point out the point differential last season, which was -30. They have also pointed out that a team with this differential is usually only a 7 win team. They say that teams with this type of differential fall back towards the mean the next season.

2.      2012 Soft Schedule- Lots of writers relate our record last season to the easiness of our schedule. We had the 5th easiest schedule last season.

3.      The Lack of “ChuckStrong” Motivation this Year- Some media members have said that now that the ChuckStrong campaign is over, our miracle play will end with it.

4.      Another New Offense- This is the second offense in two years our team has had to learn, many people think that having to start over will weaken the progress our offense made over the course of last season.

5.      The New Offensive Scheme- Many analysts think that Pep’s scheme is too conservative, and that we will regress and become a less dynamic offense under the new regime.

6.      The Team Around Luck- The most common theme around the media has been that no one seems to believe that the team around Luck is worth much of anything. They see Reggie as past his prime, T.Y. and DHB as inconsistent, the O-line as a train-wreck and neglect to put any focus on the upgrades we’ve made on defense. In fairness, most local reporting has been positive on these issues, but national outlets have been on the negative side.

7.      The Loss of Bruce Arians- The media has stated numerous times that losing Bruce will hurt our team tremendously. His leadership, experience, and overall skill as a coach are too valuable to understate in their opinion.

The Argument for the Colts:

1.      Comfort, Part 1- The overall theme of camp this year has been “comfort.” Luck, T.Y., Fleener, Allen etc. have all stated that they feel so much more comfortable this year. It’s their second year in the league, so they can now focus more on improving on the field rather than the transition to the NFL life and schedule. This is often the key element to any player’s success.

2.      Comfort, Part 2- Even though we are installing a new offense, the transition seems to be smooth. Luck, Fleener, and Griff all played in this system already. This gives Luck a chance to grow more as a leader as well, since it’s been reported that he has been more like a coach on the field with his knowledge of the system. This will allow for the tranisition to move even smoother than most media outlets realize. This won’t be an issue for the team.

3.      The New Offense- Most people fear that this new system focuses too much on the run, but the only real negative about Luck’s R.O.Y quality performance last year was his low completion percentage, which this system will help him improve. This team will throw plenty, but now, Luck, from a statistical perspective, will be more consistent and can give our playmakers a chance. We will convert more 1st downs, and stay on the field longer, helping our defense in the process as well.

4.      Year 2 of Our New Defensive Scheme- Ask Cory Redding, last year our D was ill prepared going into the start of the regular season. The transition to a 3-4 was a big learning curve for our players who had been in Tony Dungy’s Tampa 2 for years. Our defense was clearly getting better as the season went on, and now, with a whole year under our belt, our D will be much better than it was last year.

5.      Upgraded Offensive Line- Part of our team and our qb’s struggles last year were due to one of the worst o-lines in the game. Luck was knocked down 122 times last season, the most in the NFL, over 23 times more than the next qb on that list. We have added 2 quality linemen to help with that problem, as well as the benefit that our new offensive scheme gives us in the way of checkdowns. Luck will not hold the ball as long, the line will perform better.

6.      Upgraded Weapons- Reggie is Reggie, but now we have true playmakers around him.

a.      T.Y. is becoming a star, after having a great first season last year. This year he is way more confident in himself and has worked all offseason on his only true glaring weakness from last year, dropping passes. His route running has improved, his chemistry with Andrew has improved, and he can now flourish in his new role.

b.      For all the flack he receives from a lot of people here, DHB is a huge improvement over Donnie Avery. Physically and skill wise. People get on DHB for his perceived lack of hands, but that’s exactly Donnie’s problem as well. Even if DHB never improves his ball skills (which he has, and will continue too) he is still bigger, stronger, and faster than Avery, therefor, an improvement.

c.      Allen and Fleener will truly get a chance to shine in this new offense. There’s talk of Allen being an All-Pro TE, and there is a subtle buzz in Colt’s Nation over the rise of Coby Fleener this year.

d.      Last but not least, we added a two-time Superbowl Champion running back to our squad in Ahmad Bradshaw. Statistically, he is the best pass blocking RB in the NFL, and if we can stay healthy, not only have we added more protection for our All-Star QB, but we added a deadly weapon in the backfield to compliment the rise of Ballard.

7.      Upgraded Defense- We have added so many key pieces to our defense. Toler, Landry, Francouis, Franklin, Werner, and Walden just to name a few. Guys that are used to this system, and better players than we had last year. We are capable of a top 10 defense this year.

8.      A Full Year with Chuck Pagano- Keep in mind, everything we accomplished last year happened during an unprecedented event in NFL history, our head coach was gone for over half the season, battling for his life. Distraction is an understatement. This season, the soul focus will be on WINNING. We can take the momentum and passion we gained last year and turn it into success. Perhaps one of my favorite things about this offseason is that a number of our free-agent signings such as Bradshaw and Toler said that part of their decision to come here was based on the quality of the organization and of the team based off of the aura and personality our team developed over last season. That is an intangible that can change franchises for better or worse.

9.      Another “soft” schedule- Based off of last year’s rankings, we have another easy schedule this year. It doesn’t hurt getting to play the Titans and the Jags 4 times a year. ;)

10.   Last but not least, Andrew Luck 2.0- Luck will be better this year. Most QB’s make their biggest leap in year 2. Just look at Peyton’s second year, or Aaron Rodgers. He is a student

of the game, and he will get better and better as his career goes on, but this year will probably be the largest amount of growth.

To summarize, I understand why some people in the national media who don’t tend to focus on our team don’t see things the way we as Colt’s fans do. On the other hand, I understand when people think we are just being over optimistic fans.

In my personal opinion, barring any severe injuries, this is my prediction for next season.

5 OCT 6 COLTS VS. SEAHAWKS--Win

8 BYE

9 NOV 3 COLTS AT   TEXANS--Loss

16 DEC 22 COLTS AT CHIEFS--Win

Just based off of our schedule on paper, I predict we could go 13-3, and improve on last season by two wins. Obviously, we may lose a few of the games I expect us to win. Games against the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Bengals will be close. But it’s also very possible we may win against teams we wouldn’t be expected to beat such as the Broncos or 49ers, much like we did last year against the Packers.

At the end of the day, I think this will be a huge season for us. A playoff berth after winning the AFC south, and at least one playoff win.

Let me know how you guys feel or if I forgot any important arguments on either side. 

in my eyes i say either switch the seahawks game to a loss and the bronco game to a win...or we lose both...ima  colts fan through and through..but i don't see us going 13-3...but then again...ig you never know

in my eyes i say either switch the seahawks game to a loss and the bronco game to a win...or we lose both...ima  colts fan through and through..but i don't see us going 13-3...but then again...ig you never know

Like I said, on paper, I see 13-3. Would I be surprised if we were 10-6 or 11-5? No.

Would I be surprised if we are anything less than 10-5? Absolutely. 

Good stuff. Specifically these two points.

I don't know what kind of coach Pagano is just yet, but he's a great motivator, and that's before the illness. He's just a special guy, from all indications. His players always have great things to say about him, how they'd run through a wall for him. He coached on Reggie Wayne's Miami team as a defensive assistant, and when he got sick last year, you'd swear from Reggie's reaction that he was his older brother. His X's and O's seem to be sound. His game management is still under review, because he's only hand a few games to really consider.

But the reason I think Pagano's presence is important is because his primary objective is reshaping the defense. I wasn't thrilled with the Manusky hire, but came to grips with it because we assumed Pagano would be heavily involved in gameday defensive coaching. Can't do that from the hospital. With Pagano being on the sidelines, and closely overseeing the gameplanning and defensive meetings, now he can really get to it.

Even without his day to day presence, the defense did make strides last year. After the bye, excluding the Pats game, the defense only gave up 8 points a game in the second half. That's encouraging. Still a lot of work to do, but I expect significant strides to be made, given the attention Ryan Grigson and the coaches have put on revamping the defensive front. Like you said, we didn't have the personnel we needed last year, and now we're a lot more in line with what Pagano wants.

All that said, I can't see us going 13-3 next season. I think we're looking at about the same number of wins we had last year. We really should have been about a 7 or 8 win team last year, if that. That's the basis of Barnwell's opening, with regarding to scoring differential, turnover differential, and the number of close wins we pulled out. It's unheard of in the modern era. So while we should be a better, more complete team, I don't think it's going to translate to more wins. I think we'll do a better job of putting away games against bad teams, and we'll probably avoid getting trounced by good teams. But the real improvement won't be shown in the win/loss record, it will be in the stats and on the field.

5 OCT 6 COLTS VS. SEAHAWKS--Loss

8 BYE

9 NOV 3 COLTS AT   TEXANS--Win

16 DEC 22 COLTS AT CHIEFS--Loss

I think at best we are a 12-4 team. One of those teams besides the top dogs are going to catch us and put a loss on our schedule (Titans, Bengals, Chiefs, Rams). Then again we could end up beating Denver or Seattle, I don't see us beating the 49ers in SF. At worst I believe we're an 9-7 team. 

Though the Colts could potentially struggle this year, for a solid decade after 2013-2014 we will be back to being prominent year in year out Super Bowl Contenders. 2014 brings more money to solidify our roster and another draft for Grigs to bring in young stars.

Good stuff. Specifically these two points.

I don't know what kind of coach Pagano is just yet, but he's a great motivator, and that's before the illness. He's just a special guy, from all indications. His players always have great things to say about him, how they'd run through a wall for him. He coached on Reggie Wayne's Miami team as a defensive assistant, and when he got sick last year, you'd swear from Reggie's reaction that he was his older brother. His X's and O's seem to be sound. His game management is still under review, because he's only hand a few games to really consider.

But the reason I think Pagano's presence is important is because his primary objective is reshaping the defense. I wasn't thrilled with the Manusky hire, but came to grips with it because we assumed Pagano would be heavily involved in gameday defensive coaching. Can't do that from the hospital. With Pagano being on the sidelines, and closely overseeing the gameplanning and defensive meetings, now he can really get to it.

Even without his day to day presence, the defense did make strides last year. After the bye, excluding the Pats game, the defense only gave up 8 points a game in the second half. That's encouraging. Still a lot of work to do, but I expect significant strides to be made, given the attention Ryan Grigson and the coaches have put on revamping the defensive front. Like you said, we didn't have the personnel we needed last year, and now we're a lot more in line with what Pagano wants.

All that said, I can't see us going 13-3 next season. I think we're looking at about the same number of wins we had last year. We really should have been about a 7 or 8 win team last year, if that. That's the basis of Barnwell's opening, with regarding to scoring differential, turnover differential, and the number of close wins we pulled out. It's unheard of in the modern era. So while we should be a better, more complete team, I don't think it's going to translate to more wins. I think we'll do a better job of putting away games against bad teams, and we'll probably avoid getting trounced by good teams. But the real improvement won't be shown in the win/loss record, it will be in the stats and on the field.

I agree with all of that. Like I said, from a regular season record, I wouldnt be shocked if we were a win or two lower or a win or two higher, but I will judge our success in the post season. Im sure we make it in, lets see what we can do when the pressure is on and our OC isnt in the hospital.

i mean, i feel u and all... im not arguing with you or anything at best i see us at 10-6..maybe 10-5...

Im assuming you mean 11-5 of course.

Just looking at these teams so far, I see 9 "almost a lock" wins (again, just on paper). Jags x 2, Titans x 2, Rams, Dolphins, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs. Obviously one or two of these guys could catch us off guard but heres my breakdown.

Jags- Awful

Titans- CJ2K has 2 unimpressive seasons in a row. Still have Locker at QB. Hes decent, but Im not impressed by him. They dont seem to have gotten much better over the offseason.

Rams- Rams are a sneaky team. May be one of our toughest tests this year. But until Bradford can show me hes a decent qb, Im not gonna be scared.

Dolphins- Besides Wallace, they dont even look like a pro team. Not concerned.

Raiders- Raiders, nuf said. In all seriousness, they have an unproven qb, they lost dhb, and McFadden cant stay healthy to save his life.

Chargers- Rivers has been awful and they just lost their top receiver for the season. RYAN MATTHEWS is their starting rb. My favorite stat of his? More clavicle injuries than touchdowns last season.

Cheifs- Another sneaky team, besides Rams, they are next biggest threat of these teams.

We have NEVER lost to the Texans at home. That wont happen this year either. So theres 10. 

Its hard to know what to expect from the Cardinals, but the only elite player they have on offense is Fitz. I think we take that one, but it will be close. Theres 11.

Bengals are SOOO up and down. One week they look strong, the next they look like they need to rebuild. Their inconsistencies will give us the edge imo. Theres 12.

Seahawks will be a BATTLE. But, its at home, and you know Luck is gonna wanna show that all the hype over Wilson needs to go his way. A really tough battle, but theres 13.

Again just my opinion.

I thnk we have an improved team but regress with our record. I think we are a 10-6 team this year. We still have a lot of question marks on this team but we have improved in almost all areas I still think. I still don't know if Pagano can coach...he motivated us...but now he has to coach...we will see. New offense I think will eliminate turnovers and sustain drives. We have beefed up the defense but I still don't know if we can rush the qb. I think our schedule is WAY tougher than last years. Divisional games are always difficult and I think we split both Titans and Texans. I also think the Broncos, 49ers, and Seahawks get us too. Any game is winnable and any game is losable (lol). Teams like the Bengals and especially the Chiefs I think will be a lot better....there are no gimmies there. Health will determine a lot...we were pretty lucky last year that most of our key players stayed healthy...who knows this year. So...while we have a better team..I don't see us winning more games...but I do think the division comes down to the wire and I think we will be a dangerous wild card team that no one wants to play.

I don't think we sweep the Titans again they added Warmack and Levitre to bolster the running attack of Cj2k and Greene. We'll split with Texans and Titans and sweep the Jags. I have us going 10-6 with losses to 49ers,@Texans,@Titans, Broncos, @Bengals, and @ Cards - Bruce Arians knows Lucks strengths and weaknesses. Well still make the playoffs.

I got us at 14-2 if we get to bye undefeated then 16 and 0

I don't think we sweep the Titans again they added Warmack and Levitre to bolster the running attack of Cj2k and Greene. We'll split with Texans and Titans and sweep the Jags. I have us going 10-6 with losses to 49ers,@Texans,@Titans, Broncos, @Bengals, and @ Cards - Bruce Arians knows Lucks strengths and weaknesses. Well still make the playoffs.

we will destroy arians and the cards we already know they will throw it downfield the whole game so it can be intercepted by toler and davis

Im assuming you mean 11-5 of course.

Just looking at these teams so far, I see 9 "almost a lock" wins (again, just on paper). Jags x 2, Titans x 2, Rams, Dolphins, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs. Obviously one or two of these guys could catch us off guard but heres my breakdown.

Jags- Awful

Titans- CJ2K has 2 unimpressive seasons in a row. Still have Locker at QB. Hes decent, but Im not impressed by him. They dont seem to have gotten much better over the offseason.

Rams- Rams are a sneaky team. May be one of our toughest tests this year. But until Bradford can show me hes a decent qb, Im not gonna be scared.

Dolphins- Besides Wallace, they dont even look like a pro team. Not concerned.

Raiders- Raiders, nuf said. In all seriousness, they have an unproven qb, they lost dhb, and McFadden cant stay healthy to save his life.

Chargers- Rivers has been awful and they just lost their top receiver for the season. RYAN MATTHEWS is their starting rb. My favorite stat of his? More clavicle injuries than touchdowns last season.

Cheifs- Another sneaky team, besides Rams, they are next biggest threat of these teams.

We have NEVER lost to the Texans at home. That wont happen this year either. So theres 10. 

Its hard to know what to expect from the Cardinals, but the only elite player they have on offense is Fitz. I think we take that one, but it will be close. Theres 11.

Bengals are SOOO up and down. One week they look strong, the next they look like they need to rebuild. Their inconsistencies will give us the edge imo. Theres 12.

Seahawks will be a BATTLE. But, its at home, and you know Luck is gonna wanna show that all the hype over Wilson needs to go his way. A really tough battle, but theres 13.

Again just my opinion.

when we play titans shone green not chris Johnson wil be the concern after all he did run all over us last year scoring three rushing tds with the jets.

Based on last year, I think Bruce believes Luck's main attribute is the ability to take a beating.

Argument for the Colts should include where the Colts have upgraded this year?

RB The Colts added a couple of running backs...... one with a SB Ring (Bradshaw) who is a very capable runner, receiver and blocker. Gotta love the attitude Bradshaw brings to the offense. Kerwynn will give the Colts a huge threat coming out of the backfield. 

QB Adding MH upgrades the talent at the QB position.  Luck has a full year under his belt and a full Training Camp and OTA's this year.  Luck was also able to spend time in the off season with his weapons.  I expect a huge jump in Luck from year 1 to 2.

WR We are better at the position with the addition of DHB and the youngers guys (Brazil,TY,) having another year under their belt.  Who ever makes the roster Whalen or Palmer definitely upgrades the position from last year.

TE This is another area where I believe the Colts have improved.  Fleener was not himself last year (injured rookie) and I believe he will be a major contributor.  There is evidence that Fleener will be a better player this year.  Allen who had a good year will only be better.  Justice is an upgrade over Saunders.

O-Line The O-Line has no where to go but up.  The additions of the veterans GC and DT along with the rookies KH and HT give us a much better chance of keeping Luck clean and the ability to run the ball. 

D-line We are bigger and stronger up front and have the type of players needed to play the positions.  Not only was the D-line upgraded there is also depth.

LBs Again we have guys now who know this defense and have the size and strength to play the position.  Mathis moving to the rush backer and Walden having the skills to stop the run is a major upgrade over Freeny and Mathis.  Freeman in his second year and all the depth only helps.

DB Our secondary may be the most upgraded group of the team.  We now have a legitimate  secondary with a 2 pro bowl safety and 2 corners who can play man to man.  I love Butler as the nickel.

Grigson has upgraded every position on the team.  I believe this being the second year in the 3-4 also helps.  As far as the new offense...........much more efficient then the chuck it down the field philosophy.

We are a much better team then we were last year and I expect it will show early on.

How do we measure the will to win? Luck, Wayne, Mathis, Chapman, Hilton, Bradshaw, Bethea, and Redding have unbelievable drives. Wayne, Mathis, and Bradwhaw have all won a SB. Most of the starters have playoff experience with several winning a playoff game. Grigson has done an excellent job mixing in youth and experience. If Bradshaw plays like he did for the Giants, Hilton continues on his track, the OL improves, and Luck continues to improve (all these things seem likely) then we can have a top 5 offense. The defense seems likely to be top ten. A few games into the season and we will know for sure. I for one believe we can win the division and possibly get to the SB. The Pundits pick Houston, Denver and SF but they are just like us-they can not measure the will to win.

5 OCT 6 COLTS VS. SEAHAWKS--Loss

8 BYE

9 NOV 3 COLTS AT   TEXANS--Win

16 DEC 22 COLTS AT CHIEFS--Loss

I think at best we are a 12-4 team. One of those teams besides the top dogs are going to catch us and put a loss on our schedule (Titans, Bengals, Chiefs, Rams). Then again we could end up beating Denver or Seattle, I don't see us beating the 49ers in SF. At worst I believe we're an 9-7 team. 

Though the Colts could potentially struggle this year, for a solid decade after 2013-2014 we will be back to being prominent year in year out Super Bowl Contenders. 2014 brings more money to solidify our roster and another draft for Grigs to bring in young stars.

I also believe that we will be 3-1 after the first 4 weeks of season, and will likely win the division.