Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts signed center Thomas Austin and waived-injured ILB Scott Lutrus. Austin (6-4, 310) has spent time w/ MIN, NE, HOU, & CAR.

Looks bad for Holmes

Not necessarily you need 3 centers to play in a preseason game and practices, we all pretty much know he is going to miss a preseason game or two, plus Scott Lutrus was injured anyway

Least we're not like the 49ers:

15 players missed practice today:

Inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman, who aggravated a groin strain, and Patrick Willis, sporting a black cast on his broken right hand, were among the players who did not suit up for practice.

Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins and Kassim Osgood -- did not practice. Another receiver, Quinton Patton, is not able to catch passes due to a soft cast to protect an injured middle finger on his left hand.

Outside linebacker Aldon Smith, center Jonathan Goodwin, Rookie tackle Carter Bykowksi

In addition to Crabtree and Manningham, there are five other players who are on active PUP or non-football injury: Running backs Kendall Hunter (Achilles) and Marcus Lattimore (knee), defensive linemen Tank Carradine (knee) and Quinton Dial (toe), and tackle Luke Marquardt (foot).

Least we're not like the 49ers:

15 players missed practice today:

Inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman, who aggravated a groin strain, and Patrick Willis, sporting a black cast on his broken right hand, were among the players who did not suit up for practice.

Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins and Kassim Osgood -- did not practice. Another receiver, Quinton Patton, is not able to catch passes due to a soft cast to protect an injured middle finger on his left hand.

Outside linebacker Aldon Smith, center Jonathan Goodwin, Rookie tackle Carter Bykowksi

In addition to Crabtree and Manningham, there are five other players who are on active PUP or non-football injury: Running backs Kendall Hunter (Achilles) and Marcus Lattimore (knee), defensive linemen Tank Carradine (knee) and Quinton Dial (toe), and tackle Luke Marquardt (foot).

Not to derail this thread, but I heard that Austin Collie is going back to the Niners for a second try-out.

@gmbremer: DHB made an outstanding catch going to the ground from Luck in 11-on-11 drills. #ColtsCamp

Yay!  I guess rumors of DHB's demise were greatly over-stated, with some good catches at yesterday's and today's practices...

@gmbremer: DHB made an outstanding catch going to the ground from Luck in 11-on-11 drills. #ColtsCamp

So he has some Garcon in him, miss the easy ones and then catch the hard ones...

Honestly for both of them that tells me part of the issue is just focus.  On the harder catches they are focusing more because they know it's going to be a harder catch where as with the easy ones I think they might not focus as much as they need to. 

@andrewmishler: Remember the days when the Colts 2nd and 3rd team offenses couldn't do anything in the preseason? Won't happen this year. Not with these QBs

That hadn't crossed my mind.  With Hasselbeck, preseason will be more enjoyable.  Might actually win a game. 

So he has some Garcon in him, miss the easy ones and then catch the hard ones...

Honestly for both of them that tells me part of the issue is just focus.  On the harder catches they are focusing more because they know it's going to be a harder catch where as with the easy ones I think they might not focus as much as they need to. 

focus & a il time to get comfortable IMO . If he can't handle it I'm sure Hilton will .

WOW..  what if Indy gets some return out of Ben I and Chap this season. .   It's like picking up 2 new nice FA's.  

Great news.  

According to Bruno Chapman has been DESTROYING our OL?   Don't know to think of that really but a great DT/NG is HUGE.

Yeah, the fact that we're three days into to full contact practicing and he's still going strong is very encouraging.

That hadn't crossed my mind.  With Hasselbeck, preseason will be more enjoyable.  Might actually win a game. 

I like having Hasslebeck as a back up  , 18's back up  was a joke I preferred a clipboard in Sorgi's hand that was all he was good for . 

I just can't wait to see all our new players O-line & D-line especially ..

@KBowenColts: Very productive days for Reggie Wayne and DHB. Both with a handful of catches. Wayne with a deep touchdown from Luck

@KBowenColts: Strong afternoon for Vontae Davis. Picked off a deep ball intended for Hilton and an end zone pass deflection on what would have been a TD

@andrewmishler: Ben Ijalana looked good pass blocking. Feet were moving better than some of the other tackles.

yeah big ben turning some heads awesome hope he makes the 53 also wondering if rick schmeig is doing well at center id like to see if he can impress any upgrade at center would be awesome....if he's any good

@KBowenColts: Strong afternoon for Vontae Davis. Picked off a deep ball intended for Hilton and an end zone pass deflection on what would have been a TD

Glass half full.  Nice to see Vontae picking up where he left off last year.