Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks Like Arians Is Already Making His Mark

krunk

Cardinals | Carson Palmer praises Bruce Arians Fri May 24, 03:39 PM

Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer praised head coach Bruce Arians after organized team activities. 'I love the head coach,' Palmer said. 'I mean, I love the head coach. He keeps it real. He already has this team wrapped around his finger. And we have some talented players in this locker room.'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--new-cardinals-qb-carson-palmer-feels-reborn-in-the-desert-134713131.html

Cardinals are gonna be more competitive this year than some people think. I can actually see them possibly finishing above the Rams, but not so sure about the Seahawks or 49ers.

I think the West may have 4 playoff caliber teams.

I think the West may have 4 playoff caliber teams.

Yep, and that's why they may be the most competitive division in the NFL right now. It's gonna be fun watching them duke it out for the title. Maybe they'll send three teams to the playoffs this year? I for one wouldn't be surprised.

Yep, and that's why they may be the most competitive division in the NFL right now. It's gonna be fun watching them duke it out for the title. Maybe they'll send three teams to the playoffs this year? I for one wouldn't be surprised.

I will be shocked to see the AZ make the playoffs. Average roster , over the hill QB , worst ownership in the NFL. Add that to maybe being in the toughest division in the NFL and it doesn't spell playoffs to me.

"When you like the coach and the guys in the locker room, and you know you can still play at a high level, and you feel like you can help take a team to a Super Bowl, and you know you're job's not gonna be as hard as it may have been before – it's just fun. It's been very fun since I've been here. And nobody thinks OTAs are fun."

Really Carson? You have a lot to prove sir. In the Bengals 2005 season,  you sustained a serious"knee injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," involving numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap" [source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2290239]  & you played miserably for the Raiders once you were traded in 2011. 

If you truly think you are SB bound, you need a CAT scan Mr. Palmer.  haha  Unlike the popular mid 80's musician's song by Robert Palmer, you are NOT "Simply Irresistible"...Any relation BTW? 

Carson Palmer does still have adequate arm strength to sling the ball, but he moves like big, slow ox. Destroy the pocket & Palmer is done IMO. I know Bruce Arians has worked miracles with QBs in the past, but if your offensive line is compromised,  it's over like shooting fish in a barrel & Palmer is...

MobyDickTonyMillionaireCoverPoster.jpg

Carson Palmer does still have adequate arm strength to sling the ball, but he moves like big, slow ox. Destroy the pocket & Palmer is done IMO. I know Bruce Arians has worked miracles with QBs in the past, but if your offensive line is compromised, it's over like shooting fish in a barrel & Palmer is...

MobyDickTonyMillionaireCoverPoster.jpg

Moby Dick sunk the Pequod.

Moby Dick sunk the Pequod.

My point is that Carson Palmer can't run almost as if he has 2 cement blocks tied to his feet & he is easy to take down on the run & a whale would be easy to shoot in a barrel, provided the barrel was large enough of course. But, I will concede that from a literary standpoint, you are indeed correct jvan.  :thmup:

I don't know if Arians will be successful in AZ, but how did he go so many years without even getting a sniff at a HC job? Especially when you consider all the duds that have hired over the years.

Arians seems to be a hit no matter where he goes...I hope he continues to do well.

If he takes the AZ Cardinals to the Playoffs, he's nearly a lock for "Coach Of The Year." And if that does happen, I will give Bruce full credit for the miraculous turnaround & grudgingly admit that I was wrong. I have nothing against Palmer personally. I just have serious reservations about what Carson has left in the tank.

Although, most of my predictions last season were wrong except for making CK vs Alex Smith the permanent starter in San Francisco. So, don't put too much stock in them. My track record in the football fortunate telling business is pretty dismal. Oh hades, why beat around the bush, it sucked. :lol:

Translation: Read my commentaries, wait for my projections, & watch the opposite unfold before your very eyes. If I was a stock market expert, purchase all the stocks I warn you too stay away from...LOL!

If he takes the AZ Cardinals to the Playoffs, he's nearly a lock for "Coach Of The Year." And if that does happen, I will give Bruce full credit for the miraculous turnaround & grudgingly admit that I was wrong. I have nothing against Palmer personally. I just have serious reservations about what Carson has left in the tank.

Although, most of my predictions last season were wrong except for making CK vs Alex Smith the permanent starter in San Francisco. So, don't put too much stock in them. My track record in the football fortunate telling business is pretty dismal. Oh hades, why beat around the bush, it sucked.  :lol:

I agree with you about Palmer. Arians is a long ball guy though and that will suit Palmer. I have to admit I am intrigued to see how he does. AZ looked good for the first 4 games of the season last year and then the wheels came off. I suppose the first step is getting the players to buy in and Arians has done that.

I will be shocked to see the AZ make the playoffs. Average roster , over the hill QB , worst ownership in the NFL. Add that to maybe being in the toughest division in the NFL and it doesn't spell playoffs to me.

I think worst ownership in the NFL is debateable lol but I didn't say it had to be the Cardinals who make it. I could see the Rams sneaking into the playoffs this year too, in their second year with Fisher. Seahawks and 49ers are almost a given.

I think worst ownership in the NFL is debateable lol but I didn't say it had to be the Cardinals who make it. I could see the Rams sneaking into the playoffs this year too, in their second year with Fisher. Seahawks and 49ers are almost a given.

Your right you just said 3 teams and I also think the Rams could be good.

Bidwell has seen his team make the playoffs 5 times in his 47 years as owner. He was also known to be known as cheap , but in all fairness , he now appears to be spending. Most things can be considered to be "debatable" ,  but this guy would have to be considered the big favorite if there were a contest.

AZ isn't a playoff caliber team IMO their lineups still not that good

Their biggest problem last year was lack of quality quarterbacking and lack of an offensive line.  

They have their QB in Palmer even if he is just an average starter.  

If the O-line can step up then they have quite a bit of talent on that team at receiver.  

Their biggest problem last year was lack of quality quarterbacking and lack of an offensive line.  

They have their QB in Palmer even if he is just an average starter.  

If the O-line can step up then they have quite a bit of talent on that team at receiver.  

But they're the Cardinals and they have Art Bidwell for an owner. Other than that fluke year when Warner caught fire , this team has been a 40 year disaster. 

The owner doesn't play on the field. 

No but he has input as to what goes on the field and who coaches it. Five playoff appearances in 47 years of ownership can' be an accident. I'm guessing they will stink once again , you think they'll be good. Let's try to revisit around week 8. BTW.... I called the guy Art... his name is Bill.

huh?  O.o

My point is that if they have assembled a good team, who the owner is shouldn't matter.  The owner is the thing that typically prevents one from assembling a good team.  But once one has a good team, the owner is sort of out of the equation.

No but he has input as to what goes on the field and who coaches it. Five playoff appearances in 47 years of ownership can' be an accident. I'm guessing they will stink once again , you think they'll be good. Let's try to revisit around week 8. BTW.... I called the guy Art... his name is Bill.

I think they will be a lot better.  I wouldn't say good partially because of the division they play in.  But 8 wins doesn't seem unlikely to me. 

I think they will be a lot better.  I wouldn't say good partially because of the division they play in.  But 8 wins doesn't seem unlikely to me. 

I would consider that a good accomplishment . However , I'm not crazy about the fact that they have not addressed the long term QB issue. Not too many teams other than them , Jack. and Oakland that are in that position. Most teams at least think or hope that guy is on the roster.

I would consider that a good accomplishment . However , I'm not crazy about the fact that they have not addressed the long term QB issue. Not too many teams other than them , Jack. and Oakland that are in that position. Most teams at least think or hope that guy is on the roster.

Considering they have Palmer on a short term deal, I would guess they plan on drafting one either next year or 2 years from now.