Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Coming To London Next Week!

braveheartcolt

Interesting, and only a stones throw from my house. I've applied for some tickets in the ballot, as have a few friends on my behalf.  Now, if anyone on this forum has the skinny on how to get a message to Mr Luck, which may help get me in...... then please let me know!

Otherwise, I'll try and get the transcript /clip of the evening if it becomes available.....

Also, this could be a nice little warmer for the London game next season! Maybe the Shoe are on their way over!

Andrew Luck is returning to London, the city he partly grew up in, and you can spend an evening with him on Friday May 24.

luck3.jpgNFLUK will be staging another one of our popular Fan Nights with the Indianapolis Colts quarterback and number one pick in the 2012 Draft at 8.00 p.m. at the Mermaid Conference and Events Centre, Puddle Dock, Blackfriars, London, EC4V 3BD.

The evening will be hosted by Sky Sports presenter Neil Reynolds and will offer plenty of opportunity for fans to ask Andrew about life in the NFL, his Pro Bowl rookie year, hopes for the new season or even what he remembers from his years spent living and going to school in London.

I'm going!

I have to prepare a few questions in case I get the mic. Obviously I want to avoid the normal type of question like 'what was it like filling Peyton's shoes' or 'what was your favourite moment last year' etc. But I don't want to appear too nerdy or too smart (that won't be difficult). And something that may force a 'real' answer rather than a stock media response! Ideas welcome!! You may see me at the Seattle game wearing a signed #12 shirt!

They have set it as a 90 minute Q&A session, so hopefully we'll get a decent insight into our franchise QB.....

I'm going!

I have to prepare a few questions in case I get the mic. Obviously I want to avoid the normal type of question like 'what was it like filling Peyton's shoes' or 'what was your favourite moment last year' etc. But I don't want to appear too nerdy or too smart (that won't be difficult). And something that may force a 'real' answer rather than a stock media response! Ideas welcome!! You may see me at the Seattle game wearing a signed #12 shirt!

They have set it as a 90 minute Q&A session, so hopefully we'll get a decent insight into our franchise QB.....

Right on... happy for you, my friend!

I think you should ask him why he chose to idolize Tom Brady by wearing #12. ;) :thmup:

Right on... happy for you, my friend!

I think you should ask him why he chose to idolize Tom Brady by wearing #12. ;) :thmup:

I'm sure Mrs Wallace will beat me to that question!!!

I've just been on the NFL (UK) .Com forum, and so many non Colts fans that are going are really excited about it. It's all very friendly still over here! Civilised and nice. I may bake some cookies to share......

I'm sure Mrs Wallace will beat me to that question!!!

I've just been on the NFL (UK) .Com forum, and so many non Colts fans that are going are really excited about it. It's all very friendly still over here! Civilised and nice. I may bake some cookies to share......

Great chance to get close to a rising star and to have a unique experience I think. 

Young Andrew has handled himself quite well so far, and I think he will be one of those guys who is more or less universally respected around the league. With all the hype coming into the draft, with Pagano's battle with cancer and the team rallying around that, etc-etc, he handled everything with the grace of a man many years his senior, in my opinion.

Great chance to get close to a rising star and to have a unique experience I think. 

Young Andrew has handled himself quite well so far, and I think he will be one of those guys who is more or less universally respected around the league. With all the hype coming into the draft, with Pagano's battle with cancer and the team rallying around that, etc-etc, he handled everything with the grace of a man many years his senior, in my opinion.

I'm sure the way Brady and Manning have handled themselves over the past decade hasn't gone unnoticed by the kid.

That said, he was brought up (a bit) in the UK. Nothiong more needs to be said. If I get a question, I'm going to ask him if I can by him a beer after the Seahawks game. But only if we win. Not going to buy him a beer if he chokes.....

That was just brilliant. He's such a charming, genuinely humble and funny man. Much more personality than his colts.com interviews let on! Don't worry guys, I told him to win a Lombardi for us this year.

I'm going!

See if you can get Luck to say "God save the Queen!" in German BHC. Either that or encourage him to go to the roof & yell "Sanctuary!" Just Kidding! Truthfully, that only works well at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris with Quasimodo & a large bell tower actually.  :funny:  :lol:  lmao

Would it be wrong of me to skip my exam that day, and grap a short flight to London instead?

Absolutely not TMPHBITEU. I had a few college buddies of mine blow off getting their books while studying abroad in London once they heard about the fire at Buckingham Palace & free public access to this rare historical landmark. Okay, it wasn't literary free. You had to pay to see it, but it it was still a cool experience IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1078528/Buckingham-Palace-open-gardens-public-time-spring.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/29/newsid_4297000/4297161.stm

Just back. It was excellent, and he came across as a fine young man! Very personable and funny!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it BHC. Too bad no one asked Andrew to dramatically shout "Off with the bloody heretic's head!" [A historical objection to all those who opposed Queen Elizabeth's rise to the English throne & her refusal to blindly accept the spiritual doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church.]

Yes SW1 is a huge history buff.  haha  :thmup:

And how bout the infamous line uttered by Queen Marie Antoinette, though to be fair there is some dispute by some historians, that she actually said it: "Let them eat cake!"

[Her husband, Louis XVI, a French monarch let the public masses starve in the 18th Century streets while the ruling class lived in the lap of luxury & flamboyant excess just prior to the French Revolution.]

It would funny too if cake was offered as food & drink at this event after the comment was actually made too. ;) :td:

Best question: after a good lead up to the question about the Colts historied franchise, and some of the legends we've had at QB, the fan then said...."so, what did it feel like following in the footsteps of (pause)....Curtis Painter. Big laughs, even from Andrew. He just waved his hand and said 'next'. Too classy to even dis Curtis.

One question about Peyton, and he absolutely said they talk about him all the time. He did so many great things, why wouldn't they etc?

Was asked about losing to Griffin (Heisman and ROY). Loads of respect to Bob. Said he wasn't too worried about personal accolades, but it did 'hurt' a little, but not a lot. Very honest. 

When asked if Richard Sherman (he played with him at Stanford) was the * came across as, he said not at all. Great player. And he 'has a plan'.....

Took us through a huddle scenario, explaining the routes and the calls, and what each player does, and how manic it can be with all the * chat.

No big 'trash talkers, but Clay Matthews does talk non stop.

Thought the Suck for Luck campaign was ridiculous, and wasn't paying any attention to who was going to get the 1st pick. Totally concentrating on his own game.

He definitely impressed everyone who was there, irrespective of who they supported. Very charming, and funny. Like Peyton, more than happy to poke fun at himself. They did a QB competition (disguised 10 QB's and had to guess who they were). One he never got was his father......

Fav stadium other than LOS was Soldier Field.

There was much more, but these are the things that stuck in my mind......he then stayed and signed everything......

He was over in his own time for the Champions League final (2 x German teams), and offered to do this.

I like him even more now.

Best question: after a good lead up to the question about the Colts historied franchise, and some of the legends we've had at QB, the fan then said...."so, what did it feel like following in the footsteps of (pause)....Curtis Painter. Big laughs, even from Andrew. He just waved his hand and said 'next'. Too classy to even dis Curtis.

One question about Peyton, and he absolutely said they talk about him all the time. He did so many great things, why wouldn't they etc?

Was asked about losing to Griffin (Heisman and ROY). Loads of respect to Bob. Said he wasn't too worried about personal accolades, but it did 'hurt' a little, but not a lot. Very honest. 

When asked if Richard Sherman (he played with him at Stanford) was the * came across as, he said not at all. Great player. And he 'has a plan'.....

Took us through a huddle scenario, explaining the routes and the calls, and what each player does, and how manic it can be with all the * chat.

Thought the Suck for Luck campaign was ridiculous, and wasn't paying any attention to who was going to get the 1st pick. Totally concentrating on his own game.

He definitely impressed everyone who was there, irrespective of who they supported. Very charming, and funny. Like Peyton, more than happy to poke fun at himself. They did a QB competition (disguised 10 QB's and had to guess who they were). One he never got was his father......

There was much more, but these are the things that stuck in my mind......he then stayed and signed everything......

He was over in his own time for the Champions League final (2 x German teams), and offered to do this.

Nice summary of all the highlights there. Thanks BHC! 

Yup, that's why I admire Luck. He doesn't let mindless sideshows distract him & he respects the Indianapolis Colts franchise that drafted him & he will respect Jim Irsay & the organization by carrying himself with the respect & honor worthy of this world class team.  :1colts:

When the best player on the team repeatedly demonstrates that he doesn't care about attention, and honors, and awards, and media, and money,  and that all he does care about is being the best he can be and winning.......

THAT rubs off on a team very quickly.....   everyone else falls into line pretty quickly....    

That's Andrew Luck.....    :thmup:

Just wanted to say a Big Thanks for taking the time to post this....   great stuff....

And, if you happen to think of any more,  please come back and post a "Part 2"....   I'm sure we'd all love to read it....

Thanks again!        :thmup:

I particularly enjoyed "Is Jim Harbaugh as mental as he seems?"

"ahhhhh... yeah, he's mental." 

Also, he really loves Indy by the sounds of it. Very defensive of his team, can't praise his own teammates higher. Just such a great guy.

Also categorically dismissed any notion of him running the read option, because he's "not athletic enough".

I particularly enjoyed "Is Jim Harbaugh as mental as he seems?"

"ahhhhh... yeah, he's mental." 

Also, he really loves Indy by the sounds of it. Very defensive of his team, can't praise his own teammates higher. Just such a great guy.

Also categorically dismissed any notion of him running the read option, because he's "not athletic enough".

Good point Dan. He did not dismiss it as a fad, but 'suggested' that it would be worked out.