Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carimi

IndyColtScout

I haven't really watched him enough to say one way or the other, But the Bears would be stupid to cut him after 2 years with the amount of talent thats been surrounding Carimi especially only starting the equivalent of 1 full season

I usually don't star threads like this but if he is on the bubble like Redzone is reporting then that is actually a player we should claim/sign. I don't see why the Bears would cut him but Ide rather have Gabe over Link & Reitz. Thoughts?

I saw this rumor on Roto as well. I remember hoping the Colts would have got him but I was just as happy with Castonzo. If he were available and we signed him it would most likely be in a backup role and I don't think he is ready to go that route yet. He would want too much money IMO.

Depending on what site you use, I use Pro Football Weekly. Carimi has been quite a bit better then Castonzo, Carimi has allowed 7.5 sacks in his career so far along with 9 penalties combine that with the Bears solid running game and Pro Football Weekly's #s saying Castonzo has given up  18.5 sacks and 7 penalties and its not even close...If they are to be believed of course

http://www.profootballweekly.com/players/gabe-carimi-332060/

Depending on what site you use, I use Pro Football Weekly. Carimi has been quite a bit better then Castonzo, Carimi has allowed 7.5 sacks in his career so far along with 9 penalties combine that with the Bears solid running game and Pro Football Weekly's #s saying Castonzo has given up  18.5 sacks and 7 penalties and its not even close...If they are to be believed of course

http://www.profootballweekly.com/players/gabe-carimi-332060/

No, Castanzo is much better. Stats mean nothing. Castanzo has also started at LT every game, Carimi has played guard and hardly played.

No, Castanzo is much better. Stats mean nothing. Castanzo has also started at LT every game, Carimi has played guard and hardly played.

Stats mean nothing? Thats completely illogical, giving up to much yards on the ground or air can cost ya games(thats a stat of course) Congrats to Castonzo for playing almost every game, Did he do it well? Certainly not, Carimi has also played in 18 games and started 16(Carimi got injured in his second game his rookie year and was put on IR), Castonzo played in 28, 18.5 sacks is entirely to much

I'd consider Carimi over Castonzo

As a tackle who played 347 snaps as a pass blocker in 2012, Carimi surrendered 44 QB disruptions (7 sacks, 28 pressures and 9 QB hits) and had the 3rd worst pass blocking efficiency of any offensive tackles in 2012.

As a tackle who played 347 snaps as a pass blocker in 2012, Carimi surrendered 44 QB disruptions (7 sacks, 28 pressures and 9 QB hits) and had the 3rd worst pass blocking efficiency of any offensive tackles in 2012.

according to what

Carimi is a bum IMO... Up here in NW Indiana we get the Chicago sports talk and all of the Bears games... I don't know what his problem is or if he can ever turn it around, but he has been just awful for the Bears at Tackle and Guard... I'm not sure how he compares to Link and Mcglynn, but, aside from some sporadic run blocking, he hasn't even shown flashes of the talent he appeared to have in college... I'd only sign him as a cheap backup...

I'd consider Carimi over Castonzo

dude the guy was benched...then after he was benched like in november the only way he saw the field was after 2 Guards got injured.

now a post before you said, the talent on that ol IS BAD AS HECK...yet he couldnt see the field.

and you'll take him over Castonzo? just because you liked hte guy out of college doesnt mean he panned out. He obviously didnt, since he is in the talks of getting cut. Also, how can you say you'd "consider" Carimi over castonzo when you admitelly havent even seen him play.

dont let confrontation with other posters lead you to this kinds of posts.

stats are fine, but you use them for like everything. 

Carimi can play both guard and tackle, which would seem to improve his chances of making the roster, but a closer look at the line raises the question of where Carimi would fit: Jermon Bushrod is set as the starter at left tackle, and right tackle will be a competition between J’Marcus Webb and Jonathan Scott, with the loser between those two probably making the roster as a backup. The recently signedMatt Slauson and this year’s first-round draft pick, Kyle Long, will likely start at guard. That might leave Carimi battling to be the third guard on the 53-man roster, and he could easily lose that job to Edwin Williams because Williams has experience at center and could step in if starter Roberto Garza got hurt.

Carimi began his rookie season as the Bears’ starting right tackle, but he played in only two games in 2011 before suffering a season-ending knee injury. In 2012 Carimi played in all 16 games, starting 14, but he didn’t play particularly well: He was benched in November and only returned to the field when the Bears lost two guards to injuries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/bears-could-cut-carimi-two-years-after-taking-him-in-round-1/

Webb sucks and the fact that he isnt even considered to compete with him speaks volumes IMO.

I usually don't star threads like this but if he is on the bubble like Redzone is reporting then that is actually a player we should claim/sign. I don't see why the Bears would cut him but Ide rather have Gabe over Link & Reitz. Thoughts?

I'd take him.

We don't know if Thomas and/or Thornton will work out just yet.

And if they do, Carimi's probably a better back up than our current crop. McGlynn anyone?

He'd obviously have to be willing to take a back up's salary though. Which he may not.

dude the guy was benched...then after he was benched like in november the only way he saw the field was after 2 Guards got injured.

now a post before you said, the talent on that ol IS BAD AS HECK...yet he couldnt see the field.

and you'll take him over Castonzo? just because you liked hte guy out of college doesnt mean he panned out. He obviously didnt, since he is in the talks of getting cut. Also, how can you say you'd "consider" Carimi over castonzo when you admitelly havent even seen him play.

dont let confrontation with other posters lead you to this kinds of posts.

stats are fine, but you use them for like everything. 

And the Bears go through coaches like they do O Linemen, No O linemen has a shot over there, I highly doubt Carimi lost his ability along the way to run and pass block, That organization has no stability with coaching staff and subsequently O Linemen, as a matter of fact Trestman fired Tim Holt(Bears O Line coach) when he was hired, Carimi and Castonzo are the same, both are good run blockers(Carimi is just better at that) when ran behind but both will stop moving there feet in pass protection, I'd look at Carimi for backup RG purposes, He would be a solid improvement of any back up Guards on our roster

And the Bears go through coaches like they do O Linemen, No O linemen has a shot over there, I highly doubt Carimi lost his ability along the way to run and pass block, That organization has no stability with coaching staff and subsequently O Linemen, as a matter of fact Trestman fired Tim Holt(Bears O Line coach) when he was hired, Carimi and Castonzo are the same, both are good run blockers(Carimi is just better at that) when ran behind but both will stop moving there feet in pass protection, I'd look at Carimi for backup RG purposes, He would be a solid improvement of any back up Guards on our roster

I'd agree on the backup stuff, he would be better than Mcglynn IMO. 

I just wouldn't even consider him for Castonzo.

Not true Tice has been his coach for 2 years. Castonzo has had more coaches!