Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

interesting quotes on offense

BlueCollarColts

“We are going to do everything we can do to feature our playmakers,” he said in the locker room before Saturday’s rookie mini-camp practice. “It’s still early. The one thing I can tell you is Reggie Wayne is going to touch the football. Vick Ballard is going to touch the football. We will get our tight ends involved.

“We are going to allow Andrew Luck to really have a myriad of things at his disposal, but it’s early. Once we get to training camp and we get a chance to practice against a defense, we will have a better sense of what we are.”

These are quotes from Pep Hamilton, the one I found interesting was when he said we are going to get Vick Ballard the ball with no mention of Donald Brown, looks like to me they view Ballard as our #1 back

And they should, he showed that ability last year with his vision and ability to cut back but I expect Brown to be involved in this offense a fair deal, It would be silly not to take advantage of his speed, He is a game changer, a running back that can score from anywhere on the field with 1 touch

“We are going to do everything we can do to feature our playmakers,” he said in the locker room before Saturday’s rookie mini-camp practice. “It’s still early. The one thing I can tell you is Reggie Wayne is going to touch the football. Vick Ballard is going to touch the football. We will get our tight ends involved.

“We are going to allow Andrew Luck to really have a myriad of things at his disposal, but it’s early. Once we get to training camp and we get a chance to practice against a defense, we will have a better sense of what we are.”

These are quotes from Pep Hamilton, the one I found interesting was when he said we are going to get Vick Ballard the ball with no mention of Donald Brown, looks like to me they view Ballard as our #1 back

Music to my ears!

Lack of TY in that...

Well Im sure he wasn't going to rattle off every offensive play maker at his disposal, I think its a given TY will be heavily involved, Especially with us mixing it some traditional west coast offense passes with whatever else we do

And they should, he showed that ability last year with his vision and ability to cut back but I expect Brown to be involved in this offense a fair deal, It would be silly not to take advantage of his speed, He is a game changer, a running back that can score from anywhere on the field with 1 touch

Donald Brown? Game Changer? Currently sitting behind a rookie. No Im not talking about K-Dub - i mean V Ballard as the rookie.

Gavin - its my understanding you usually have something solid to back up your comments but I had to say something about this one. Feel free to set me straight but you described CJ Spiller or D Sproles but you were talking about Donald Brown.

D Brown may have value to us - but not as a change of pace back. My opinion obviously - & i have RB still as our pre-camp #1 need.  

TKnight85:

I really gotta stop reading these articles. They just make me want the season to come quicker, & then reality smacks me that it's only May

:sigh:          

^^^^^

I'm also feeling the same way, I just want to turn off that part of my brain for a couple months and go through summer and right at end of July/Aug 1st have a timer go off and WOO HOO time for Feetball again and a few days later, 92 days from today on Aug 11th and finally a game and even if it is just Pre-season :}

Go Colts!!!!!

Donald Brown? Game Changer? Currently sitting behind a rookie. No Im not talking about K-Dub - i mean V Ballard as the rookie.

Gavin - its my understanding you usually have something solid to back up your comments but I had to say something about this one. Feel free to set me straight but you described CJ Spiller or D Sproles but you were talking about Donald Brown.

D Brown may have value to us - but not as a change of pace back. My opinion obviously - & i have RB still as our pre-camp #1 need.  

Far to early to say what our needs are for the 2014 offseason, The only thing that can really be said for sure is a need is depth at every position along with a future #1 wr to replace Reggie when he retires(I have a few ideas what our needs are going to be but I will let that play out so as not to get some all in a hissy fit)....As for Brown having...or not having game changing speed......Lucks very first pass was to Brown in the preseason that went for a 4 yard dump off in which Brown toook it over 63 yards for a TD....He also created an 80 yard run out of horrible blocking on the right side for a td vs the Titans in 2011, and a 50 yard run the year before that and a 45 yarder his rookie year vs St Louis....Its there, Our coaches have just done a real disservice in regards to getting quality O Linemen the last few years or the O Linemen that we had that were good were just past there prime and not what they once were(Saturday...Although I can make a strong argument he was our best O Lineman in his last year with us), In any case, running the ball starts with your O Line being able to impose there will on the D Line and there are various ways to do that, But it all starts with getting the quality O Linemen

If healthy, Brown will get as many snaps as Ballard. He may be behind him based on losing his starting spot to injury, but talent wise, they're not far apart. Vick did a great job at the end of the year but I think the starting job is yet to be decided.

I won't be surprised if they alternate series at the start of the game, and whoever performs better gets more series as the game goes on.

When we hired Pep Hamilton I was firmly convinced we were going with a West coast Offensive philosophy. And any remarks that hinted at keeping things that Arians did, were simply milquetoast misdirection that was being thrown out there to placate a shallow press pool and not give away anything to opposing teams.

But…

It is starting to look like this “No-Coast” concept is a real one.

“It’s hard to pigeonhole him,” said Shaw, Stanford’s football coach and Hamilton’s previous boss.....“The first thing you have to know about Pep is he’s had a variety of experiences and some really, really great teachers,”......Hamilton was exposed to the West Coast offense...through his association with Paul Hackett, he discovered the merits of the “digital system,” while working with Norv Turner.“Pep’s been influenced by all of those,” Shaw said. “For him, it goes back to what can players do? What do they understand? What can they be good at?........“Pep’s not going to change just to change,” Shaw said. “There’s going to be carryover (from 2012). They did some phenomenal things........“He’s smart enough to say, ‘Hey, we’re not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.”

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

there really was no question, that Ballard was our starting RB. his performance last year in the 12 games he started, proved it. Brown is more of a 3rd down back for us now. 

TKnight85:

I really gotta stop reading these articles. They just make me want the season to come quicker, & then reality smacks me that it's only May

:sigh:          

^^^^^

I'm also feeling the same way, I just want to turn off that part of my brain for a couple months and go through summer and right at end of July/Aug 1st have a timer go off and WOO HOO time for Feetball again and a few days later, 92 days from today on Aug 11th and finally a game and even if it is just Pre-season :}

Go Colts!!!!!

What about Saturday afternoons in the park with your wife. Sipping wine and having a laugh. Watching your son grow into a man. Watching the pretty girls walk by in their pretty dresses. What about long romantic weekends in Paris. Going to Hyde Park to see the Stones, watching some village cricket with a bottle of Merlot. Drawing up masterful Sunday lunches whilst listening to Pink Flloyd's Wish You Were Here. Nice evenings at the cinema, beers with the lads, a day at Royal Ascot, and celebrating your brothers birthday with a few Ales and a good Single Malt. Remembering the loved ones you've lost, and celebrating the new friends you will find.

Life is to short to wish away on a game or two of football.