Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

30 for 30 on ESPN From Elway To Marino

unitaswestand

I took away the colts wanting Marino. Had they just taken the best deal they could have gotten they could have had Hinton and Marino. Of course if the Colts were that smart back then Elway would have probably come here. Then again his issue was more with the coach.

had elway or marino been drafted, manning wouldn't have been here. both were still playing when Peyton was drafted

And, Peyton's still playing, yet we took Luck.

I know, I know, different decision makers, at the time.......just sayin'.

not only different descion makers, different situations entirely. neither Elway or Marino missed an entire season due to injury.

Rightfully so in my opinion.

BTW has there EVER been a more facially grotesque QB in the NFL than John Elway?!

Hmm, I'll have to review a lot of tape.

Also, I watched the show, as I didn't remember a lot of the details, and, though they didn't offer a lot of insight into the man, I also came away not being particularly fond of John's father.

Hmm, I'll have to review a lot of tape.

Also, I watched the show, as I didn't remember a lot of the details, and, though they didn't offer a lot of insight into the man, I also came away not being particularly fond of John's father.

Oh, and, yeah, Acorsi was a part of the problem, but I also got the feel that he would have eventually done the right thing if Irsay didn't continuously step in and take over. Seems Acorsi eventually acted in spite of Mr. Irsay.

....I also came away not being particularly fond of John's father.

Me personally, I don't find anything wrong with the decisions that they made. They were dead on correct. Baltimore's ownership was a joke. The GM was a puppet and the Head Coach was an airhead. Elway's career would've crashed and burned...and Marino's (the superior QB) probably would have as well.

Me personally, I don't find anything wrong with the decisions that they made. They were dead on correct. Baltimore's ownership was a joke. The GM was a puppet and the Head Coach was an airhead. Elway's career would've crashed and burned...and Marino's (the superior QB) probably would have as well.

Agreed, I just didn't appreciate Mr. Elway's lack of professionalism.

Though, I suppose, when you feel you're dealing with a dysfunctional party, who doesn't seem to be getting it, you can lose your cool, and tact.

Agreed, I just didn't appreciate Mr. Elway's lack of professionalism.

Though, I suppose, when you feel you're dealing with a dysfunctional party, who doesn't seem to be getting it, you can lose your cool, and tact.

Oh, that and I suppose I'm predisposed to dislike the Elways                :)

had elway or marino been drafted, manning wouldn't have been here. both were still playing when Peyton was drafted

Yeah, but towards the end of their careers. You don't just not draft a guy like manning. We still would have drafted luck last year if manning was still on the team.

the gm picked Elway while irsay was trying to trade the pick. the gm made the selection one second after the draft started

That is just odd to me, since when do GMs disregard the owners like that. Did he do it in spit and planned on being fired for it?

Yeah, but towards the end of their careers. You don't just not draft a guy like manning. We still would have drafted luck last year if manning was still on the team.

my point is, had we had elway or marino we wouldn't have had the first pick in the draft

acorsi told him, if they traded him he would resign. and he did after irsay traded him

Talk about dysfunctional. Acorsi must not have been too smart. How did he not understand that Elway would've played baseball for the Yankees instead?

It took the perfect storm for us to get Luck.  The odds of us having that happen twice is makes the odds of us having Elway/Marnio to Manning to Luck look good. 

Seriously, does anyone know when this ESPN 30 for 30 episode on Elway will re air again? I really wanna see this. I missed it the 1st time. Bummer. Either that, or I can look for it on You Tube & post it later once it becomes available.

I just went to You Tube & they had it broken into 3 parts, but it was taken down due to the length of the episode/duration & copyright concerns. Man, I can't catch a break...

acorsi was going to trade him, but he wanted more than was on the table at the time.

Actually, and I'll have to watch it again, but I thought he had a good deal a couple of times, but Irsay stepped in, took over, and blew the trades. I got the impression Acorsi pretty much just got fed up with it, and that's why he decided to make the pick in 1 second.

Seriously, does anyone know when this ESPN 30 for 30 episode on Elway will re air again? I really wanna see this. I missed it the 1st time. Bummer. Either that, or I can look for it on You Tube & post it later once it becomes available. 

Actually, it's been on twice already.

I see it's on again @ 12:30am (early tomorrow morning) Central on ESPN2.

Actually, and I'll have to watch it again, but I thought he had a good deal a couple of times, but Irsay stepped in, took over, and blew the trades. I got the impression Acorsi pretty much just got fed up with it, and that's why he decided to make the pick in 1 second.

yeah, i agree