Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavins Final Mock

With release of Mayocks final mock I thought it only appropriate to release my final mock so with that said....here it goes:

1.Chiefs-Luke Joeckel-Tackle

2.Jaguars-Barkevious Mingo-DE

3.Raiders-Star Lotulelei-DT

4.Eagles-Dion Jordan-DE

5.Lions-Ziggy Ansah-DE

6.Browns-Tavon Austin-WR

7.Cardinals-Eric Fisher-OT

8.Bills-Ryan Nassib-QB

9.Jets-Cordarelle Patterson-WR

10.Titans-Xavier Rhodes-CB

11.Chargers-Lane Johnson-Tackle

12.Dolphins-D.J. Fluker-Tackle

13.Jets.Dee Milliner-CB

14.Panthers-Shareef Floyd-DT

15.Saints-Jarvis Jones-DE

16.Rams-Kenny Vaccaro-Safety

17.Steelers-Keenan Allen-WR

18.Cowboys-John Cyprien-Safety

19.Giants-Jonathan Cooper-G

20.Bears-Manti Teo-ILB

21.Bengals-Eric Reid-Safety

22.Rams-Sheldon Richardson-DT

23.Vikings-Deandre Hopkins-WR

24.Colts-Cornellius Carradine-DE

25.Vikings-Sylvester Williams-DT

26.Packers-Barrett Jones-C (yes I still think he has a shot to go in the bottom of the 1st, prior to injury he was talked about as a 1st round pick, there is a reason for that)

27.Texans-Justin Hunter-WR

28.Broncos-Bjoern Werner-DE

29.Patriots-Datone Jones-DE

30.Falcons-Alex Okafor-DE

31.49ers-Jesse Williams-NT/DE

32.Ravens-Matt Elam-Safety

Colts 3rd round pick Brian Winters

Oh.....    just shoot me now.

Someone with a gun....    please just shoot me.    Do it right, and don't make a mess of things,  but put a bullet in my head and put me out of my misery....     Please!

:facepalm:         :bored:         :facepalm:         :loco:         :facepalm:          :wall:            :facepalm: 

Is it Thursday night yet?    Please, the draft can't get here soon enough!

Oh.....    just shoot me now.

Someone with a gun....    please just shoot me.    Do it right, and don't make a mess of things,  but put a bullet in my head and put me out of my misery....     Please!

:facepalm:         :bored:         :facepalm:         :loco:         :facepalm:          :wall:            :facepalm: 

Is it Thursday night yet?    Please, the draft can't get here soon enough!

Thats your contribution to this thread? your opinion......Seriously? Flare for the dramatic eh?

Gavin......

You know I live you like a Colts brother....   Remember, I was the guy who encouraged you to do one more Mock when you announced last week that was your last mock.    I said,  'no, do another!'     And then you had to go and do this....

So when you lead with your chin and practically beg someone to hit it,  you can't be surprised or angered when somebody does...

-- No Warmack --- Ooops!

-- Jones in the first?!

-- Okafor in the first?!

Hey, one of them might happen.    All of them might happen.    And I might win the next power ball lottery.    Technically, it's possible.    But I think the odds are pretty small.

Guess you should've quit last week......

Like this for 1 reason according to this warmack is there when we pick haha and also IMO if cooper fell that far he won't go to the giants so then he could fall to us too :P

I forgot about Warmack, i was flipping between pages (Mayocks mock and NFL.com draft Grades and Predict The Pick on NFL.com so I forgot

If Gavin winds up reading this thread again,  I'm posting a story just put out a day or so ago by ESPN.com....

And it's all about........   Barrett Jones.....     It's mostly a very flattering story.....   except for the part about the player evaluation....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9197435/2013-nfl-draft-alabama-barrett-jones-espn-magazine

Here are the three key paragraphs about his playing ability.....

Why, then, is the NFL so lukewarm on Jones as an NFL prospect?  Scouts have questions about his feet and strength, and doubts about his athleticism.  He's projected, at best, as a second- or third-round pick.  Good character, says Lions coach Jim Schwartz, can make a scout or a GM more comfortable, but only so much.  "The one thing you want to try to avoid having is a reason other than athletic ability for why the guy doesn't succeed,"  Schwartz says.  "I think good character makes you feel stronger about your evaluation because it will cushion a little bit of the volatility that comes with drafting anybody.  When you're in a people business, you don't know everything."

But ultimately it comes down to what teams see on tape.  One longtime NFL scout believes Jones was one of the most overrated linemen in college football last season.

"He's just an average player," the scout says.  "He's probably a fifth-round talent.  But if you throw in all the intangibles -- work ethic, intelligence, toughness, competitiveness, instincts -- then it's a feel-good pick, something that will make the owner and the media happy.   But it shows you what a joke those college awards are.   He's never going to embarrass you off the field, but he'll probably be a backup forever.   He could succeed in the right system, but he's just not very good."

If Gavin winds up reading this thread again,  I'm posting a story just put out a day or so ago by ESPN.com....

And it's all about........   Barrett Jones.....     It's mostly a very flattering story.....   except for the part about the player evaluation....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9197435/2013-nfl-draft-alabama-barrett-jones-espn-magazine

Why, then, is the NFL so lukewarm on Jones as an NFL prospect?  Scouts have questions about his feet and strength, and doubts about his athleticism.  He's projected, at best, as a second- or third-round pick.  Good character, says Lions coach Jim Schwartz, can make a scout or a GM more comfortable, but only so much.  "The one thing you want to try to avoid having is a reason other than athletic ability for why the guy doesn't succeed,"  Schwartz says.  "I think good character makes you feel stronger about your evaluation because it will cushion a little bit of the volatility that comes with drafting anybody.  When you're in a people business, you don't know everything."

But ultimately it comes down to what teams see on tape.  One longtime NFL scout believes Jones was one of the most overrated linemen in college football last season.

"He's just an average player," the scout says.  "He's probably a fifth-round talent.  But if you throw in all the intangibles -- work ethic, intelligence, toughness, competitiveness, instincts -- then it's a feel-good pick, something that will make the owner and the media happy.   But it shows you what a joke those college awards are.   He's never going to embarrass you off the field, but he'll probably be a backup forever.   He could succeed in the right system, but he's just not very good."

I'll admit my bias....I by the hype on B. Jones.  I just don't see how all these limitations are anything but overstated.  He's big enough, he has good enough feet to play LT against SEC edge rushers and win awards doing it, and he's versatile enough to play every position.  Seems like over analysis when he can obviously block NFL defensive linemen and has been for 4 years.  

He likely will be average. I get the reasons he is looked at as a mid round talent, I agree he probably will go in the mid rounds but I think the Packers could reach do to a seriosu need at Center. I see mistakes in his game (watching D Linemen sometimes after making a play on them for instance). Also Okafor is certainly one of them fringe 1st round picks, more likely to fall but he has the strength, the size, the production and the quick get off at the snap and good tackling ability