Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts host Margus Hunt

Everyone

Maybe getting him at 24 is a bit of a reach, but Hunt has tons of potential and because of his versatility and his athleticism could definitely fit in our system.

Could be worth a trade down. Don't know why there's so much hate towards him, I really like him.

He is the kind of player that becomes great and people wonder why teams passed on him. They already profiled his work ethic and he is hungry. Isn't lack of hunger one of the main reasons talented players bust?

DHB was a workout warrior with a great work ethic and hunger. He's a good example of why you draft guys who have actually produced instead of reaching for guys with the best measurables.

Margus Hunt is a beast. I don't care about his age. If Grigson and co. feel he can be a force as a 3-4 DE then get him.

I see a lot of talent and technique for someone who started playing late. He's useing his arms a lot in the video which is a great sign of instincts/ football IQ. hes not just useing power either he looks very fast on the field. Combine what you see in the video with his 40 time and his workout, i think hed be a very good player for the Colts. Could be an upgrade over most of our DEs. Looks like a JJ Watt Lite.

I trust the Colts on this and don't see why being slightly older is a huge deal, if we can get 5 years of good production I'd be happy. If Colts decide to pass, I'd understand that too. Just means they recognized another need.

All sillyness aside, if you watch Margus, he looks like king kong one play and Jane the next.

He was a decent college football player.....

There are PLENTY of college football players that were great in college that played at a higher level than him.

Why would you rate him a first round pick?

Because he is tall?

He is NOT NFL ready, he is a risk, that to me doesnt make him our pick

I wouldn't rate him a first round pick because he's tall.

I'd rate him a first round pick because he's big and tall and strong and fast and athletic and coordinated and smart and hard working and wants to get better at this sport.    He's an athletic sponge looking to soak up everything he can about football.

I'd rate him a first round pick because he's new to football -- only a couple of years -- just the way Ziggy Ansah is and Ziggy is about to go in the top-10.    The main difference between the two is Hunt is older.  

He's got incredibly low football miles on his body, so the 26 part doesn't bother me nearly as much as others.   And while I'd love to get him at the top of the 2nd,  I'm not sure he'll be there if we trade back.   So, if we do trade back -- and that's my long stated preference -- and Hunt doesn't fall to us,  we have to have several more options.    You can't trade back counting on one guy to be there.

I'm sticking with Grigon on this.    If he stays at 24,  I'm backing who he takes....

Unless that's someone that JShipp wants.... then, I want Grigson FIRED ON THE SPOT!!     :thmup: 

:funny:         :spit:       :lol:

Andrew luck doesn't count lol. That was a given. I wonder if he said what Peyton said: if you don't pick me, I'll be kicking y'all's Butts for the next 15 years

We worked out Fleener as well lol. I think we worked out Allen also.

You're joking, right?

No.  I'm not saying he's not a good player, but splash videos are usually full of plays where the player is making the plays.  Just not a lot of that in the video, which makes it a strange splash video. 

No.  I'm not saying he's not a good player, but splash videos are usually full of plays where the player is making the plays.  Just not a lot of that in the video, which makes it a strange splash video.

It's his plays from a single game where he had a couple sacks, couple of TFL, a forced fumble that was returned for a TD and multiple QB hurries. Pretty impressive game to me.

It's his plays from a single game where he had a couple sacks, couple of TFL, a forced fumble that was returned for a TD and multiple QB hurries. Pretty impressive game to me.

A single game?  Sorry, missed that.  I thought it was his whole season.  Duh....  Ok, then he looked pretty good for one game.

I wouldn't be too upset with this pick but I'd rather Datone Jones based on what I've seen.

I'd be happy with Jones, too. I'm a fan of both. Nothing personal against the DE's we've got, who play hard and can play solid football, but the prospect of us getting a difference-maker kind of talent at the position is one I (and our LB's) don't want to see pass us by. That's why I still wouldn't rule the position out in round 1 even with the big contract we signed RJF to.

I'd be happy with Jones, too. I'm a fan of both. Nothing personal against the DE's we've got, who play hard and can play solid football, but the prospect of us getting a difference-maker kind of talent at the position is one I (and our LB's) don't want to see pass us by. That's why I still wouldn't rule the position out in round 1 even with the big contract we signed RJF to.

I feel the same way. DE is such an important position nowadays but to be honest....

I really want a certain OLB with the last name Jones(Jarvis) to fall to us, I really like a player that falls based on combine yet his on-field play is totally different. He's an absolute force and think he could be a leader for this defense. He's a football player above all and that's what I ultimately care about, not their 40-yd dash.