Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade Andrew Luck for Aaron Rodgers or any other QB right now?

jshipp23

I am talking about his whole career. He has made more than any player in the history of the NFL. I will try to find the link with the salaries. Brady is nowhere close to him.

I thought you were talking about Peyton's last contract with the Colts. No need to find the numbers, I believe that it's a very significant amount more than the next person.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm not close? He had the same annual salary as Brady did at the time. The only difference was that Peyton had a clause that he could be cut before the deadline with no cap hit.

It's not even close!! Who is making more money now too??? Brady is the ultimate team guy...Manning never turned down $$$ and then he would act frustrated with the players around him cause that's all we could afford. Manning fan, but he gets his $$ first even though he gets all the endorsements and he really doesn't need it..Still ticked he took 20 million knowing he wasn't gonna play the whole season.

It's not even close!! Who is making more money now too??? Brady is the ultimate team guy...Manning never turned down $$$ and then he would act frustrated with the players around him cause that's all we could afford. Manning fan, but he gets his $$ first even though he gets all the endorsements and he really doesn't need it..Still ticked he took 20 million knowing he wasn't gonna play the whole season.

Flacco.

You know who really doesn't need the money? Brady. His wife is worth over $1 billion. Easy to turn down a few mill when your family is going to be set for another 300 years. 

Why? He was injured on the job and he should have been paid for his rehab..... He earned that 20 million..... :dancing:

Manning has made the most money of any player in the history of the NFL. Second is not even close. He is also the number one football player in endorsements. Manning may have wanted to save Irsay a couple of bucks here and there but he cashed in big time.

Also, coming off of four neck surgeries and a weakened arm/hand, he still took $19 mil from Elway and the Broncs. And just got another $40 mil guaranteed this past off-season.

And they were delighted to pay it. He actually wound up making more money leaving the Colts than if he had stayed. He got his 13 wins. Wasn't his fault that they allowed two 80 yd Hail Mary TD passes..... :dancing:

Flacco.

You know who really doesn't need the money? Brady. His wife is worth over $1 billion. Easy to turn down a few mill when your family is going to be set for another 300 years. 

Lol. He could still take the money like every other player does. And back in 2005 he also took 30 percent while Giselle was still dating Decaprio.

Lol. He could still take the money like every other player does. And back in 2005 he also took 30 percent while Giselle was still dating Decaprio.

Brady wasn't an elite QB in 2005. He wouldn't have got payed like one either. Brady sure didn't care in 2010 when he became the league's highest paid player. This is still a job. Would you turn down a raise so you could have a better company?

And they were delighted to pay it. He actually wound up making more money leaving the Colts than if he had stayed. He got his 13 wins. Wasn't his fault that they allowed two 80 yd Hail Mary TD passes..... :dancing:

Did Elway say "delighted" I must have missed that. They paid him the 19 mil to watch him turn the ball over three times and have the weakened arm cost them the game in the end on the throw across his body. Now they owe him $40 more mil to boot. I can assure you Elway is not delighted...

Brady wasn't an elite QB in 2005. He wouldn't have got payed like one either. Brady sure didn't care in 2010 when he became the league's highest paid player. This is still a job. Would you turn down a raise so you could have a better company?

He wasn't? Three rings in four years and two SB MVPs spells ELITE.

He wasn't? Three rings in four years and two SB MVPs spells ELITE.

Peyton got a 7 year/ $100 million contract coming of the greatest statistical season ever by a QB. It's not a valid comparison. Brady was still one of the highest paid players in the league in 2005 regardless. Let's not act like he's Ghandi here.

Did Elway say "delighted" I must have missed that. They paid him the 19 mil to watch him turn the ball over three times and have the weakened arm cost them the game in the end on the throw across his body. Now they owe him $40 more mil to boot. I can assure you Elway is not delighted...

Why don't we just see what Elway did say?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/22/4018108/2013-nfl-combine-john-elway-peyton-manning-brock-osweiler

So when I say he met [expectations], I should probably rephrase that and say he exceeded that.

Or we can rewind this to before Manning had the second best statistical season of his career, and see how Elway felt before Manning had done anything to prove he was capable of playing up to a $96m contract:

http://www.necn.com/searchNECN/search/v/53425433/john-elway-i-couldn-t-be-happier-peyton-chose-denver.htm

His word were: "I couldn't be happier." Not exactly "delighted," but close.

Really? Tell that to Flacco. One ring and highest paid player.

Brady could have commanded any salary he wanted in 2005 but took a 30 percent under market value contract.

Flacco is not elite. His pay is elite.

You might be right about Brady being able to command any salary he wanted, but that has nothing to do with whether he was elite or not. Brady is twice the quarterback now that he was in 2005.

No it doesn't.

I hate what Brady has done to us, but I respect him more than any other player...Not elite?? He was elite year 2 as a starter. The most ACCURATE QB in NFL history, the only argument would be Joe Montana who he seems to be a clone of.

Flacco is not elite. His pay is elite.

You might be right about Brady being able to command any salary he wanted, but that has nothing to do with whether he was elite or not. Brady is twice the quarterback now that he was in 2005.

That was my point. Not sure what your defintion of elite is but when you win three rings and two SB MVPs it is hard to argue. One ok? Two ok? But three and you are the MVP twice. Come on man.

I hate what Brady has done to us, but I respect him more than any other player...Not elite?? He was elite year 2 as a starter. The most ACCURATE QB in NFL history, the only argument would be Joe Montana who he seems to be a clone of.

Most accurate? He's not even top 8 in completion percentage.

Did Elway say "delighted" I must have missed that. They paid him the 19 mil to watch him turn the ball over three times and have the weakened arm cost them the game in the end on the throw across his body. Now they owe him $40 more mil to boot. I can assure you Elway is not delighted...

From an 8 win playoff fluke to super bowl favorites? Delighted is probably an accurate description for Elway's state of mind.

Brady played like garbage against the Ravens, I'd still be delighted to have him back.

Yep. And I am sure the broncs fanbase is both dellighted and thrilled that Manning almost won another league MVP only to fizzle again in the playoffs...

I work with a Broncos fan. He doesn't blame Manning for the playoff loss. He's okay with the money the Broncos are paying him.

That was my point. Not sure what your defintion of elite is but when you win three rings and two SB MVPs it is hard to argue. One ok? Two ok? But three and you are the MVP twice. Come on man.

Playoff success does not equal "elite." Sorry.

Is there an echo in here?

Flacco is elite as much as I hate to say it his past 2 years rally validate that...1..He has a missile for an arm 2..Throws the best deep ball 3..Is very accurate..4..Wins clutch games.             Forget he was a dropped pass in the end zone against the Patriots from being in the Super Bowl 2 years in a row..He has made and won playoff games every year since his rookie year. If you watched any Ravens playoff games you could see he put the ball where only his receiver could get it and made a bunch of ok receivers look good. His receivers never really could get separation he made a ton on precision passes with turning the ball over. Look, if a guy shows up and does work you can't hate on them. THE ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF AN ELITE QB IS WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE CLUTCH AND IN PLAYOFF GAMES, HIS RECORD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF... He doesn't get the love because of his bland personality, but when they turned him loose he carried that team in the playoffs last 2 years..I have to admit he is the REAL DEAL even though I'm not a fan. He didn't get 20 million for no reason and if the Ravens didn't 20 other teams would. He won't be the highest paid player when the season starts anyways so that argument is moot.

Flacco is elite as much as I hate to say it his past 2 years rally validate that...1..He has a missile for an arm 2..Throws the best deep ball 3..Is very accurate..4..Wins clutch games.             Forget he was a dropped pass in the end zone against the Patriots from being in the Super Bowl 2 years in a row..He has made and won playoff games every year since his rookie year. If you watched any Ravens playoff games you could see he put the ball where only his receiver could get it and made a bunch of ok receivers look good. His receivers never really could get separation he made a ton on precision passes with turning the ball over. Look, if a guy shows up and does work you can't hate on them. THE ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF AN ELITE QB IS WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE CLUTCH AND IN PLAYOFF GAMES, HIS RECORD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF... He doesn't get the love because of his bland personality, but when they turned him loose he carried that team in the playoffs last 2 years..I have to admit he is the REAL DEAL even though I'm not a fan. He didn't get 20 million for no reason and if the Ravens didn't 20 other teams would. He won't be the highest paid player when the season starts anyways so that argument is moot.

Flacco is not elite. Sorry.

but it's more likely that he winds up being Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger (which, by the way, I think is his floor). 

With his mechanics, IQ, accuracy, and power, you think that these 2 are his ceiling?  He came out of college the highest rated rookie since Peyton.  I have to disagree.  Luck has shown me that if he was given Matt Ryan's or BR's team, we might have been knocking on the SB last year.  Heck, look where he got us without our head coach for most of the season and a crappy oline.

With his mechanics, IQ, accuracy, and power, you think that these 2 are his ceiling? He came out of college the highest rated rookie since Peyton. I have to disagree. Luck has shown me that if he was given Matt Ryan's or BR's team, we might have been knocking on the SB last year. Heck, look where he got us without our head coach for most of the season and a crappy oline.

He said floor. Not ceiling.

With his mechanics, IQ, accuracy, and power, you think that these 2 are his ceiling?  He came out of college the highest rated rookie since Peyton.  I have to disagree.  Luck has shown me that if he was given Matt Ryan's or BR's team, we might have been knocking on the SB last year.  Heck, look where he got us without our head coach for most of the season and a crappy oline.

I said floor, not ceiling. At worse, he's Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger. At worse.

And I'd still trade him for Aaron Rodgers, right now.

Most accurate? He's not even top 8 in completion percentage.

#9 all-time 63.7% and plays in Foxboro which is on of the hardest places for a QB just look at what visiting QB's do there....Chad Pennington is #1 at 66.0% if you wanna go by that. Go by what you see sometimes rather than just meaningless stats that could be skewed by weather, opponents, dome vs outdoor, attempts, how defenses scheme etc, etc,etc...Montana is 11th if you go by that...You really think that he is 11th? Some offenses throw down field more than others so if you just go by completion percentage to talk accuracy your wrong it's also based on the guys you have catching the ball...It's not all black and white.

I can assure you that he is delighted and ready to win. Peyton had that game won twice. That INT didn't cost them the game, the two hail Mary 80 yd. TDs did....... :dancing:

Top 10 does not equal elite. I guess Matt Schaub is elite by those standards. lol

Stats are not the most important.. What good did stats do manning or Marino when it mattered most??

Thank you...if he was on the Falcons they could have won the Super Bowl his rookie year or the Broncos, Patriots, 49ers, etc. etc...

#9 all-time 63.7% and plays in Foxboro which is on of the hardest places for a QB just look at what visiting QB's do there....Chad Pennington is #1 at 66.0% if you wanna go by that. Go by what you see sometimes rather than just meaningless stats that could be skewed by weather, opponents, dome vs outdoor, attempts, how defenses scheme etc, etc,etc...Montana is 11th if you go by that...You really think that he is 11th? Some offenses throw down field more than others so if you just go by completion percentage to talk accuracy your wrong it's also based on the guys you have catching the ball...It's not all black and white.

Umm yeah I think Montana is 11th. And Chad Pennington is the 2nd most accurate QB after Drew Brees IMO. Just because some guys aren't all-timers doesn't mean they aren't accurate.

And if you want to talk about different offensive systems, Brady dinks and dunks more than any QB in the league. 

Brady isn't the most accurate passer ever. If you're basing this off of conditions+receivers+systems, than Chad Pennington is.

I said floor, not ceiling. At worse, he's Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger. At worse.

And I'd still trade him for Aaron Rodgers, right now.

Well he was standing on the floor last year then cause he is already that good, time to get the ladder out and start climbing toward the ceiling.