Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade Andrew Luck for Aaron Rodgers or any other QB right now?

jshipp23

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers couldn't afford Megatron and Rodgers on the same team unless they started a piece of kleenex at left tackle.  

As far as records at this point QB records are dropping left and right.  I don't think we've come anywhere near seeing the end of this.  

A piece of Kleenex would be enough time for Rodgers to put it up and for Johnson to do what he does and go get it lol.

And then for Rodgers to get snapped in half after he put the pass up.  

Well good thing Rodgers is good enough to play with any receiver. ;) He doesn't need Megatron, but the thought of them together is stupendous, that's all.

Well good thing Rodgers is good enough to play with any receiver. ;) He doesn't need Megatron, but the thought of them together is stupendous, that's all.

It is a great thought but if he signs that megadeal his chances at more champs goes way down. As it is, his defense needs to be rebuilt. Clay Matthews never seems to stay healthy either and they lost Woodson (someone Rodgers said they needed to sign this off-season and Jennings). Not sure what type of team he will have going forward but with him taking 1/5 of the pie there won't be much left to contend with the likes of niners, hawks and redskins who all have QBs on their rookie deals...

It is a great thought but if he signs that megadeal his chances at more champs goes way down. As it is, his defense needs to be rebuilt. Clay Matthews never seems to stay healthy either and they lost Woodson (someone Rodgers said they needed to sign this off-season and Jennings). Not sure what type of team he will have going forward but with him taking 1/5 of the pie there won't be much left to contend with the likes of niners, hawks and redskins who all have QBs on their rookie deals...

Well there's so much defensive talent in this Draft I'm sure the Packers were thinking ahead when they let go of Woodson. It wan't for no reason. They'll probably continue testing FA for receivers but still, they are probably good enough where they are at. I do believe that it won't be easy for Rodgers, with the 49ers, Redskins and such. I have a feeling he will sign that deal...and true, that will deplete any opportunities at getting enough help around.

YES!

I'd trade Luck and any other player on our roster, straight up, for Aaron Rodgers, right now.

Edit: I posted this in another thread yesterday:

But, just to humor you, the only player at any position that I simply would not trade for any other one player right now is Aaron Rodgers. I'd give up any two players on our roster for him; I'd give up Manning and anyone not named Von Miller and maybe Demaryius Thomas; I'd give up Brady and any other player on the Pats roster; I'd give up Brees and any other player on the Saints roster. I'd give up Kaepernick and Aldon Smith for him, or Kaepernick and my entire 2013 draft class for him, but the Packers would tell the Niners to lose their number. And that's because he's young enough that he will still be at the top of his game for several more years, he might actually get better(!), and he's proven himself to be an elite performer over the last three or four seasons. There's no one I would absolutely rather have for one game, for one season, or for the next five seasons.

Edited by Superman

No because luck has the potential to be better than any qb in this league. Players like Rodgers, Ben, flacco, Brady, etc. they are who they are and now the only thing left is to get older and make it to the big dance as much as possible. But luck has another 14 years and already played like a top 10 qb his first year with a crappy team. He has so much room to grow.

So for me, no.

YES!

I'd trade Luck and any other player on our roster, straight up, for Aaron Rodgers, right now.

Yeah...Rodgers has been doing great with the mass defection of players after their Super Bowl win...Now he lost his TE and WR..You are in the minority..If Rodgers started year 1 on a 2-14 team his career path would be much different....The team he took over was a stacked team as well. Luck is a Manning/Elway/Roethlisberger hybrid monster...Why do you keep closing topics?...NO FUN!

Yeah...Rodgers has been doing great with the mass defection of players after their Super Bowl win...Now he lost his TE and WR..You are in the minority..If Rodgers started year 1 on a 2-14 team his career path would be much different....The team he took over was a stacked team as well. Luck is a Manning/Elway/Roethlisberger hybrid monster...Why do you keep closing topics?...NO FUN!

Rogers just put up MVP numbers without his #1 or #2 receiver for the majority of the season.

Playoff wins since the Super Bowl??? How do you think Luck will compare at the same age???

He won a Super Bowl in his 3rd season as a starter and is statistically the best post-season QB ever. I don't think Luck matches that.

No because luck has the potential to be better than any qb in this league. Players like Rodgers, Ben, flacco, Brady, etc. they are who they are and now the only thing left is to get older and make it to the big dance as much as possible. But luck has another 14 years and already played like a top 10 qb his first year with a crappy team. He has so much room to grow.

So for me, no.

To me, you'd be trading for an absolute certainty for at least the next five years: You're going to get excellent quarterback play, and you're going to go the playoffs every single season. What happens once you get there depends on whether your GM and coaches put good players around the quarterback.

Luck might wind up being the best quarterback of all time, but it's more likely that he winds up being Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger (which, by the way, I think is his floor). Those are just the odds; once in a generation quarterbacks don't come along that often. There is a great deal of "maybe" associated with Luck's future.

I'm not in a hurry to get rid of Luck. I like him as much as the next guy, and if there's any young quarterback in the league that I think can break into that "elite" status within the next two years, it's him. Coaching and good supporting cast are going to be crucial to his success, and I like what Grigson and Pagano are doing. I'm absolutely thrilled that he's our quarterback right now (setting aside the pain associated with losing Manning). But I'd give him up for Rodgers.

He won a Super Bowl in his 3rd season as a starter and is statistically the best post-season QB ever. I don't think Luck matches that.

He sat for 4 years and took over a Super Bowl caliber team day 1..I love him, but they got hot that 1 year and won the Super Bowl and barely made the playoffs that year...All the other years they underperformed...He looks great on the field but I'd rather have the clutch big game QB anyday..I think Luck has all the physical tools and is clutch...7 comeback wins as a rookie and we lost the playoff game against the eventual Super Bowl champs, and we played that game without our OC and their were a lot of drops by ALL the receivers including the immortal Reggie Wayne that killed momentum.

He sat for 4 years and took over a Super Bowl caliber team day 1..I love him, but they got hot that 1 year and won the Super Bowl and barely made the playoffs that year...All the other years they underperformed...He looks great on the field but I'd rather have the clutch big game QB anyday..I think Luck has all the physical tools and is clutch...7 comeback wins as a rookie and we lost the playoff game against the eventual Super Bowl champs, and we played that game without our OC and their were a lot of drops by ALL the receivers including the immortal Reggie Wayne that killed momentum.

There were also a lot of overthrows and bad passes that killed momntum as well. He easily could have thrown 30 interception.

Stats mean less than results IMO-If so Manning , Marino, and Favre would be considered G.O.A.T and not Montana, Elway, and Brady.

I'm okay with being in the minority. I was in the minority when I said the Colts had a chance to make the playoffs last season.

Rodgers didn't lose his tight end, yet. And he didn't have Jennings most of last season anyways.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts... Rodgers and Luck might have different career paths, but does that mean we can never compare them? Doesn't every player have different circumstances? All we know right now is what Rodgers is, and what Luck is. We hope to know what Luck will be, but he'd have to be a Manning/Elway/Roethlisberger hybrid to be better than Rodgers has been the past two seasons.

And I closed the other thread because it had run its course and was off topic. It's not like you have a problem starting a new one...

Stats mean less than results IMO-If so Manning , Marino, and Favre would be considered G.O.A.T and not Montana, Elway, and Brady.

Umm, he has a 100+ passer rating in the post-season. Higher than any QB ever. Not his fault that Kaep had a career game against his defense.

The answer from me is absolutely not....Curious what other people have to say on this topic as I've been bashed for saying he is elite right now...

There are a number of QBs I would trade him for. RGIII, Cam Newton and Rogers come to mind. Matt Ryan is also a good bet... Wilson in Seattle and perhaps Kapernak in San Francisco. There are others but their ages would make the difference..... :dancing:

Umm, he has a 100+ passer rating in the post-season. Higher than any QB ever. Not his fault that Kaep had a career game against his defense.

Sounds like we have a CHEESEHEAD in a colts forum...I don't understand why fans from other teams are so obsessed with the Colts..I have never had the desire to go on a Packers forum whatsoever, could care less what happens in the 1 cow town..Maybe you should change your picture, and relace Sanders with Raji...Hey Rodgers..discount double check, better make sure your insurance is paid up cause making 1/5 of the teams salary is manning esque and greedy, and will have him running for his life and having to put up all-time numbers on offense cause he'll have to score 45 cause his D will give up 40.. 1 reason I like Luck so much is he is more of a Brady personality and will think team first and not milk Irsay for every penny like Manning did..I can see him doing like Brady and taking less so they can actually keep some talent around him...

Sounds like we have a CHEESEHEAD in a colts forum...I don't understand why fans from other teams are so obsessed with the Colts..I have never had the desire to go on a Packers forum whatsoever, could care less what happens in the 1 cow town..Maybe you should change your picture, and relace Sanders with Raji...Hey Rodgers..discount double check, better make sure your insurance is paid up cause making 1/5 of the teams salary is manning esque and greedy, and will have him running for his life and having to put up all-time numbers on offense cause he'll have to score 45 cause his D will give up 40.. 1 reason I like Luck so much is he is more of a Brady personality and will think team first and not milk Irsay for every penny like Manning did..I can see him doing like Brady and taking less so they can actually keep some talent around him...

Dustin has been a member for a year and a half. You've been a member for a week and a half. How are you able to determine what kind of fan he is and who he roots for?

I'm a Colts fan as you can judge from my Avatar pic of, IMO, the greatest SS of all time. I'm a homer about somethings, but I'm not going to sit here and say that Luck, who has one season under his belt, is somehow better than an established Super Bowl/ League MVP who is breaking records every other week. Don't like what I have to say? Then put me on ignore.

Luck reminds me of Brady in many ways. I do hope he thinks team first so the Colts can continue to build around him for the next decade. I also like what the Colts mgmt is doing in terms of building the team from the lines out instead of around the QB. 

I'm a Colts fan as you can judge from my Avatar pic of, IMO, the greatest SS of all time. I'm a homer about somethings, but I'm not going to sit here and say that Luck, who has one season under his belt, is somehow better than an established Super Bowl/ League MVP who is breaking records every other week. Don't like what I have to say? Then put me on ignore.

Idk...I thought you were at first , but I've seen a lot of posts from you Packer related and I've heard other posters saying you were a Packer fan???  If your with the Colts I'll deal with the Packer nonsense, but nothing is worse than a cheesehead.

Idk...I thought you were at first , but I've seen a lot of posts from you Packer related and I've heard other posters saying you were a Packer fan???  If your with the Colts I'll deal with the Packer nonsense, but nothing is worse than a cheesehead.

Pats fans are worse. ;)

Never said he is better yet either...I said he will be and I wouldn't trade him right now...I think you will see this year Luck will be right their with him in wins at least, and he will continue to grow at a rapid pace not ever seen before and he didn't sit for 4 years to do it.....Trial by fire which I have much more respect for.

Manning did not milk Irsay for every penny possible.  He actually refused some money that Irsay offered to give him.  It was Irsay making proclamations o the media about how he was going to make Manning the highest paid player in the NFL, just like it was Irsay who got on twitter bragging about making Cherilus the 2nd highest paid RT in the league.  

It was also widely reported that it was Manning who insisted on the clause being added to his last contract that wound up leading to his release.  If the contract had been structured the way Irsay originally intended, then the Colts would have suffered a much larger cap hit if they had decided to release Manning.

The answer from me is absolutely not....Curious what other people have to say on this topic as I've been bashed for saying he is elite right now...

Yes.  Noone else would be young enough, but Rodgers should remain elite for years.  We hope/expect to be elite someday, but there's no guarantee he gets there.

My only hesitation is how dirt cheap Luck is for his talent level.  That does make it easier to fill out the rest of the roster.

Never said he is better yet either...I said he will be and I wouldn't trade him right now...I think you will see this year Luck will be right their with him in wins at least, and he will continue to grow at a rapid pace not ever seen before and he didn't sit for 4 years to do it.....Trial by fire which I have much more respect for.

Not sure Aaron needed the four years. it is just that Favre the drama king kept pretending like he was going to retire season after season...

Manning did not milk Irsay for every penny possible.  He actually refused some money that Irsay offered to give him.  It was Irsay making proclamations o the media about how he was going to make Manning the highest paid player in the NFL, just like it was Irsay who got on twitter bragging about making Cherilus the 2nd highest paid RT in the league.  

It was also widely reported that it was Manning who insisted on the clause being added to his last contract that wound up leading to his release.  If the contract had been structured the way Irsay originally intended, then the Colts would have suffered a much larger cap hit if they had decided to release Manning.

Manning has made the most money of any player in the history of the NFL. Second is not even close. He is also the number one football player in endorsements. Manning may have wanted to save Irsay a couple of bucks here and there but he cashed in big time.

Also, coming off of four neck surgeries and a weakened arm/hand, he still took $19 mil from Elway and the Broncs. And just got another $40 mil guaranteed this past off-season.

Manning has made the most money of any player in the history of the NFL. Second is not even close. He is also the number one football player in endorsements. Manning may have wanted to save Irsay a couple of bucks here and there but he cashed in big time.

Also, coming off of four neck surgeries and a weakened arm/hand, he still took $19 mil from Elway and the Broncs. And just got another $40 mil guaranteed this past off-season.

Umm not close? He had the same annual salary as Brady did at the time. The only difference was that Peyton had a clause that he could be cut before the deadline with no cap hit.

Umm not close? He had the same annual salary as Brady did at the time. The only difference was that Peyton had a clause that he could be cut before the deadline with no cap hit.

I am talking about his whole career. He has made more than any player in the history of the NFL. I will try to find the link with the salaries. Brady is nowhere close to him.