Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade Andrew Luck for Aaron Rodgers or any other QB right now?

jshipp23

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way lol but I see where you are coming from there are alot if ppl who think luck isn't as good cause of the stupid stats some guy tried to tell me Wilson and RG3 are better then luck haha

I also believe if grigs just give luck good teams around him luck will be better then Rogers when it's said and done

If I were a colt fan i would not want to see Luck traded for any QB . . . well perhaps if the colts could get a Hershal Walker type trade, I would think about it . . .

Hey I heard Denver is looking to move their starting QB, maybe the colts could trade Luck and a first rounder for Denver's QB . . . (just kidding :-)) . . .

If I were a colt fan i would not want to see Luck traded for any QB . . . well perhaps if the colts could get a Hershal Walker type trade, I would think about it . . .

Hey I heard Denver is looking to move their starting QB, maybe the colts could trade Luck and a first rounder for Denver's QB . . . (just kidding :-)) . . .

Now you've done it...:hide:

Would I trade Luck for a different QB? that depends. Are we talking other QB's in their prime or status as of now? Frankly, yes I would. Reason..? Simply because I know other QB's strengths. Luck hasn't proven himself yet. That would be my only reason why. In another 5 years, who knows.

After.....

"Would you trade Andrew Luck"

I had to pick myself off the ground from laughing.

What was the question again?

I hear ya, but if one could get Rogers and some draft picks from GB one might entertain it . . . But Luck has too much potential to trade him straight up for another QB . . . I don't care how successful the other QB is . . .

If you have a good , young quarterback that can get you to the playoffs, versus an established star that will command mega-bucks, you are better off with the younger quarterback. For the first four years, with lower cap numbers, you can put a better balanced team around Luck, assuming you make the right free agent and draft picks.

Would I trade Luck for a different QB? that depends. Are we talking other QB's in their prime or status as of now? Frankly, yes I would. Reason..? Simply because I know other QB's strengths. Luck hasn't proven himself yet. That would be my only reason why. In another 5 years, who knows.

Yep. I agree with this.

After.....

"Would you trade Andrew Luck"

I had to pick myself off the ground from laughing.

What was the question again?

The point of this question is to get some of these Andrew Luck doubters to see the difference between him and other QB's the past 15 years...Here is a way to look at:: When Manning was 27 and in his prime there was no up and coming QBs including the Rogers, Ryans, Flaccos, Eli mannings, Ben Roethlisbergers that I would trade for Manning, yet with Luck all those guys are around 27-28 yrs old in their primes now and I wouldn't trade Luck for any of them....That's kind of the point I'm trying to drive home about him. I wanna hear them say they wouldn't trade 1 of these QB's for Luck right now...They talk about him being sooo far away from being elite , yet they know if they could have him they'd trade their QB and whole draft for him now.

:facepalm: Not taking the bait. I've had enough worthless arguments for one day lol. Maybe tomorrow.

Yea, because that's what I wanted to do, bait some kid from Texas. This is a colts forum, and believe it or not there will be jokes from time to time about rival teams

Yea, because that's what I wanted to do, bait some kid from Texas. This is a colts forum, and believe it or not there will be jokes from time to time about rival teams

Excuse me if I'm not just a little suspicious. You must not have seen that worthless 5 million thread in the Colts section...and then the two baiting threads another guy started..I've been arguing all day lol. My mistake then. Carry on with the jabbing/joking.

Excuse me if I'm not just a little suspicious. You must not have seen that worthless 5 million thread in the Colts section...and then the two baiting threads another guy started..I've been arguing all day lol. My mistake then. Carry on with the jabbing/joking.

I honestly attempt to stay away from those

Eh, Idk. Rodgers is setting that bar pretty high for any QB. He's going to be setting Marino-like records, records that won't be touched for decades. Guy is unreal.

You just can't bring yourself to say "Manning" like records, can you. : haha:

Rodgers is great, but don't forget that there is little threat of him challenging any career records because he couldn't even get on the field for the first three years of his career. (Although if QB stats continue to spiral upwards who knows what will happen.)

You just can't bring yourself to say "Manning" like records, can you. : haha:

Rodgers is great, but don't forget that there is little threat of him challenging any career records because he couldn't even get on the field for the first three years of his career. (Although if QB stats continue to spiral upwards who knows what will happen.)

haha no, I was just thinking of that passing record of Marino's that Brees just broke. Honest. :D And yeah Rodgers' waiting may have been both bad and good for him, but hey, who knows. He's prolific and this is a passing league. Imagine if somehow down the road Megatron decided to follow the example of the other North players and went to the Packers for the rest of his career...man they would be almost unstoppable.

The point of this question is to get some of these Andrew Luck doubters to see the difference between him and other QB's the past 15 years...Here is a way to look at:: When Manning was 27 and in his prime there was no up and coming QBs including the Rogers, Ryans, Flaccos, Eli mannings, Ben Roethlisbergers that I would trade for Manning, yet with Luck all those guys are around 27-28 yrs old in their primes now and I wouldn't trade Luck for any of them....That's kind of the point I'm trying to drive home about him. I wanna hear them say they wouldn't trade 1 of these QB's for Luck right now...They talk about him being sooo far away from being elite , yet they know if they could have him they'd trade their QB and whole draft for him now.

You aren't considering the fact that if you were a Green Bay fan you'd laugh at the prospect of making the trade in the other direction. The Broncos, Pats, Falcons, Redskins, and others are quite happy with their QBs as well. This has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with it being a given that Luck is more valuable than another QB, it's a matter of perspective.

In other words, NO I don't want to trade Luck for Rodgers. The Colts are young and Luck is our QB. Being a Colts fan nowadays is all about watching the team get built and dreaming about where it might go. Why the heck would I want to trade that for an older QB already at his absolute peak? The Colts aren't built to win it all right now, but that's where Rodgers is at. By the time the Colts are ready Rodgers may be starting to decline. It simply makes no sense on any level.

However, which ever way you want to look at it, right NOW Rodgers is a vastly superior player. You are going to drive yourself (and everyone else on here) nuts if you persist in trying to establish a "greatest of all time" standard for Luck based on his potential. Lots of people have had potential. They don't let you into the HOF until you actually do something.

No, the leadership Luck showed through the emotional season was special... One of the things I love most about Peyton is his sense of humor & the way he carries himself off the field...

I think the Colts are extremely "Lucky" to score another super classy leader, who is totally different than18, but has some similar attributes that I just don't think you have with some of the other good quarterbacks in the League...

I guess Rodgers just comes off as arrogant or something, or maybe I'm just a Homer, but Luck just seems like the perfect fit for the persona of the team...

You aren't considering the fact that if you were a Green Bay fan you'd laugh at the prospect of making the trade in the other direction. The Broncos, Pats, Falcons, Redskins, and others are quite happy with their QBs as well. This has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with it being a given that Luck is more valuable than another QB, it's a matter of perspective.

In other words, NO I don't want to trade Luck for Rodgers. The Colts are young and Luck is our QB. Being a Colts fan nowadays is all about watching the team get built and dreaming about where it might go. Why the heck would I want to trade that for an older QB already at his absolute peak? The Colts aren't built to win it all right now, but that's where Rodgers is at. By the time the Colts are ready Rodgers may be starting to decline. It simply makes no sense on any level.

However, which ever way you want to look at it, right NOW Rodgers is a vastly superior player. You are going to drive yourself (and everyone else on here) nuts if you persist in trying to establish a "greatest of all time" standard for Luck based on his potential. Lots of people have had potential. They don't let you into the HOF until you actually do something.

Luck is different...Best QB to come out since Manning and many analysts have said the same....

Luck is different...Best QB to come out since Manning and many analysts have said the same....

honestly most say best prospect since Elway which seems to suggest they think he was a better prospect coming out of school than Manning. If he ends up as good as they think he could be coming out of school he will be worth the weight of LOS in gold.

Vance87 quote: Joe Flacco, proven winner baby.

And Texans have Matt Schaub!!!!! <ROTFlmao

And Colts have Andrew Luck!!!!! <Huge upside over Schauby!!!!!

The Ravens and Colts are all set up for the future. Colts will take over the AFC South once again this year for the next 15 years.....

ALL Texans fans would throw Schauby under the bus instantly with no hesitation to get Andrew Luck, they would sell their souls too!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

Ummm...I don't get this thread? 

What would I do with my very own quarterback? Like....what? Have him mow the lawn? Watch him throw in my backyard for a few hours a day? Besides, I cannot afford another mouth to feed. As it is, me and my daughter are surviving on whatever we can forage in the neighborhood dumpsters. This sounds like a big obligation. I want out. I want nothing to do with this perverted form of slavery you people are conspiring toward. 

Good day sirs!!

You are going to love OiBU. I am sure he will be here soon to tell you just how awful Luck is and that not only would he trade him for Rodgers in a heartbeat, he would trade him for just about everyone else except for maybe Sanchez. :-)

But to answer your question, of course you would trade for Rodgers. The only teams that would not trade for Rodgers would be ones with proven elite QBs - Pats, Saints, Broncos. But I think the more salient question would be if GB would trade for Luck? Straight up? No way. That being said, Luck is six years younger than Rodgers so perhaps a better comparison would be trading him for RG, Wilson, Kaep or Newton. There are many posters here that would do that trade. Personally, I wouldn't because I think Luck is the best out of all of them but that trade would make more sense.

haha no, I was just thinking of that passing record of Marino's that Brees just broke. Honest. :D And yeah Rodgers' waiting may have been both bad and good for him, but hey, who knows. He's prolific and this is a passing league. Imagine if somehow down the road Megatron decided to follow the example of the other North players and went to the Packers for the rest of his career...man they would be almost unstoppable.

Packers couldn't afford Megatron and Rodgers on the same team unless they started a piece of kleenex at left tackle.  

As far as records at this point QB records are dropping left and right.  I don't think we've come anywhere near seeing the end of this.