Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I know some of you are wondering why not Hopkins or Hunter both faster? I don't think Hopkins falls past the Vikings who picks right before us and their gm Speilman likes speed. Hunter has great size and potential but he's still raw more of a project. Bill Polian said that Keenan Allen is the best WR in the draft and a 80 catch 10 TD guy right from the start. I know Polian has made some mistakes the past few drafts but one thing he's great at is evaluating wr's. Wayne had a career year last year but he's 34 and we can't count on a year like that again. T.Y and Brazil are good young wr's but we need a #1 wr and this is the year to get one.

1.Keenan Allen WR CAL - At 6'3 210 lbs Allen has a  tapered build with prototypical height for the position. Very good all-around athlete. Good initial quickness, balance and lateral agility. Is a smooth accelerator with sneaky build-up speed. Natural big play threat who isn't afraid of contact and has very good vision and patience to set up blocks. Rarely allows passes to get past his hands and into his chest. Typically snatches passes out of the air, showing very good hand-eye coordination and a wide catching radius due to his length, flexibility and big hands. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder. Experienced route-runner who has extensive experience lining up outside and in the slot. Quick hands and feet to slip past press coverage. Shows a natural savvy running his routes, altering his speeds, dipping his shoulder and exploding out of his cuts to generate separation from the defender. Doesn't have elite speed but i've watched a lot of game film on him and he's fast enough to get by db's and go deep. Jerry Rice wasn't as fast as Julio or Calvin but always found ways to get open.

3. Brian Winters OG Kent State -  Has great size 6'4 320lbs Takes short, quick power steps in pass protection and shoots his hands out to corral his opponent. Plays with a wide base and shuffles well laterally to remain squarely in front of the pass-rusher, controlling him with his upper-body strength. Three-year high school letterman in wrestling and it shows in his play. Uses his hands and leverage well to control his opponent, seeming to enjoy the physicality and one-on-one nature of the game. Strength and tenacity are especially evident when run-blocking, as he latches onto his opponent and keeps driving his legs to finish blocks until the whistle is blown.Travis Frederick could be a possibility here but Winters seems more of a better fit in our offense.

4. John Simon  DE/OLB Ohio Sate - Has a motor that never quits, playing extremely relentless as one of the best attacking defenders in college football the past few years. He has a strong upper body to swat and use his limbs to beat blocks with the natural power and forceful playing style to keep blockers off balance and shed. Simon does a nice job setting the edge against the run and takes on blocks destructively, staying disciplined with excellent recognition skills.

6. Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois - Good height 6'0 195lbs and frame for the position. Excellent athlete with more than enough speed for the position. Fluid footwork and smooth hip action to quickly change directions. Nice job reading and reacting in a flash to jump routes and make a play on the ball. Rangy with the  4.4 make-up speed to recover and close. Physical in run support and doesn't shy from contact. Aggressive competitor and doesn't back down from a challenge. Versatile and a quick learner. Some experience as a return man on special teams.

7.Braden Hanson C BYU - Had a quality season playing center and finished the year well with a strong bowl performance. Has great size 6'6 310lbs for a center. BYU has had a strong running game and Hanson has opened up a lot of holes for the Cougars, also a reliable pass blocker.

Very, very nice mock draft....     I think it's your first and it's among the very best done here....

Well done...   no complaints!       :thmup:

p.s. -- I'll add this about Allen.....    Everything he accomplished, he did with very poor quarterback play.   I know the QB targeted him the most,   but Allen still had to work for everything he got.

It was the QB play and the rest of the team around him that held Allen back from achieving more.    Not Allen himself.     Heckuva player.     Glad to learn of Polian's endorsement.    That has weight with me.

My first choice would be Hopkins, but I wouldn't be unhappy with Allen.

I like the rest of the draft.........

We just need to keep getting better each year.......

Bit by bit........

This draft could fix our glaring holes plus add depth for later

Don't trust Allen's professionalism... Saw his interview with Steve Mariucci....not good. 

Robert Woods was a great interview...  Hopkins wasn't on the show, but he would be a great catch in the early 2nd.  If not, then we have a choice in the first if multiple teams start "Reaching" for whoever...  Woods reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne.  Hopkins reminds me a lot of Harrison/Wayne hybrid.  Both wood provide game value next year...IMO

1. #1 option is to trade out and get a 2nd and 3rd...possibly a 6th depending on QBs or DE/DL available.

2. Hopkins, Woods WR Warford G

3. Rogers WR, Watson OT, Jones C/G, Winters G

3. Bostic LB, Buchanan LB, Lemonier LB

4. Shamarko Thomas FS, Washington LB

6. Bell RB, Hawkinson G, Hurst OT

6. Commings CB, Wolfe FS

7. McCalebb RB, Graham RB, Wood RB, Sanders WR

7. Ray Ray Armstrong FS or Cave C, Stankiewitch C

Agree we dont need just another OLB to cover run we have enough on roster to cover run.Need a cover OLB

He's not just a run stopper but he's a great pass rusher as well. We don't have anyone on the roster that does both well and Simon is great at both. I agree he does need to work on his cover skills but that can improve overtime and OLB's don't drop back in coverage as much as u think.

Don't trust Allen's professionalism... Saw his interview with Steve Mariucci....not good.

Robert Woods was a great interview... Hopkins wasn't on the show, but he would be a great catch in the early 2nd. If not, then we have a choice in the first if multiple teams start "Reaching" for whoever... Woods reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne. Hopkins reminds me a lot of Harrison/Wayne hybrid. Both wood provide game value next year...IMO

1. #1 option is to trade out and get a 2nd and 3rd...possibly a 6th depending on QBs or DE/DL available.

2. Hopkins, Woods WR Warford G

3. Rogers WR, Watson OT, Jones C/G, Winters G

3. Bostic LB, Buchanan LB, Lemonier LB

4. Shamarko Thomas FS, Washington LB

6. Bell RB, Hawkinson G, Hurst OT

6. Commings CB, Wolfe FS

7. McCalebb RB, Graham RB, Wood RB, Sanders WR

7. Ray Ray Armstrong FS or Cave C, Stankiewitch C

This would be nice trade for picks if we could still grab Hopkins in the 2nd but I'm afraid he will be taken if not by us in the first prolly the texans :/

We need a good young wr to grow with luck like marv did with peyton,I like taking a big mauling gaurd in the third we r one right gaurd away from having a pretty good line.I know we have nt's but I would like to see a big Gilbert Brown type blob in the middle smashing people.

(trade with the Cardinals).

2. Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International, 6-0, 217.

3a. Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi, 6-4, 250.

3b. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida, 6-1, 245.

4. Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State, 5-10, 193.

6. Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State, 6-2, 193.

7a. Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky, 6-5, 250.

7b. Abry Jones, DE, Georgia, 6-4, 313.

I could live with this. I really like the Winters pick. I feel like he will become a very good guard in the NFL. He's a guy that provides versatility as he could swing out to play tackle if you need him to.

I would like to see us just take a top D player in the first then just get winters in the 3rd that would make or I line really good