Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo, Cowboys agree to 6 year contract extension

Dustin

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was like wow, that's a pretty solid deal. 6 years for 55M, that's exactly what Romo's worth.

Then, I realized that's it 6 years for 108M, with 55M guaranteed and I started laughing.

When will Jerry Jones make a good move?

romo can never get it done in the clutch.

Common misconception

Since he's been in the league he's led 19 Game-winning drives/comebacks.

As a matter of fact, he statistically plays his best football when he trailing in the 4th quarter. It just happens to be that he screws up when the whole nation is watching.

Romo is a top 10 QB.   And like Flacco if he hit the open market Dallas would be paying even more.   If they could even keep him.

We all giggle at some of these contracts now...     But Luck will be coming up in a few years.     And non of us will be giggling then.

He will be eating at least 17 - 23% of our cap.  

This is the nature of the beast...      

They have the best QB in the NFC EAST

Edit: Quoted the wrong post.

I don't think he's top 10 IMO. In no particular order.

1. Rodgers

2. P. Manning

3. E. Manning

4. Brady

5. Flacco

6. Luck

7. Big Ben

8. Stafford.

9. Ryan

10. Brees

11. Arguments could easily be made for, Cutler, Newton, Kaepernick, 

1. Rodgers

2. P. Manning

3. E. Manning

4. Brady

5. Flacco

6. Luck

7. Big Ben

8. Stafford.

9. Ryan

10. Brees

Romo is barely in the top 10 (imo), but not better than Eli.

1. Rodgers

2. P. Manning

3. E. Manning

4. Brady

5. Flacco

6. Luck

7. Big Ben

8. Stafford.

9. Ryan

10. Brees

I don't see the argument for Flacco, Roethlsiberger, or Stafford over him.

Common misconception

Since he's been in the league he's led 19 Game-winning drives/comebacks.

As a matter of fact, he statistically plays his best football when he trailing in the 4th quarter. It just happens to be that he screws up when the whole nation is watching.

three chances hes had to get the cowboys in the playoffs in week 17 and blows each one

Peyton couldn't lace Romo's boots when it comes to choking......The Cowboys will never win a SB with Romo at the helm. Just like the Bears won't with Cutler, or the Texans with Schaub.....

cutler can win the bears a super bowl. he just needs a line and to quit being a primadonna

cutler can win the bears a super bowl. he just needs a line and to quit being a primadonna

Nope, can't see it. Time will tell though. I put Schaub, Romo and Cutler together as I see the same type of player. Very capable and can win any match at any time. Until the pressure is cranked up, then they just can't take it to the next level.

I think Cutler and Schaub can both help their teams win a Super Bowl. Bears are a good team, Texans are better lol but I could see both of them in the big game.

last year lost to the redskins. the year after that lost to the giants. and in 2010 lost to the eagles.

In the Giants game he threw for 300 yards and had a passer rating of 106. I'd hardly blame that on him. And he didn't even play the Eagles in 2010.

I don't see the argument for Flacco, Roethlsiberger, or Stafford over him.

Flacco just led his team to a Super Bowl win, so he's pretty easy to be put in the top 10. Rothlesburger has a couple of rings and always leads his team to big wins. Stafford is one of the best young QB's in the league. He just has had bad teams surrounding him with a dumb coach.

I am not the biggest Romo fan but how come with every other QB we talk about the team but not with him? He has had absolute clowns as his HCs, a horrific defense. Guys like Dez Bryant who are as dumb as they are talented. The ever fragile Miles and not one RB that can seem to stay healthy.

My Top 15 qb ranking. Romo would be good if he had a better o-line. But even with a good o-line i do not think hes worth 108 milly. That being said heres my top 15 list.

1. Aaron rodgers

2. Tom brady

3. Payton manning

4. Eli manning

5. Ben roesthlesburger

6. Joe flacco

7. Matt ryan

8. Drew brees

9. Matt stafford

10. Andrew luck

11. Collin keapernick

12. Robert griffin lll

13. Russel wilson

14. Jay cutler

15. Tony romo

In the Giants game he threw for 300 yards and had a passer rating of 106. I'd hardly blame that on him. And he didn't even play the Eagles in 2010.

ok but what about the redskins game. if it wasnt 2010 then it was 09 the point is he cant come through when the chips are on the line

Flacco just led his team to a Super Bowl win, so he's pretty easy to be put in the top 10. Rothlesburger has a couple of rings and always leads his team to big wins. Stafford is one of the best young QB's in the league. He just has had bad teams surrounding him with a dumb coach.

Can I not say the same for Romo though? Terrible O-line, defense, coach, and the only offensive weapons he as are Witten, Bryant and an overrated Austin. I'd take Romo over any of those QBs.

schaub has all the talent in the world around him and yet cant win anything. last year was the first time he won a division title being the qb for the texans in what 8 years

You don't follow the Texans apparently. This past season was the only time we were good enough and we were still suspect with our defense. Other years its been injuries and horrible special teams play, its not Schaubs fault.

I think Cutler and Schaub can both help their teams win a Super Bowl. Bears are a good team, Texans are better lol but I could see both of them in the big game.

Yes, if Flacco just won a SB, Cutler and Schaub can too with the right team. Texans D needs to get better.

Nope, can't see it. Time will tell though. I put Schaub, Romo and Cutler together as I see the same type of player. Very capable and can win any match at any time. Until the pressure is cranked up, then they just can't take it to the next level.

i will go on record to say no one has a faster fast ball then cutler. does that win games? not always, but theres no one in the league that can rip it like cutler