Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodgers Close to New Deal/Extension

amfootball

I hope it's not $25 Million per year...

If guys like Brees, Flacco and Manning are getting round $19-21 Mill and Brady was at 18 Mill before restructuring,  then what is the purpose of jumping Rodgers $4 Mill per year past the other top QB's?

That not only seems like overkill,  but I think it's also bad for the NFL and, frankly, bad for the Packers.

I was going to guess 7 years and $150 Mill.   A little more than $21 Mill per year.   Roughly $50 Mill for a signing bonus.

Beyond that seems like far too much....   and I'm a huge Rodgers fan.   But at some point....  what's the point?

If guys like Brees, Flacco and Manning are getting round $19-21 Mill and Brady was at 18 Mill before restructuring,  then what is the purpose of jumping Rodgers $4 Mill per year past the other top QB's?

That not only seems like overkill,  but I think it's also bad for the NFL and, frankly, bad for the Packers.

I was going to guess 7 years and $150 Mill.   A little more than $21 Mill per year.   Roughly $50 Mill for a signing bonus.

Beyond that seems like far too much....   and I'm a huge Rodgers fan.   But at some point....  what's the point?

I agree 100 percent. The whole thing is out of whack. Pack will have no chance to contend with that albatross of a contract if it is 25M.

Brees was rumored to be getting $25m/year before he signed for $20m/year. Even Flacco was pinned with that number a few times. Never happened.

I bet the number comes in somewhere closer to $22m/year. Although he and his agent have a case to make. If Flacco is getting $20.1m/year, and Rodgers is twice the quarterback, isn't it reasonable to get 20% more?

Brees was rumored to be getting $25m/year before he signed for $20m/year. Even Flacco was pinned with that number a few times. Never happened.

I bet the number comes in somewhere closer to $22m/year. Although he and his agent have a case to make. If Flacco is getting $20.1m/year, and Rodgers is twice the quarterback, isn't it reasonable to get 20% more?

Yes, I agree. I think Rodgers agent is saying if Joe got 21, I should def. get 25. And the monopoly money continues...

It will be interesting to see where Luck is when he gets to that next contract. All these giant contracts just mean he will be worth just as much if not more. With Flacco and now Romo getting big money...Rodgers will get a huge contract. Thinking 22.5 mill with probably 50-75 guaranteed.

Its crazy that one player in a sport with the most starters/players will have a contract that takes up such a large portion of the teams cap. That said...without that one player...you have nothing. Goes to show...players like Peyton etc....deserve that money. Can take you from first to worst without a franchise qb.

It will be interesting to see where Luck is when he gets to that next contract. All these giant contracts just mean he will be worth just as much if not more. With Flacco and now Romo getting big money...Rodgers will get a huge contract. Thinking 22.5 mill with probably 50-75 guaranteed.

Sounds like you are right in the ball park.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000156548/Rodgers-close-to-getting-new-contract