Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Eagles trade

Steagles

Eagles fan here.  Great trade for you guys, if your OC actually commits to using a FB.  Havili came in as a 230 lb. FB, who didn't really block that much in college.  He picked it up almost instantly, and also got up to around 250 lbs.  Good runner, good receiver, good blocker, good special teamer, and a good guy.  The only reason he didn't make a bigger impact last year was Reid's horrible mismanagement of personnel.  The only reason he got traded is that he's built like a real FB; Chip Kelly is known to like H-backs who can create mismatches in the passing game.  

Can you tell me something about Geathers? 

Geathers didn`t play a lot. But he held up very well at the point of attack and got off his blockers. Lots of upside. There is a reason your guys wanted him.

He could be a solid starter someday. Hopefully this helped grease the wheels for future business with the Eagles.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geathers didn`t play a lot. But he held up very well at the point of attack and got off his blockers. Lots of upside. There is a reason your guys wanted him.

He could be a solid starter someday. Hopefully this helped grease the wheels for future business with the Eagles.

Sounds good.  We have been waiting for long, athletic defenders here for years.  Hopefully it works out.

Slightly off topic but Colts-Eagles trade related:  what do you guys think of Jeremy Maclin?  There's some speculation that guy might end up being Maclin.

Sounds good. We have been waiting for long, athletic defenders here for years. Hopefully it works out.

Slightly off topic but Colts-Eagles trade related: what do you guys think of Jeremy Maclin? There's some speculation that guy might end up being Maclin.

I was personally hoping we traded our 3rd for Maclin.

Sounds good.  We have been waiting for long, athletic defenders here for years.  Hopefully it works out.

Slightly off topic but Colts-Eagles trade related:  what do you guys think of Jeremy Maclin?  There's some speculation that guy might end up being Maclin.

Maclin is generally liked as someone that would be a nice add. He definitely fits the mold of what Grigson has been adding. Experienced & young.

There is significant comment about his injury history.

From a eagles fan site.

We havent heard the last : Of Havili…. he was blowing people up by season’s end…

by ShadyMcVickFactor on Mar 28, 2013 | 2:05 PMreply

Colts have Nuthin' in our backfield as a Good pass blocker. Sounds like Havili could be the man for that at times, as he is also considered a good pass catcher.

Sounds good to me.

Then who do we have at FB??

Don't see us fully using one, being that pep used a tight end for his fullback at Stanford, so Dwayne Allen and whoever is going to be the 3rd string tight end, still run more single back stuff with three tight ends on the field, stuff like that

Don't see us fully using one, being that pep used a tight end for his fullback at Stanford, so Dwayne Allen and whoever is going to be the 3rd string tight end, still run more single back stuff with three tight ends on the field, stuff like that

We can't take Allen away from TE, where he is so effective.

We can't take Allen away from TE, where he is so effective.

And we won't, majority of the time he will be a TE. I just see us running out of more 3 TE sets with one back than a FB, and when we do use a. FB it will be a TE in Allen or Saunders or Hughes, Mario Harvey in the redzone, or somebody else to give a guy a breather. We are only going to have a FB on the field for so many plays so we won't be taking away from Allen at all, just utilizing everything he brings to the table

And we won't, majority of the time he will be a TE. I just see us running out of more 3 TE sets with one back than a FB, and when we do use a. FB it will be a TE in Allen or Saunders or Hughes, Mario Harvey in the redzone, or somebody else to give a guy a breather. We are only going to have a FB on the field for so many plays so we won't be taking away from Allen at all, just utilizing everything he brings to the table

You think Hughes will make it over Havili? No way.

If the FO just traded for a fullback, it's possible they see it differently than you do.

You think Hughes will make it over Havili? No way.

Dude you never even see Havili play except for a couple games so how can you say that? It doesn't even have to be Hughes, I don't see us using a true fullback at all, I see Allen, the 3rd tight end whoever that might become, and Mario Harvey in the redzone filling the FB role when we indeed use one

Dude you never even see Havili play except for a couple games so how can you say that? It doesn't even have to be Hughes, I don't see us using a true fullback at all, I see Allen, the 3rd tight end whoever that might become, and Mario Harvey in the redzone filling the FB role when we indeed use one

If we weren't interested in using a FB, why would they just make a trade to get one? Don't really make a lot of sense IMO. I doubt they would trade away a serviceable guy like Geathers just to bring in a guy they never intend on using.

If we weren't interested in using a FB, why would they just make a trade to get one? Don't really make a lot of sense IMO. I doubt they would trade away a serviceable guy like Geathers just to bring in a guy they never intend on using.

Maybe just want to have a FB in for training camp rather than a bulk of d lineman, last year Grigson said we were in fact going to use a FB then a week later got rid of all the FB on the roster, so I would just have to see it in the regular season to believe that we are using a true fullback and not an Hback

You can when you have, Redding, Mathews, Heard, Chapman, Guy, McKinney, Tevasue, Francios, Moala, Nevis, I'm probably leaving out one or two. You can afford to do that. You have to have a certain amount of people at every position to play these preseason games. Right now we had a ton of d lineman and not enough people who could play the FB role in training camp and preseason

Maybe just want to have a FB in for training camp rather than a bulk of d lineman, last year Grigson said we were in fact going to use a FB then a week later got rid of all the FB on the roster, so I would just have to see it in the regular season to believe that we are using a true fullback and not an Hback

Correct me if I'm wrong but we traded our ONLY fullback on the roster, Chris Gronkowski, for Cassius Vaughn because our CB depth was atrocious. I  know Vaughn is the new Tim Jennings (not in a good way) on the forum, but I still call that a solid trade. I wouldn't necessarily say that was Grigs backstepping on the plan to use a fullback, but probably him striking a deal where he saw value.

Edit: Oh yeah and.....Spider 2 Y-Banana.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we traded our ONLY fullback on the roster, Chris Gronkowski, for Cassius Vaughn because our CB depth was atrocious.

all you had to do was read the thread b4 posting and you would know you are wrong...

Correct me if I'm wrong but we traded our ONLY fullback on the roster, Chris Gronkowski, for Cassius Vaughn because our CB depth was atrocious. I know Vaughn is the new Tim Jennings (not in a good way) on the forum, but I still call that a solid trade. I wouldn't necessarily say that was Grigs backstepping on the plan to use a fullback, but probably him striking a deal where he saw value.

Edit: Oh yeah and.....Spider 2 Y-Banana.

He also had cut Ryan Mahaffey and TE/FB Brody Eldridge

He also had cut Ryan Mahaffey and TE/FB Brody Eldridge

Ah yeah Mahaffey was the guy I was missing, thanks. Eldridge kind of fit the role you are envisioning of the 3rd TE that is brought in to spell as a FB.

all you had to do was read the thread b4 posting and you would know you are wrong...

If you are referring to Hughes ( I did read the thread). He was first signed to the practice squad in October 2012, the trade was in May. I said "Correct me if I'm wrong" because I felt like I could be missing someone, and Mahaffey was the guy.