Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Under the radar

Rich Cannon

I listened to other members of our forum ranting about how Vick Ballard would be the starter, while never even seeing him take an NFL snap. All I did was shrug my shoulders in disbelief. I thought Ballard played ok through the first three quarters of the season. The turning point for me with Ballard was when we played the Texans towards the end of the season. He showed a great burst of speed, above average vision for a rookie running back and most importantly finished off his runs. I might add he rushed for over a 100 yards as well. I think we have found our Franchise running back. I think he needs to work on his blocking, but then again what running back now a day doesn’t. Imo he has the edge starting in our backfield this season and should be a major contributor with added help to our O-line with Cherilus. Ballard is my under the radar best player of last season.

I like this he did well for our sub par line. I don't think he will put up huge numbers even with a good o line but I do think he will be consistent I like what I see

Im leaning towards believe he can be a franchise back.  I want to see him for another year before I really make that assumption. 

I think him and brown together make each other better, which makes our run game better. Brown is more of our receiving back, but he has speed and ballard is our power back. but i still believe we need a 3rd back because our QB should not be the 3rd leading rusher on the team like he was last year lol.

I think him and brown together make each other better, which makes our run game better. Brown is more of our receiving back, but he has speed and ballard is our power back. but i still believe we need a 3rd back because our QB should not be the 3rd leading rusher on the team like he was last year lol.

It would be interesting to see Delone Carter  get some of DB's carries at the NO. 2 RB spot, I think he deserves a shot over Brown at this point. 

Yea I dont think Luck will have the award for our 3rd leading rusher this year lol

It would be interesting to see Delone Carter get some of DB's carries at the NO. 2 RB spot, I think he deserves a shot over Brown at this point.

I really really like carter also. But a lot of fans are butt hurt around here cause he fumbled the ball his rookie season.

I don't think that any of our RB's is the breakout runner that every team covets.

But I sure did enjoy seeing this team convert 3rd and short runs into 1st downs more often than in a long long time!

Having a good solid run game is going to open up things for Luck, with defenses having to respect that.

I like both Brown and Ballard.

I think we will address that in the draft there doesnt seem to be any worthy G's left in FA, at least we know of.

There are a couple that would be better than the embarrassment of poverty we have projected at right guard, but nothing that you'd move heaven and earth for. I'd rather wait and see how the draft shapes up. I think we wind up with another lineman by the end of the draft.

There are a couple that would be better than the embarrassment of poverty we have projected at right guard, but nothing that you'd move heaven and earth for. I'd rather wait and see how the draft shapes up. I think we wind up with another lineman by the end of the draft.

I hope you are right  Overall I like what we have done in FA so far.  I would also like another WR, RB in this draft.

I need to get a grip on this 'under the radar' thingy. Just what does it really mean? Sorry.

At first, when I saw it was about Vic, I thought it was about his overtime touchdown v the Titans, when he backflipped so low and far that even Fritz the 'German Radar Operator of the Year 1944' couldn't have detected him. Then I realised I'm just a fool....

Seriously, If Brown plays with some zest this season, he will push Ballard hard, which could be the difference in our running game. I like them both.

He was almost detected by the radar, but fell down, and is now under the radar.

It's a aviation reference because a lot of radars can't detect planes below a certain altitude. Invasion forces or drug runners will fly under the radar.