Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 03/09

sb41champs

NFL teams can officially contact pending free agents player agents - but NOT the players directly - beginning today to work out details on a contract which would be available to be signed at 4 PM on March 12th.

How many players do you believe the Colts will have contractual agreements with between now and 4 PM on March 12th ??

Looking at all the restrictions the league has put on this " pre free agency' there won't be any signings unless it is with our own players that are about to become free agents.   They can contact agents but can do terms, money, committments, offers , or much of anything really.   Really kind of a bogus setup,  might as well have just left it alone till Tues.  Only thing it might achieve is letting agents possibly know what teams might have some kind of interest in their people.

Looking at all the restrictions the league has put on this " pre free agency' there won't be any signings unless it is with our own players that are about to become free agents.   They can contact agents but can do terms, money, committments, offers , or much of anything really.   Really kind of a bogus setup,  might as well have just left it alone till Tues.  Only thing it might achieve is letting agents possibly know what teams might have some kind of interest in their people.

Yeah, I don't quite understand why they have created this little 3 day "pre free agency window". Should have just waited till the 12th for it to all begin

One....and it won't be a big name that everyone is salivating over.

wrong, we need to spend 30-35 mil there needs to be a big name.

people here fail to realize that the money is getting spent and you dont spend it on a bucha 2 mil contracts...

wrong, we need to spend 30-35 mil there needs to be a big name.

people here fail to realize that the money is getting spent and you dont spend it on a bucha 2 mil contracts...

Are you sure that the 30-35 million that you are referring to has to be spent by March 12th...which was the original question? I guess I could be wrong, or a big name FA................ or two could be picked up after the 12th.....in which case I might not be wrong.

How many players do you believe the Colts will have contractual agreements with between now and 4 PM on March 12th ??

Contracts are not my specialty & neither is cap space magic. I have no idea. Don't ask me for financial advice. My computer balances my checkbook. A titan of the business & WallStreet world I am not.  haha

Are you sure that the 30-35 million that you are referring to has to be spent by March 12th...which was the original question? I guess I could be wrong, or a big name FA................ or two could be picked up after the 12th.....in which case I might not be wrong.

Free agency only starts on the 12th....they are allowed to talk only now.  No announcements etc....

Free agency only starts on the 12th....they are allowed to talk only now.  No announcements etc....

I know. I was quoted and told I was wrong because we had 30-35 mil that we had to spend and I was subtly reminding that just because the FA period is open, doesn't mean we will have one or more high profile contractual agreements in place at that time.

I think I ruffle feathers because i am not in the "we're going to spend a large portion of our cap money on high profile FA's" camp.

I know. I was quoted and told I was wrong because we had 30-35 mil that we had to spend and I was subtly reminding that just because the FA period is open, doesn't mean we will have one or more high profile contractual agreements in place at that time.

I think I ruffle feathers because i am not in the "we're going to spend a large portion of our cap money on high profile FA's" camp.

Ok...I misunderstood.  By the way...I agree.  Grigson will sign some mid level guys who may actually get us debating why....I am all for the mid level guys who are on the rise myself.