Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Returns To The Colts Complex

GoColts8818

I was listening to the post game this afternoon and they said Manning DID return to the Colts complex this week. He was there Friday and Saturday. They said it was his idea to go no huddle to start the game which worked well. They also said doctors have told him he is NOT ready to return to the sidelines yet but once he is he will and frankly I think that will be like adding another offensive caoch plus the team will have their leader back. No it wont be tehs ame as if he was playing but he can only help talk them threw things on the sidelines.

By the time Manning gets to play again, we'll be like 0-10.

We might be, so what? It's not like the more we lose the quicker he's going to be back. Frankly I would rather see Manning (if 100% healthy) if he can play at all this year just because I like seeing him play and enjoy it. I don't care if we are 0-10 if Manning is healthy and cleared to play I will welcome him back with open arms.

We might be, so what? It's not like the more we lose the quicker he's going to be back. Frankly I would rather see Manning (if 100% healthy) if he can play at all this year just because I like seeing him play and enjoy it. I don't care if we are 0-10 if Manning is healthy and cleared to play I will welcome him back with open arms.

I'll welcome him back with open arms too... in the locker room. On the field? Why bother. He is no good to us. You may as well put me in at QB - the season is lost anyways. Also, putting him in on meaningless games may reduce his shelf life with irrelevant snaps, sacks, mental fatigue, what have you. There's just no point to him - let's shelf him, conserve his strength, and pick up the pieces next season.

I'll welcome him back with open arms too... in the locker room. On the field? Why bother. He is no good to us. You may as well put me in at QB - the season is lost anyways. Also, putting him in on meaningless games may reduce his shelf life with irrelevant snaps, sacks, mental fatigue, what have you. There's just no point to him - let's shelf him, conserve his strength, and pick up the pieces next season.

I disagree. I do think his play at QB would help, it's covered up a lot of these issues for years and I would expect him to do the same if healthy this year. Also playing him at the end of the year does do something. It helps us figure out if he can still play or do we need to use the out clause in our contract at the end of the season. Also if you really think we are going to be able to keep a healthy Peyton Manning off the field you don't know Peyton Manning.

On top of that news, we tried to get Marc Bulger last week (on top of David Garrard meeting here) :/.

Where did you get the Bulger news from?

Also the only place I heard the Garrard thing was the Bob twitter guy, none of the local media picked up on it or seemed to take it serious. I think that was a case of Bob throwing out something to see if it would stick. Maybe I missed something but unless I did I think the Colts are commited to Kerry Collins. Bringing in another QB isn't going to help. They are going to have to start over from scratch in terms of learning the offense like Collins did.

Where did you get the Bulger news from?

Also the only place I heard the Garrard thing was the Bob twitter guy, none of the local media picked up on it or seemed to take it serious. I think that was a case of Bob throwing out something to see if it would stick. Maybe I missed something but unless I did I think the Colts are commited to Kerry Collins. Bringing in another QB isn't going to help. They are going to have to start over from scratch in terms of learning the offense like Collins did.

Mentioned it tonight briefly during the game comments + its on Rotoworld right now. We tried to get him but he said, "I'm retire". He lost the will to play. He was 100% confirmed, I can agree on Garrard however.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that free agent Marc Bulger "does not want to play" football anymore.

Adam Schefter reported on August 3 that Bulger had decided to retire. Some in the national media have pulled for Bulger's return, but the 34-year-old informed the Colts that he wasn't interested during a recent inquiry.

Mentioned it tonight briefly during the game comments + its on Rotoworld right now. We tried to get him but he said, "I'm retire". He lost the will to play. He was 100% confirmed, I can agree on Garrard however.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that free agent Marc Bulger "does not want to play" football anymore.

Adam Schefter reported on August 3 that Bulger had decided to retire. Some in the national media have pulled for Bulger's return, but the 34-year-old informed the Colts that he wasn't interested during a recent inquiry.

I missed it during the game comments. A recent inquiry doesn't really say when we reached out to him. We might have very well reached out to him at the sametime we reached out to Collins.

If they don't put him on IR and he can come back for 4 games, he will do that whether we are 2-12 at that point 5-9. In fact, as long as he's not rushed, the front office needs to see him on the field to access where he is at physically. Once he's healthy he will be playing unless the front office is forced to IR because the need of another body.

If they don't put him on IR and he can come back for 4 games, he will do that whether we are 2-12 at that point 5-9. In fact, as long as he's not rushed, the front office needs to see him on the field to access where he is at physically. Once he's healthy he will be playing unless the front office is forced to IR because the need of another body.

Polian was asked about the IR thing by Lamey last week and Polian was quick to point out they were able to save a roster spot for Sanders last year well into December so I think that was Polian's way of saying keeping Manning off IR will be no problem unless the doctors tell him he just can't comeback this season.

no worry about the oline ending his career? in a meaningless game just to gauge where he is at? even just a little worry?

no worry about the oline ending his career? in a meaningless game just to gauge where he is at? even just a little worry?

The key is he needs to be 100% healthy to come back. If he is there is no more risk of his career being ended as there is any other game. If he's 100% healthy you aren't going to be able to keep Peyton off the field either. Also Manning helps with the protection. His quick release and his adjustments on the o-line and the backfield. Also Manning tends to be a lot more aware of what is going on around him than Collins looks to be which helps him avoid getting hit. Also most of the heat is coming from one spot on the line, Link. There is a very good chance by that point in the season Link wont be the starter anymore, Ijalana might very well be. Also Manning tends to eat blitzs for lunch if you blitz him which backs teams off unlike with Collins. Also frankly till late when the Browns knew we had to pass the Browns weren't getting a lot of heat on Collins. Also give Manning that kind of running game the Colts gave Collins today and he's going to back you out of the blitz by killing you with playaction.

Polian was asked about the IR thing by Lamey last week and Polian was quick to point out they were able to save a roster spot for Sanders last year well into December so I think that was Polian's way of saying keeping Manning off IR will be no problem unless the doctors tell him he just can't comeback this season.

I know that's the plan, I'm just saying, if we were to face a run on injuries they might be forced into changing their plans.

The oline would look better with Manning calling the shots. He's covered them for years and heck you even get some that say our Oline is great because of a low sack total. That's mostly on Manning.

Not well enough to be on the sidelines? I know the surgery was serious but wow

Wonder how he even got to the complex. If he cannot be on the sidelines, surely he cannot drive either.

I'd like to see him on the sidelines. He can help for sure

the sidelines can be dangerous with people getting run into. His surgery involved taking a piece of his hip and fusing it in his neck, so he's recovering in 2 places and might not have the mobility to get the heck out of the way down there.

Read the post below yours. Also, I expect the o-line to be considerably improved by late in the season. We've also seen that they CAN run block, which is something Peyton would lean heavily on while getting reacquainted with things.

stupid, insulting moves to the guy they just dropped 4 mil on.

not to say that the meetings aren't warranted cause Kerry looks awful, but come on.......

Right Phil..and I doubt those stories..

...In what alternate reality would Bulger and Gerard not have as many problems picking up the Colts offense

as Collins...?

I have wondered when Jim Sorgi is though..

Also, I expect the o-line to be considerably improved by late in the season.

what, like Pats improved? or improved compared to whom?

granted the breakdown is more on the left side, but you wouldn't be even the slightest bit worried?

i know how he covered up for their deficiencies in the past with the quick release and good decisions, but this new line is beyond awful and could really get him hurt.

Wonder how he even got to the complex. If he cannot be on the sidelines, surely he cannot drive either.

Maybe they don't want to risk any josling or bumping. The sidelines can get pretty crazy.

Well he is Peyton Manning I am sure he can afford a Taxi if needed or have his wife give him a ride or rent a lemo or something :) Heck who knows maybe Jimbo took a break from tweeting and drove him.

Makes sense to me now. Thanks. After I had surgery I didn't even want anyone jostling anything in my vicinity.

the sidelines can be dangerous with people getting run into. His surgery involved taking a piece of his hip and fusing it in his neck, so he's recovering in 2 places and might not have the mobility to get the heck out of the way down there.