Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why would a FA want to come to your city ?

I was reading a article at SB Nation , And the writer says all NFL cities are dumps & listed his thoughts as too why ,  I thought they were pretty funny of course those in those cities may not .

I would expect money & the talent on a team making it possible to reach a possible a SB , To be high on the list of needs for a FA .

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/26/4029796/2013-nfl-free-agency-teams?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

It wouldn't if people could take a joke. The guy ripped on every city

The bottom line is some may not have a sense of humor . Its the off season lighten up I won't point any fingers but some have taken offense for no reason its just 1 guys opinion about all 32 teams .

Everyone has a right to there opinion no 1 team was singled out . I have to LOL some just take this stuff way to personal .

Go Colts  Parties at the airport or so the dude said . :number1:

I was reading a article at SB Nation , And the writer says all NFL cities are dumps & listed his thoughts as too why ,  I thought they were pretty funny of course those in those cities may not .

I would expect money & the talent on a team making it possible to reach a possible a SB , To be high on the list of needs for a FA .

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/26/4029796/2013-nfl-free-agency-teams?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

eh, I think he could have put some more effort into being funny

Instead of bloomers in a bunch I had hoped  this thread might fuel a conversation as to why FA's would come to a particular city . Like in the OP

Going to a good team ready for the playoffs or a dog team just for the big bucks . The article made me wonder the silliness was'nt the point just the start in a conversation .

Instead of bloomers in a bunch I had hoped  this thread might fuel a conversation as to why FA's would come to a particular city . Like in the OP

Going to a good team ready for the playoffs or a dog team just for the big bucks . The article made me wonder the silliness was'nt the point just the start in a conversation .

i think they go where they can and it's either about $ or winning

Whelp ?  

Why  because a guy wrote something funny at SB nation ?  Did you find any truths in the article ?  I sure did'nt .

Nothing to be offended about . Nadine I would say 31 are funny or silly & 1 will be just outrageous . To a few .

Not "whelp", welp. And who said I was offended? Despite you making a reference to me in three separate posts (quite disturbing, by the way) I only said that this would be closed because I've seen links to articles or pages with bad words singled out and closed before. Has nothing to do with my opinion on the guy who wrote the article at all.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

LOL no just been there done that thanks for the laugh .

Honoring my team's successes in a signature is not the same as touting them and bragging about what I've done in the past, especially if only one SB win came out of all that "owning". Try again.

Honoring my team's successes in a signature is not the same as touting them and bragging about what I've done in the past, especially if only one SB win came out of all that "owning". Try again.

QwizBoy, on 27 Feb 2013 - 14:56, said:snapback.png

As do the Indianapolisanous Whatchamacallits. Very fitting.

It could be AFC south trivia question who has owned this division for all but 3 seasons . :blueshoe:

Actually this was the context in which my sentence was referring ,  My post & your quote

If I were  touting or bragging I would have stated until Peyton Manning stopped playing in the AFC south in 2011- injury,2012 -cut he only lost the division once  & went 10 seasons with 10 or more wins & that the banners the Colts fly are AFC Champions & Superbowl Champion this is accomplished only by winning more than 1 game in the playoffs .

2 good seasons are something to build on but nothing really special . If your home  team is watching the playoffs with you, A division win is like winning a goldfish at the fair, looks good for a few after a lil time its belly up & time to flush the Colts have 2 SB 's -1 win  because they moved on  . Jim Kelly got to the SB what 4 times lots of banners no lombardi & all he can say is you gotta be in it to win it .

QwizBoy, on 27 Feb 2013 - 14:56, said:snapback.png

It could be AFC south trivia question who has owned this division for all but 3 seasons . :blueshoe:

Actually this was the context in which my sentence was referring ,  My post & your quote

If I were  touting or bragging I would have stated until Peyton Manning stopped playing in the AFC south in 2011- injury,2012 -cut he only lost the division once  & went 10 seasons with 10 or more wins & that the banners the Colts fly are AFC Champions & Superbowl Champion this is accomplished only by winning more than 1 game in the playoffs .

2 good seasons are something to build on but nothing really special . If your home  team is watching the playoffs with you, A division win is like winning a goldfish at the fair, looks good for a few after a lil time its belly up & time to flush the Colts have 2 SB 's -1 win  because they moved on  . Jim Kelly got to the SB what 4 times lots of banners no lombardi & all he can say is you gotta be in it to win it .

Well, it's time to continue building then lol. The only direction is up. :rock:

Well, it's time to continue building then lol. The only direction is up. :rock:

I agree  to a point  , Although as good as the Texans were they barely hung on to win the south . 

I expect a bigger & better Colts team with some teeth in the defense in 2013 , The Texans had played catch up to the Colts there entire existence & they caught up & did very well these last 2 years , I expect this may turn into a decent rivalry kinda like Colts - Patriots one of these days . If they make it 3 in a row & were somehow able to win in LOS on a consistent basis it would get this party started . As a Colts fan I learned respect for Tom Brady & the hoodie based on many close & exciting games . At this point I have respect for a Texans defense who always plays with great intensity & I like Arian Foster .  The upcoming season will be fun to watch .

I agree  to a point  , Although as good as the Texans were they barely hung on to win the south . 

I expect a bigger & better Colts team with some teeth in the defense in 2013 , The Texans had played catch up to the Colts there entire existence & they caught up & did very well these last 2 years , I expect this may turn into a decent rivalry kinda like Colts - Patriots one of these days . If they make it 3 in a row & were somehow able to win in LOS on a consistent basis it would get this party started . As a Colts fan I learned respect for Tom Brady & the hoodie based on many close & exciting games . At this point I have respect for a Texans defense who always plays with great intensity & I like Arian Foster .  The upcoming season will be fun to watch .

Indeed. Interested to see how things start to shape up in the AFC in terms of rivalries for the next decade.

Indeed. Interested to see how things start to shape up in the AFC in terms of rivalries for the next decade.

With the Colts - Texans  its been pretty lopsided  , now that both teams are playing at a high caliber it will be fun to watch .

For a long time we just looked at a Texans game on the schedule & said theres a win with no second thought .

Not no more .  

:colts:

With the Colts - Texans  its been pretty lopsided  , now that both teams are playing at a high caliber it will be fun to watch .

For a long time we just looked at a Texans game on the schedule & said theres a win with no second thought .

Not no more .  

:colts:

Yep, and the Texans defense is built to stop guys like PM, so we are essentially made to stop elite QBs. Depending on the Colts development this year, things could heat up and get competitive or just start being more lopsided in the other direction. :) We'll just have to wait and see.

Yep, and the Texans defense is built to stop guys like PM, so we are essentially made to stop elite QBs. Depending on the Colts development this year, things could heat up and get competitive or just start being more lopsided in the other direction. :) We'll just have to wait and see.

I agree the Texans built there team to beat the Colts , But it does give me a lil chuckle , Success came after PM was nolonger playing in the AFC south the first year & just edged out his replacement #12 the second. I believe just based on last years record there will be no more lopsided games in either direction .

I agree the Texans built there team to beat the Colts , But it does give me a lil chuckle , Success came after PM was nolonger playing in the AFC south the first year & just edged out his replacement #12 the second. I believe just based on last years record there will be no more lopsided games in either direction .

Eh, I don't know. This defense was a monster in 2011, I think we may have beaten him then too. Of course this is all speculation and we'll never know, but technically, PM was still a Colt in 2011. ;) You may be right, hopefully there is no lopsidedeness...I love watching competitive football games. As long as my team still wins the division though, I'm good.

Eh, I don't know. This defense was a monster in 2011, I think we may have beaten him then too. Of course this is all speculation and we'll never know, but technically, PM was still a Colt in 2011. ;) You may be right, hopefully there is no lopsidedeness...I love watching competitive football games. As long as my team still wins the division though, I'm good.

Actually your defense has been a monster for several years , Winning a division is a necessary step , But speaking from experience its a shallow victory,To be in the AFC championship is a opportunity to play for the Lombardi anything less is a slap in the face . Ask Jim Kelly & the Buffalo Bills or Marv Levy who kept there eyes on the prize, there not remembered for divisions or consecutive wins in the AFC championship . History says no matter how good they were in the regular season in the playoffs they folded .

I can't wait to see Colts - Texans 2013 version I think we'll both love it for about 58 minutes .

Actually your defense has been a monster for several years , Winning a division is a necessary step , But speaking from experience its a shallow victory,To be in the AFC championship is a opportunity to play for the Lombardi anything less is a slap in the face . Ask Jim Kelly & the Buffalo Bills or Marv Levy who kept there eyes on the prize, there not remembered for divisions or consecutive wins in the AFC championship . History says no matter how good they were in the regular season in the playoffs they folded .

I can't wait to see Colts - Texans 2013 version I think we'll both love it for about 58 minutes .

By being in the playoffs I was implying the ultimate playoff game...forget the AFC Championship, it's all about the Super Bowl!! :lombardi: