Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Honey Badger a 4th round prospect, according to Mayock

I'd pass and not think twice, to small to play SS and does not have the cover skills two be a number 2 Corner

What about nickel CB? He did play nickel a lot in college. Tim Jennings was small too. With the right coaching and scheme, he turned it around.

What about nickel CB? He did play nickel a lot in college. Tim Jennings was small too. With the right coaching and scheme, he turned it around.

He would be best in the nickel coming off the edge on the blitz but I like Butler as our Nickel, I'd pass, bigger needs then a Nickel Corner

Honey Badger is a poor man's Troy Palamalu to me.  That's the way I would use him. They are both about the same size.  5'10" 200 lbs.  though Troy is the better athlete.  That's why I say "poor" mans.

Where did you hear that Honey Badger, is 5'10 and 200??

He's 5'9" under 180,  and runs 4.6

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyrann-mathieu?id=2540180

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29205

He's quite small....    there's no resemblance to Troy Polamalu....

I would not mess with this kid period.    

He has NO self discipline...      I mean an All American getting kicked OFF of an SEC team is nearly unheard of... 

No thanks..  let the Bengals or who ever ..  deal with the "bubbaKushbadger" ..   heheh..   

IMO dudes abilities are not the issue...    his total lack of commitment is.   

Dude want's to get paid... and smoke bud all day.   ..    It just does not work that way when one is an athlete.  

This * was failing "pre scheduled"  urine tests at LSU.       Not a bright kid... 

Where did you hear that Honey Badger, is 5'10 and 200??

He's 5'9" under 180,  and runs 4.6

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyrann-mathieu?id=2540180

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29205

He's quite small....    there's no resemblance to Troy Polamalu....

In comparison to most safeties.  5'10" makes Troy the shortest safety in football, does it not?  That's my point.  Also, Troy does the same kind of stuff that Honey Badger did in college.

Burfict didn't get drafted because he ran an eight minute 40.

Burfict's 40 time was only one of his many, many, many issues....   I suspect the folder each time had on Burfict looked like the size of the Encyclopedia Britannica...

He had a mountain of issues, both on the field and off the field....    No one questioned his raw talent....   they questioned his head....

Burfict's 40 time was only one of his many, many, many issues.... I suspect the folder each time had on Burfict looked like the size of the Encyclopedia Britannica...

He had a mountain of issues, both on the field and off the field.... No one questioned his raw talent.... they questioned his head....

For sure, my point was he didn't get drafted because of where he was at physically. Guys who are nutcases but always show up on the field always get a chance.

Personally, if I were a GM, it would be no different than the chance Belichick took on Alfonso Dennard. Just that the Honey Badger is a better talent. End of 6th, I would pull the trigger personally.

If I could pull the trigger on Chapman and not get a single down from him on the field for being a 5th round pick, I probably should not worry if he is there at the end of the 6th, that is my viewpoint.

Burfict was a highly touted prospect until his senior year when was fat, slow and the stupidest player in the PAC . It was no surprise that he wasn't drafted and based on his history he will probably revert to his previous behavior as soon as he gets a decent contract. Glad he's not a Colt. As for Honey Badger, he is obviously a risk but so far he has always been in football shape so he's probably less of a long term gamble on the field, at least.

Personally, if I were a GM, it would be no different than the chance Belichick took on Alfonso Dennard. Just that the Honey Badger is a better talent. End of 6th, I would pull the trigger personally.

If I could pull the trigger on Chapman and not get a single down from him on the field for being a 5th round pick, I probably should not worry if he is there at the end of the 6th, that is my viewpoint.

Yes, we didn't get a single down from Chapman, a 5th round pick.   But we have him for 3 more years at a cheap price and he'll either be a starter, or a back-up who plays a lot.   But he's NOT a head case.   He's a quality kid on and off the field...

Speaking of which,  the Honey Badger has all sorts of issues, on or off the field...   the OP was asking about the 3rd round...  now you're saying you're OK with the 6th round...    OK,  but he may not be there by then...    also,  remember, Grigson passed on Dennard countless times....   so he may have tipped his hand when it comes to players like this....

Just sayin....

NFL | Tyrann Mathieu showing burst Wed Feb 20, 08:55 AM

Former Louisiana State CB Tyrann Mathieu recently posted a time of 4.47 seconds in the 40-yard dash in preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine. Projected by many to be a fourth-round pick in the NFL Draft, Mathieu can help his stock by posting a good 40-yard time.

Link to story http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/02/former_lsu_cornerback_tyrann_m_7.html

Yes, we didn't get a single down from Chapman, a 5th round pick.   But we have him for 3 more years at a cheap price and he'll either be a starter, or a back-up who plays a lot.   But he's NOT a head case.   He's a quality kid on and off the field...

Speaking of which,  the Honey Badger has all sorts of issues, on or off the field...   the OP was asking about the 3rd round...  now you're saying you're OK with the 6th round...    OK,  but he may not be there by then...    also,  remember, Grigson passed on Dennard countless times....   so he may have tipped his hand when it comes to players like this....

Just sayin....

he passed because Dennard assaulted an officer, now he is convicted and facing up to 6 years in prison. GM's knew what kind of trouble he was in. Matheiu just has a marijuana issue. thats apples and oranges

he passed because Dennard assaulted an officer, now he is convicted and facing up to 6 years in prison. GM's knew what kind of trouble he was in. Matheiu just has a marijuana issue. thats apples and oranges

"Just a marijuana issue" is a lot worse than you seem to realize.

You can get yourself put into the NFL's drug problem and that makes things tougher and you're likely to get suspended...

If the team can't count on you to be there -- for whatever reason -- then you're not as valuable to them.

Clearly, I don't know what Grigson is thinking,  none of us do....   but I won't be surprised if Grigson passes on Mathieu...

NFL | Tyrann Mathieu showing burst Wed Feb 20, 08:55 AM

Former Louisiana State CB Tyrann Mathieu recently posted a time of 4.47 seconds in the 40-yard dash in preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine. Projected by many to be a fourth-round pick in the NFL Draft, Mathieu can help his stock by posting a good 40-yard time.

Link to story http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/02/former_lsu_cornerback_tyrann_m_7.html

That will turn into a 4.59 at the combine.

This is all you need to know about Tyrann Mathieu

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/40968/321/a-violent-collision-seeker

If we got him in the 4th round it would be better than anything we would get in the 1st( except if Chance Warmack fell to us)

Really?    

That's what you offer under the idea of....   "this is all you need to know...."     Really?

You think that's what they're saying in the 32 scouting offices of the NFL??     Really?

I sure hope not.        :slaphead:       :facepalm:

Really?    

That's what you offer under the idea of....   "this is all you need to know...."     Really?

You think that's what they're saying in the 32 scouting offices of the NFL??     Really?

I sure hope not.        :slaphead:       :facepalm:

I am sorry you neglect to see useful information. Obviously he will not be going in the first because of huge character concerns. Anything after that is a great buy. Watch the game film. He will be a stud in the NFL. But if you could tell me what the scouts are saying in their office that would be fantastic thanks.

I am sorry you neglect to see useful information. Obviously he will not be going in the first because of huge character concerns. Anything after that is a great buy. Watch the game film. He will be a stud in the NFL. But if you could tell me what the scouts are saying in their office that would be fantastic thanks.

Here's an interview that Colts' GM Ryan Grigson did....  I got it off the front page of this website.    It's less than 5 minutes long, so it's not hard to watch at your convenience...

Shortly after it starts, he gives a list of things he's looking for in a player, then sums it all up by saying roughly this....

"We can't get enough information....   we want all the information we can get on these guys...."

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/UpClose-Online-Ryan-Grigson/93d74ef6-b09c-4a4b-b662-6a4634cac875

Now, I appreciate we're all fans here and not the GM....   but I try to approach this as a GM...   and think like a GM...

So, for me,  just seeing one story on a player isn't "all I need to know..."    especially when it's the opposite of what others are saying....

I want all the information I can get....    one story,  whether it's yours, or from somewhere else, isn't enough for me.   And I don't think I'm alone....   I think many other Colts' fans who spend time here think the same....    they want more,  not less....

Hope that clarifies my view....